Positives from panthers game!!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from panthers game!!!!!

That does not sound right because Howard was bailing deep and abandoned his man. No wonder Jones got flat footed. The question is why was Howard bailing but could not keep up?
If you say he was covering boundary then he was not covering anyone and he failed.

Cam missed a lot of wide open receivers. Every time he threw an INT he walked off the field with a smile on his face like he didn't have a care in the world. On the bench he was smiling and chewing gum, looking like it was a preseason game. I don't understand why any team would sign him; he's a real POS.
"Just because Cam Newton is on the team, it doesn't mean the team will automatically win." Do you know who (paraphrased maybe) said that?

"The Cam Newton honeymoon ended in a disastrous fashion. The QB was brutal in his second start for the Panthers. Newton completed a woeful 5-of-21 passing (23.8%) for 92 yards with two interceptions for a 5.8 passer rating. Of Newton's 92 yards, 64 came on one completion to D.J. Moore early in the game."

"Newton's 5-of-21 passing (23.8%) is the lowest by a QB with 20-plus attempts in a game since Joey Harrington went 5 of 22 (22.7%) for DET in Week 14, 2004."
Don't stop.
I'm enjoying this immensely - LOL

The biggest take away so far this year to me is Waddle is such a stud...Tua to Waddle is gonna be something we as fans are gonna not really appreciate for years but we should now

Another positive is all the we missed on Herbert posters are on hiatus for a week

I mean all 2 of them 💋
So sick of the Herbert ball lickers...what have the Chargers done? Acting like he's Montana...the fantasy stat crowd is ridiculous...cuz Burrow and Lawrence's teams are totally winning it all cuz your Finzfan02 team beat JagzNation33 on Yahoo sports this week

So sick of the Herbert ball lickers...what have the Chargers done? Acting like he's Montana...the fantasy stat crowd is ridiculous...cuz Burrow and Lawrence's teams are totally winning it all cuz your Finzfan02 team beat JagzNation33 on Yahoo sports this week
i personally think herberts going to be a good qb in the league but it has no correlation to what tuas going to be...they have different skillsets, they were drafted into different situations...i think the way tua was handled last season was wrong with playing musical qb, i thought fitz was the better qb to win games but i was all in on developing tua regardless of the mistakes or the stagnant offense, i think the majority of the fanbase was looking at it as a throwaway year in the name of development...the expectations were tempered but flores was more interested in meaningless wins than developing his qb of the future

I felt it was a solid performance by the entire team.

The offensive line played much better than earlier this year.
Tua was actually "magnificent".
Kudos to all the receivers.
The running backs ran hard and as well as opportunity allowed.
The running backs are also pretty good receivers.
The defense surpassed it previous level of excellent play.
Special teams made me laugh when they blocked a punt, recovered that punt and ran it in for a TD.
This was after the kicking team put the panthers back against the goal and the defense kept them there for a 3 & out series leading to the blocked punt.
That play made me laugh out loud.

I'm sure coaching also had something to do with the win. - LOL
Not trying to throw shade at our impressive win. But, good teams win ugly ..... they win the close games .... they're consistently effective even when the players have a bad game. We've been laughably bad ........ and then impressive. This is not new. It is the same cycle in each of Coach Flo's seasons. Even when we were playing quite well, we faced a well-playing Buffalo and were horribly exposed.

Our defense couldn't dictate game play and we were routed .... as happens a lot. Our defense is not consistent .... just potentially good with nice stretches in the 50 to 80 portion of the season. Come game week 15-18 will we be good enough to nail down a playoff spot? Will we be able to keep this defense dominating good teams in the playoffs? I don't think so. Not sure I've seen real evidence of it so far at least. Even if we can keep our stars like X healthy for a playoff push (a big 'if'), then we're at the mercy of our defense to dominate ... because Tua's _still_ afraid to throw the intermediate passes.

Even the big play to Jalen Waddle only traveled 14 yards past the line of scrimmage in the air. Yep, 14 yards .... didn't even make the marker for an intermediate pass. Sure, Waddle is electric, and he _finally_ broke one long ... but that doesn't mean defenses need to fear our deep or even intermediate game. When good defenses clamp down .... we'll fold. IMHO, this team is not built for success offensively ...... and at the very least we can agree that it is not built for success yet. As you are, I'm hoping we can get this offense to the point where it can challenge against quality defenses. I'm hoping Tua can grow to challenge more of the field and open up the field for our RB's to do more than just change of pace stuff. I'm hoping we can establish an OL that allows Tua to throw deeper routes so we can take advantage of the skills of Parker (jump balls on the deep sidelines) and Gesicki (devastating seam routes), and the type of offense that punishes defenses who choose to lock down our short passing routes and overload the line of scrimmage. But .... at least so far .... we have no real evidence that this coaching staff can do that, even with massive investment in the offense in terms of draft picks and the endless churn of FA's.

I want to believe ... but when I analyze the data ... it doesn't add up. We've gained and spent a king's ransom of draft picks .... yet our roster is no more talented today than it was when we had the majestic Cam Wake walking our sidelines. This was supposed to be the birth of a dynasty of new talent that justified the horrible tanking and brutal rebuilding. Arguably, our best talent from that haul--Minkah Fitzpatrick and Laremy Tunsil--were both let go. Help me see how this is working .... because you always have a good eye for the positives, and I'm hoping I'm just missing them. I'm hoping we're on the cusp of dramatic and sustained improvement. I'm hoping we're going to see the vision promised when we brought in Coach Flo and the latest iteration of the Belichick coaching tree franchises around the NFL.

Best game all year. I’m pumped, was not expecting us to win this game.

- Jaylen Waddle is a super star. He’s fast, he’s shifty, he’s got sick routes, but he’s also a clutch possesion receiver a unique combination. (John Metchie has some unique similarities, his iron bowl game was incredible and would love to draft him to replace Wilson).
- Jaelan Phillips breakout game 3 sacks, close to 4 they may change it to a half sack for him. Dude has been consistently trending in the right direction.
- Jevon Holland another Int, another stud draft pick. Chris Grier hit a home run with this years draft class.
- Tua completed like 90% of his passes only QB in dolphin history with consecutive games of 80% completion percentage. He may be an elite game manager, some people will bitch about that, others will realize we have something to work with.
- Phillip Lindsay and Myles Gaskin is a Shifty 1-2 punch that has some potential. They weren’t amazing but our OL sucks. They made the most of what they had to work with.
- Duke Riley/ Justin Coleman Punt block recovery TD, set the tone for the game. Huge play!
- Wilkins, Ogbah, Sieler all three are freaking beasts and deserve shout outs.
- Xavien Howard had the pick, also let up a big play but it was his 5th forced turnover on f the year that’s big.
- Godsey was in his bag today, the Smythe QB sneak, the Ahmed Toss run, the red zone play calling. Whenever we needed a good play he schemed it up. I’ve been super hard on play calling all year but today was magnificent.
- 4 wins in a row is incredible in the nfl let’s enjoy it
I wish we would get rife of the damn wildcat tho. Even tho we scored twice from it last week!! Lol. I just hate that offense.

Not trying to throw shade at our impressive win. But, good teams win ugly ..... they win the close games .... they're consistently effective even when the players have a bad game. We've been laughably bad ........ and then impressive. This is not new. It is the same cycle in each of Coach Flo's seasons. Even when we were playing quite well, we faced a well-playing Buffalo and were horribly exposed.

Our defense couldn't dictate game play and we were routed .... as happens a lot. Our defense is not consistent .... just potentially good with nice stretches in the 50 to 80 portion of the season. Come game week 15-18 will we be good enough to nail down a playoff spot? Will we be able to keep this defense dominating good teams in the playoffs? I don't think so. Not sure I've seen real evidence of it so far at least. Even if we can keep our stars like X healthy for a playoff push (a big 'if'), then we're at the mercy of our defense to dominate ... because Tua's _still_ afraid to throw the intermediate passes.

Even the big play to Jalen Waddle only traveled 14 yards past the line of scrimmage in the air. Yep, 14 yards .... didn't even make the marker for an intermediate pass. Sure, Waddle is electric, and he _finally_ broke one long ... but that doesn't mean defenses need to fear our deep or even intermediate game. When good defenses clamp down .... we'll fold. IMHO, this team is not built for success offensively ...... and at the very least we can agree that it is not built for success yet. As you are, I'm hoping we can get this offense to the point where it can challenge against quality defenses. I'm hoping Tua can grow to challenge more of the field and open up the field for our RB's to do more than just change of pace stuff. I'm hoping we can establish an OL that allows Tua to throw deeper routes so we can take advantage of the skills of Parker (jump balls on the deep sidelines) and Gesicki (devastating seam routes), and the type of offense that punishes defenses who choose to lock down our short passing routes and overload the line of scrimmage. But .... at least so far .... we have no real evidence that this coaching staff can do that, even with massive investment in the offense in terms of draft picks and the endless churn of FA's.

I want to believe ... but when I analyze the data ... it doesn't add up. We've gained and spent a king's ransom of draft picks .... yet our roster is no more talented today than it was when we had the majestic Cam Wake walking our sidelines. This was supposed to be the birth of a dynasty of new talent that justified the horrible tanking and brutal rebuilding. Arguably, our best talent from that haul--Minkah Fitzpatrick and Laremy Tunsil--were both let go. Help me see how this is working .... because you always have a good eye for the positives, and I'm hoping I'm just missing them. I'm hoping we're on the cusp of dramatic and sustained improvement. I'm hoping we're going to see the vision promised when we brought in Coach Flo and the latest iteration of the Belichick coaching tree franchises around the NFL.
I don’t think the offense can be consistent with that line in front of Tua..

I also don’t think we have enough weapons once good defenses clamp down on waddle..

He does have a unique ability to separate so that helps regardless of bracket coverage or double teaming him.

The one thing that is missing from Tua at this point is his ability to recognize when to run..

Fitz showed him up close how to do it and when and man was it effective but Tua hasn’t figured that it out yet, I keep waiting to see the awareness but it’s not there..

I respect your post..

Back
Top Bottom