POLL: Who is/was the best Dolphins QB post-Marino? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL: Who is/was the best Dolphins QB post-Marino?

Who is/was the best Dolphins QB post-Marino?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We did not let Gus go per say, he left because DC refused to compete for the starter postion. That was one of his conditions for coming to Miami. Gus was understandably upset about this and left the team. It`s a little ironic that DC chased off our best QB and is now upset that he is not getting the chance to compete himself.

Its Fiedler and I hate to say it because Fiedler is a pimp but, by default. No one else on the list played enough to make an argument. I always liked Fiedler and still do but, if we had a better QB there were a couple of seasons we couldve won it all. I always have and always will respect Fiedler though for his guts. The guy did do some positive things for us and always gave a great effort. If he couldve just connected on a few of those crucial long balls to Chambers that were set up by the running game and Chambers was wide open, we couldve been 13-3 or better in that season Ricky ran for 1800.

I think it will be Green after the next 2 years.

Why is Culpepper even on the list???? The guy was the worst QB in phins history.

We did not let Gus go per say, he left because DC refused to compete for the starter postion. That was one of his conditions for coming to Miami. Gus was understandably upset about this and left the team. It`s a little ironic that DC chased off our best QB and is now upset that he is not getting the chance to compete himself.

It just goes to show what poor character the guy has. For some reason he kept getting labeled as a "class act" and "hard worker" by many people on here despite a long career of proving to be anything but those things.

fiedler got so much heat b/c he was following the g.o.a.t. i had a feeling that he would be be much more appreciated for the job he did when he was gone. he had a servicable first year and a very good 2nd season- 3,000+ yards & 20 TDs and probably should have made the pro bowl over kordell stewart, who was all pro mostly b/c he played for the team w/ the best record. his thumb injury robbed him of any throwing proficiency he ever had, but from '01 til the end of the '02 denver game, he's was a solid starter for us. only 3 qbs in franchise history have thrown for 20 TDs+ in a season: marino, griese, and fiedler.

fiedler got so much heat b/c he was following the g.o.a.t. i had a feeling that he would be be much more appreciated for the job he did when he was gone. he had a servicable first year and a very good 2nd season- 3,000+ yards & 20 TDs and probably should have made the pro bowl over kordell stewart, who was all pro mostly b/c he played for the team w/ the best record. his thumb injury robbed him of any throwing proficiency he ever had, but from '01 til the end of the '02 denver game, he's was a solid starter for us. only 3 qbs in franchise history have thrown for 20 TDs+ in a season: marino, griese, and fiedler.

Good point. Just goes to show Fiedler is a pimp.

The Dolphins terminated Frerotte's contract.

I voted for Fiedler. For reasons already explained. Although I liked Sage.

The Dolphins terminated Frerotte's contract.

I voted for Fiedler. For reasons already explained. Although I liked Sage.

Whats kind of funny is if Nick would of handled things better and DC would of been open to a competition. We would not of been forced to bring in Harrington. Gus would still be employed in the NFL, and he would of actually gotten to play by default. Gus would of gotten his last hoo rah and we might of actually won a few games last season.

I dont remember the exact details, but I do remember Gus left because he felt he earned the right to compete for the starter job, and was not going to be given it. They may of came to an agreement for him to buy his way out of his contract so he could go elsewhere to compete, but I think noone wanted him or he could not win in TC. I do know Gus wanted out but don't know how the team faculitated it. I'm not sure on the details.

Whats kind of funny is if Nick would of handled things better and DC would of been open to a competition. We would not of been forced to bring in Harrington. Gus would still be employed in the NFL, and he would of actually gotten to play by default. Gus would of gotten his last hoo rah and we might of actually won a few games last season.

I dont remember the exact details, but I do remember Gus left because he felt he earned the right to compete for the starter job, and was not going to be given it. They may of came to an agreement for him to buy his way out of his contract so he could go elsewhere to compete, but I think noone wanted him or he could not win in TC. I do know Gus wanted out but don't know how the team faculitated it. I'm not sure on the details.
Fretotte followed Linehan to the Rams and is backing up Bulger.

ty reno

Im surprised i have not seen you weigh in on the dc debacle its not like you to be so unoppioned lol

not even a question and is hands down jay fiedler...only one on the list that led them anywhere

im not worried about the strength of his arm...that man could overthrow anyone, if he had been a little bit more accurate that man would have been dangerous...

He was inacurate because he always had to heave the ball. When you throw the ball with all your might, more times than not, it will fall off target.

If he had any kind of arm, he would/could have been dangerous.

clear.gif

How anyone could hate Fiedler is beyond me. It's not his fault he was starting. He played his heart out for us each and every down he was on the field and that alone should keep hate out of it. Yes his talent didn't match his heart but you can't knock the guy for that. He was asked to start and he left everything on the field for us. Which is more than I can say for many of our past and current players.!

I wish more people would feel this way about Fiedler. I can't even add anything to this.....it's pretty much exactly how I feel about him as well.

Back
Top Bottom