Positives from today’s game against Jets! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game against Jets!

- Tua debut!!! After 1 career game Tua leads the NFL in completion percentage. For real though was exciting seeing him getting in. Fitz was hype the stadium went nuts was a joy to watch.
- Xavien Howard ties NFL record for consecutive games with an int.
- Christian Wilkins came to play, big sack multiple tackles, multiple batted passes. And a sweet leap frog over Brandon Jones.
- Ogbah 2 sacks continuing to stack good consistent games together.
-Shaq Lawson made some plays too set the edge on a TFL for Roberts where he blew the play up. And also forced an intentional grounding that took points off the board. Stuff that doesn’t show up on stat sheet but impactful.
-Jakeem Grant had his best game, caught balls thrown his way, made some very nice punt returns, caught the ball cleanly on returns.
-Myles Gaskin May have had his best game he ran so hard and caught the ball well 126 total yards.
-Adam Shaheen made some plays the seam busting 43 yard catch and another TD to open the game and get us off to an early lead.
-Brandon Jones came in late made a huge TFL on Gore on a 3rd down and nearly had a pick 6. Gotta catch that though.
-Overall it was a fun win but we have to get better, we shut out a putrid team but we didn’t play very well.

Don't forget SMYTHE!!!!!!!

- Tua debut!!! After 1 career game Tua leads the NFL in completion percentage. For real though was exciting seeing him getting in. Fitz was hype the stadium went nuts was a joy to watch.
- Xavien Howard ties NFL record for consecutive games with an int.
- Christian Wilkins came to play, big sack multiple tackles, multiple batted passes. And a sweet leap frog over Brandon Jones.
- Ogbah 2 sacks continuing to stack good consistent games together.
-Shaq Lawson made some plays too set the edge on a TFL for Roberts where he blew the play up. And also forced an intentional grounding that took points off the board. Stuff that doesn’t show up on stat sheet but impactful.
-Jakeem Grant had his best game, caught balls thrown his way, made some very nice punt returns, caught the ball cleanly on returns.
-Myles Gaskin May have had his best game he ran so hard and caught the ball well 126 total yards.
-Adam Shaheen made some plays the seam busting 43 yard catch and another TD to open the game and get us off to an early lead.
-Brandon Jones came in late made a huge TFL on Gore on a 3rd down and nearly had a pick 6. Gotta catch that though.
-Overall it was a fun win but we have to get better, we shut out a putrid team but we didn’t play very well.
I am pretty sure this guy has the NFL record for consecutive games with an interception...

But Howard did tie a Dolphin record.

Offense looked worrisome in the 2nd half. Our conservative play calling in the 2nd half once leading needs to improve. It is a good problem to have at the moment. We essentially need to.learn how to play while leading.

We literally only had 1 or 2 conversions on 3rd down the entire game, and Tua did it.

Man the Jets are bad.
The second half was concerning, the O felt kind of flat.
Some good performances- Ogbah, Wilkins, Brandon Jones on D- Gaskin had a nice game.
Man, great to see Tua.
I wonder if in the 2nd half they knew the Jets were so bad that there was no way they could score and it took the life out of them.
I can't believe we haven't shut the Jets out(Till today) since 1982. I remember watching that game so vividly- AJ Duhe's day in the sun. (or rain, that day)
That dart Tua threw to Grant was beautiful. Very reassuring.

Biggest positive is a bye week to get these guys healthy before the Rams. Need Parker and all our D healthy. Hopefully we get everyone back in 2 weeks. I wish they played tua the previous series... even the entire 4th. Why we would keep him on the bench up 24-0
In the 4th is beyond me but it was good to see him get some action.. as limited as it was

Offense looked worrisome in the 2nd half. Our conservative play calling in the 2nd half once leading needs to improve. It is a good problem to have at the moment. We essentially need to.learn how to play while leading.

We literally only had 1 or 2 conversions on 3rd down the entire game, and Tua did it.
My theory is that Fitz intentionally crapped the bed to force Flo to put in Tua. That's the type of guy Fitz is.

Back
Top Bottom