Positives from today’s game against Jets! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game against Jets!

I would believe that theory if it happened in the 3rd quarter, even very early 4th.
Even Fitz has a floor and he was there most of the 2nd half with some of those throws. I could've sworn I saw him on the sideline at some point in the 3rd quarter chanting for Tua like the team did at the end of Rudy.

Ogbah wow! Six quarterback pressures, two sacks! After a slow start, he's been exactly what Miami was hoping for.

Howard and Jones together is a thing of beauty.

Gaskin definitely deserves to start. He sees the hole well and runs hard.

Offense had some moments, but didn't finish strong.

Nice to see Tua, although Fitz reaction was even better. Now, that is a leader.

If we are any good, the path to the playoffs is the easiest in the league. Cake walk of a schedule if this team is for real.

if we ain’t ready, we’ll be exposed. I look forward to it

It all hinges on Fitz

Ogbah wow! Six quarterback pressures, two sacks! After a slow start, he's been exactly what Miami was hoping for.

Its gonna be really nice when we can line up a stud rookie DE on the opposite side of Ogbah next year.

The hands on Gaskin. I've been noticing it all year but then they posted the stat today about leading the league in catch %. He's not a burner so he's not going to put together big runs but he's a very good receiving back and he always seems to make some positive yards on runs. He's a real find even if its only as a #2/3rd down back if we get a better #1 next year.

Love Gaskin but still see him as an alternative

My only concern this game was how Fitzs arm seemed to melt from late 2nd quarter onwards.

I agree, but Fitz's role is not to be the starter and only option to succeed this season. His most important role was/is...

1. Be competitive at QB, and help the offense through the first few weeks until the future at QB is ready...

Miami is 3-3, could very easily be 5-1 with a bit better defense early. Check

2. Needs to be Tua's tutor, friend, and off field coach to get him ready faster then normal Rookies.

Everyone has been raving about how good Tua is looking, Tua comes into a QBs worst nightmare, backed close to their endzone around the 5, where even 10 year Vets, because of the coaches or their own decisions, decide to just handoff all three times...Tua on the other hand, hands off only once, completes 2 passes for a 1st down.
Check (Kid seems ready)

3. Fitz knowing the offense, not only needs to get Tua caught up, but help his teammates to the point it become 2nd nature.

Not only have the players picked up the offense, they seem to make few mental mistakes, and have looked as cohisive a unit as I have seen in long time...Especially and very importantly on the O-Line.

Big check with I believe a 24 points a game average, few penalties, few drops, or few mental mistakes.

So declining arm or not, we got throuhh it, and now it will be up to coach Flores if he's ready to bring the future in, or stick a little longer with Fitz.

Last edited:
Other teams have got to be a little apprehensive about Miami. We have a pretty good core now on both sides of the ball and hopefully a star in the making ready to take over at QB. Plus our cap is good and we got another draft with a bunch of picks including Houston's 1st and they are 1-5.

Agree with everyone else on a lot of these things, just an all around good game, but seemed like we couldnt get much going in the 2nd half. Anyways, bye week coming at a good time, seems we are getting banged up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom