Positives from Dolphins Giants! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Dolphins Giants!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not a overly impressive game but 5 in a row is always nice.

- Jaelan Phillips 2 sacks back to back. Breaks dolphins rookie sack record with 8.5. But equally as impressive the following drive he loops inside takes on 2 OL, and frees up Adam Butler for an easy sack.
- Jaylen Waddle 9 for 90 breaks Jarvis Landry’s rookie reception record. He’s like basically our offense at this point.
- Xavien Howard made an incredible int. It’s fun to see him and Holland fighting for INTs.
- Tua was accurate, efficient and made some big boy throws to Parker and Gesicki to close it out.
- Parker had a nice return, great to have him back he’s a valuable weapon to have on those jump balls.
- Jevon Holland played well tackled hard, had 2 PBUs, wish he came down with the diving int. Best play may have been 3rd and long where he came downhill and belted the WR forcing a drop and a punt.

Not a great game but a lot of familiarity with the coaching tends to create these snoozefest style games. Tuas solid, 3 emerging Star rookies in one draft class, and Xavien Howard continuing to be a stud

MICHAEL FVCKING DEITER

Was he good? I know his snaps were accurate that’s a plus. I thought the OL has a unit was pretty dreadful. Every one complains about the check downs and dunk but we’d be getting 6-8 sacks per game if Tua didn’t get ball out so quickly

Was he good? I know his snaps were accurate that’s a plus. I thought the OL has a unit was pretty dreadful. Every one complains about the check downs and dunk but we’d be getting 6-8 sacks per game if Tua didn’t get ball out so quickly
i have no idea, but i do know the inside pressure seemed much improved suddenly.

I don't think the oline looked terrible today.

While they still need a lot of improvement, the pressures seemed less than in previous games. The announcer attributed the hard Tua sack on Gaskins. No idea if that was the right call or not though.

I'll take growth.

The Gaskin sack was on Tua, he could have avoided it by throwing to Gaskin.
The other sacks was on a stunt that Jackson gave up. He needs to be aware of overloads in defensive alignment because they are targeting him on stunts because he is inexperienced at the position.

Ugly game, immediate positives for me were Phillips, Parker, Waddle, Tua, Holland, X, the run D except for that one weird drive.

Negatives were coaching, dropped balls, missed ST opportunities, bad play calling, lack of run game

I don't think the oline looked terrible today.

While they still need a lot of improvement, the pressures seemed less than in previous games. The announcer attributed the hard Tua sack on Gaskins. No idea if that was the right call or not though.

I'll take growth.
Factoring in Tua's pocket presence and rapid fire release, I'd be happy with an OL if we could even upgrade it to "mediocre"

The Gaskin sack was on Tua, he could have avoided it by throwing to Gaskin.
The other sacks was on a stunt that Jackson gave up. He needs to be aware of overloads in defensive alignment because they are targeting him on stunts because he is inexperienced at the position.
Did Gaskins even turn around and be ready for a pass? I don't recall seeing that. I recall Gaskins blocking air and Still looking to block more air leaving Tua to get pasted.

Did Gaskins even turn around and be ready for a pass? I don't recall seeing that. I recall Gaskins blocking air and Stull looking to block more air leaving Tua to get pasted.

Yes he did

When QB is one on one with a single defender, he should be able to avoid him, especially when he has room to backpedal, and has an outlet in this case Gaskin in the line of sight looking at the blitzer. Tua must do better there.
Instead he again like in the Buffalo game opened himself up to a big hit trying to squeeze a pass downfield. That was just stupid. And when he gets hurt and missed 5 games again you guys will scream Gaskin sucks. Well, no he does, Tua would suck, he got himself hurt by playing stupid football.

Back
Top Bottom