Positives from bills game! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from bills game!

Another positive: DVP hit his $750k bonus today, he needed 4 balls for 73 yards.

Sorry. I didn't see this and posted something similar.

Baker is another player who really came on this year and didn't get as much attention as he deserved.

Disappointed with the game, but overall thrilled with the season.

It's obvious what the weaknesses are and most, if not all, could be fixed in one offseason.

Honestly biggest positive may be the team realizing they are farther away from contention than they thought.

Today showed this isn’t as simple as 2-4 player additions and retaining all of these people. Some people we counted on today were absolutely horrendous.
That's a good point.

Personally, I think the wide receiver unit needs complete overhaul.

As to the defense, Miami dominated most teams but leaving those corners on a island depends so heavily on the pass rush.

It would be nice to find an elite pass rusher, but that's hard to do.

A good reality check. Can you imagine the final score, had the Bills needed to win this game for a top seed and left Allen in all game?
This team is young. And probably 20 players could be upgraded. In a sense, that's a positive- that a young team with limited talent could win 10 games. But they are banging on the bottom side of the floor of the elite teams' penthouses.
We all knew this would take time. A lot of us sensed Year 4 of the Flores Regime. We got teased this year- really teased- for good or bad, it was a fun season, and thank God for that with all that is going on.
Remember, it is only the end of year 2, and we have a great coach. I think next year is still a building year, and we have our struggles. Look how long it took Andy Reid in KC. We just need to savor the good, and realize that this loss isn't the end of anything. It's just a marker.
I still think it's 2022 when we start knocking down doors.
I agree, but as a fan it was easy to get excited and enjoy the run. Miami was competitive in every game except the finale.

That said, Grier and Flores recognized that Miami was still a year or so away.

The draft showed us that as Grier focused on building the foundation and didn't draft for skill positions.

Flores going from Fitzpatrick to Tua was also more about 2021 and beyond than 2020.

I agree, but as a fan it was easy to get excited and enjoy the run. Miami was competitive in every game except the finale.

The draft showed us that as Grier focused on building the foundation and didn't draft for skill positions.

Flores going from Fitzpatrick to Tua was also more about 2021 and beyond than 2020.
I like your posts. You are very level headed.

But why?!
Why miss out on Jonathan Taylor, AJ Dillon, Dobbins?!
Why not give you QB a Chase Claypool or Mims?

How do you say it's a good draft when you miss out like that, and since 2016 you drafted: Carroo, Ford, Grant, Drake, Ballage, and Gaskins?

It's like Misi over Gronk type of thing.

But why?!
Why miss out on Jonathan Taylor, AJ Dillon, Dobbins?!
Why not give you QB a Chase Claypool or Mims?

How do you say it's a good draft when you miss out like that, and since 2016 you drafted: Carroo, Ford, Grant, Drake, Ballage, and Gaskins?

It's like Misi over Gronk type of thing.
I would have loved one of those running backs as well.

But Miami's plan was to build the lines, which made sense. Last year's offensive line was easily the worst in the league.

It was a failed plan. It is a failure.
Please dude, you really need to learn how great teams are built. We’ve done the big free agent signing and it doesn’t work. What? You want us to go out and buy another Mike Wallace??? Please. We’ve been doing wrong and all wrong for years. Finally we have a regime who’s doing it right from the inside out and building the foundation first. I’m sorry this 1st year product is not sparkly, glittery, and not shiny enough for you. This isn’t Maddens football. NFL football games are won in the trenches. Now they go out and get the toys. Good Grief
failed plan??? I don’t think you even know what a plan is

Please dude, you really need to learn how great teams are built. We’ve done the big free agent signing and it doesn’t work. What? You want us to go out and buy another Mike Wallace???

This regime went and spent on RB: Howard, Breida.
Failed. It was a failed draft.

This regime went and spent on RB: Howard, Breida.
Failed. It was a failed draft.
Right, every other team NEVER makes mistakes on personnel. Right. And a failed draft??? Lay off the crack pipe. Why? BECAUSE IT WILL KILL YOU, that’s why.

Right, every other team NEVER makes mistakes on personnel. Right. And a failed draft??? Lay off the crack pipe. Why? BECAUSE IT WILL KILL YOU, that’s why.

You will defend it whether it is good or bad. Does not matter what. Either way it was great.

Back
Top Bottom