Positives from Dolphins Giants! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Dolphins Giants!

Factoring in Tua's pocket presence and rapid fire release, I'd be happy with an OL if we could even upgrade it to "mediocre"
I also think a lot of those 1 yard runs would have gone for 3 or 4 yards with a larger back. A number of times it seemed Gaskins or Ahmed were brought down with a one armed tackle at the line. The offensive linemen were engaged with the defenders on those plays, our backs are just small and easily swatted down.

I think a true between the tackles running back will really help the offense open up.

I also think a lot of those 1 yard runs would have gone for 3 or 4 yards with a larger back. A number of times it seemed Gaskins or Ahmed were brought down with a one armed tackle at the line. The offensive linemen were engaged with the defenders on those plays, our backs are just small and easily swatted down.

I think a true between the tackles running back will really help the offense open up.
bring up The Doak!

there was one play where they showed the camera angle like from behind tua's head looking downfield.

tua threw to gesicki, and it was like the most uncanny thing in between defenders and arms and everything.

tua's a magician back there.
He seems to have a real knack for hitting a receiver in-between defenders. At first I thought he was being a little foolhardy but he's done it multiple times in multiple games where he hits a guy being covered by two or three defenders.

It's impressive in both accuracy and giant ass balls.

Not a overly impressive game but 5 in a row is always nice.

- Jaelan Phillips 2 sacks back to back. Breaks dolphins rookie sack record with 8.5. But equally as impressive the following drive he loops inside takes on 2 OL, and frees up Adam Butler for an easy sack.
- Jaylen Waddle 9 for 90 breaks Jarvis Landry’s rookie reception record. He’s like basically our offense at this point.
- Xavien Howard made an incredible int. It’s fun to see him and Holland fighting for INTs.
- Tua was accurate, efficient and made some big boy throws to Parker and Gesicki to close it out.
- Parker had a nice return, great to have him back he’s a valuable weapon to have on those jump balls.
- Jevon Holland played well tackled hard, had 2 PBUs, wish he came down with the diving int. Best play may have been 3rd and long where he came downhill and belted the WR forcing a drop and a punt.

Not a great game but a lot of familiarity with the coaching tends to create these snoozefest style games. Tuas solid, 3 emerging Star rookies in one draft class, and Xavien Howard continuing to be a stud

Kudos to the OL for the fewer penalties.

There were some stories that Fromm was picked up for knowledge of how the Bills beat the Dolphins. The broadcast talked about how the Giant defense were trying to confuse Tua by shifting to cover the pre-snap read. The Bills have done this frequently to our QBs. It is a positive that Tua was able to adjust to the defensive game plan. I think of this as growth from Tua.

I don't think the oline looked terrible today.

While they still need a lot of improvement, the pressures seemed less than in previous games. The announcer attributed the hard Tua sack on Gaskins. No idea if that was the right call or not though.

I'll take growth.
It was. Gaskin screwed the pooch on that one.

The Gaskin sack was on Tua, he could have avoided it by throwing to Gaskin.
The other sacks was on a stunt that Jackson gave up. He needs to be aware of overloads in defensive alignment because they are targeting him on stunts because he is inexperienced at the position.
Ehhh.... I can't put the Gaskin sack on Tua... if you're expecting a guy to pick up a Blitzer why would you ever be looking for him on a check down.... Gaskin made a bad read on the blitz and bailed.

The Jackson sack was terrible in real time.... he literally turned his back to the stunting lineman.

Was he good? I know his snaps were accurate that’s a plus. I thought the OL has a unit was pretty dreadful. Every one complains about the check downs and dunk but we’d be getting 6-8 sacks per game if Tua didn’t get ball out so quickly
I haven't done a re-watch yet, but I did notice him a couple of times where he made nice plays.

Back
Top Bottom