Positives from today’s game week 6 edition! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game week 6 edition!

How do you fix this OL next year?

I don't really see anyone on this OL that should be assured of a starting spot in 2020.

Do you really want Jesse Davis protecting Tua's blind side? Sure, he would be ok to average but not the type of player I would count on long term. (They obviously feel differently but that also worries me).

Deiter at LG has a lot to prove to remain, IMO. Yes, he deserves time but the LG spot should not be ignored just to put all your eggs in his basket.

Do you draft a LT high (Wirfs) when it may become the 2nd most important position on the line? This is another dilemma from the Davis extension. Would you put Davis on the left side and draft a RT high? (Wirfs can play both).

Also still need C & RG.

I realize we may not be able to fix the entire gutted roster in one off-season but the OL rebuild is going to be of huge importance, if we make that #1 OA investment in a rookie QB.

We also won't have a RB, A TE that is still a question and no consistent WR's yet.

and then the defense....yeesh

This is why Deiter was such a critical pick, and we really need him to turn out to be at least avg. So far I'm not seeing it. And yet another problem with the Rosen pick is we could have taken McCoy and had C locked up for the next decade. Instead we come out of the draft with 0 pieces at the moment. Jesse Davis would be a great rotational backup type guy, he's barely starting caliber if compared to good teams in the league. But I suppose we will be stuck with him at one spot bc we can't fill 5 in one off season.

I would personally sign 2 above avg/elite lineman in FA (assuming they are available), then I draft a lineman with our 2nd or 3rd pick in the first round, and then another one in the middle rounds. Position would depend on what we do in FA, but 2 elite C should be available in the first round in Biadaz and Creed Humphrey.

How do you fix this OL next year?

I don't really see anyone on this OL that should be assured of a starting spot in 2020.

Do you really want Jesse Davis protecting Tua's blind side? Sure, he would be ok to average but not the type of player I would count on long term. (They obviously feel differently but that also worries me).

Deiter at LG has a lot to prove to remain, IMO. Yes, he deserves time but the LG spot should not be ignored just to put all your eggs in his basket.

Do you draft a LT high (Wirfs) when it may become the 2nd most important position on the line? This is another dilemma from the Davis extension. Would you put Davis on the left side and draft a RT high? (Wirfs can play both).

Also still need C & RG.

I realize we may not be able to fix the entire gutted roster in one off-season but the OL rebuild is going to be of huge importance, if we make that #1 OA investment in a rookie QB.

We also won't have a RB, A TE that is still a question and no consistent WR's yet.

and then the defense....yeesh

If you are TUA why do you come out a year early to join this train wreck? Stay in college another year, win another National Championship, and join a team whose offensive line is not a set of Subway Turnstiles. BTW, that last comment could be interpreted as being an insult to Subway Turnstiles. If you took it that way I apologize....

If you are TUA why do you come out a year early to join this train wreck? Stay in college another year, win another National Championship, and join a team whose offensive line is not a set of Subway Turnstiles. BTW, that last comment could be interpreted as being an insult to Subway Turnstiles. If you took it that way I apologize....

He doesn't want to get Leinardt'ed...

Biggest positive is Gesicki making a sweet downfield catch.

- nobody died

- we let the Redskins know just how bad they really are when Fitzmagic came in.

- we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

- most thrilling moment since the Miami Miracle.

- after studying the state of the Skins. It made me appreciate our piece of **** owner wayyy more.

- no overtime

- Kenyan Drake is my hero

- bench Fitz! Do it!!!

- at this rate the alpine slide for the stadium will never get built.

- it's only week 5! Week ****ing 5!!! I'm never gonna last like this. I feel like if I stop watching for a game or two we'll screw the tank. I feel like Moses on the mount overseeing the great battle and upholding sway over the battle by keeping his arms in the air. Yeah, well, my traps are shot and I need a break.

Last edited:
Sure, he could wait a year and go to a different horrible team that's in a horrible location with a state income tax that doesn't have a treasure trove of draft picks and strapped against the cap (or cheap).

Sure, he could wait a year and go to a different horrible team that's in a horrible location with a state income tax that doesn't have a treasure trove of draft picks and strapped against the cap (or cheap).
Yes, but that team might also have one or two starting quality offensive linemen. Does everyone remember David Carr? I'll bet Tua knows that piece of NFL history.

I know the offensive line has a lot to do with it, but this team needs an upgrade at running back. I think Drake can be a complementary back, but they need someone who can handle a larger number of carries.
Totally agree. He needs to be the #2 guy. I'd bring him back if he wants to be here

This is why Deiter was such a critical pick, and we really need him to turn out to be at least avg. So far I'm not seeing it. And yet another problem with the Rosen pick is we could have taken McCoy and had C locked up for the next decade. Instead we come out of the draft with 0 pieces at the moment. Jesse Davis would be a great rotational backup type guy, he's barely starting caliber if compared to good teams in the league. But I suppose we will be stuck with him at one spot bc we can't fill 5 in one off season.

I would personally sign 2 above avg/elite lineman in FA (assuming they are available), then I draft a lineman with our 2nd or 3rd pick in the first round, and then another one in the middle rounds. Position would depend on what we do in FA, but 2 elite C should be available in the first round in Biadaz and Creed Humphrey.

I think Deiter is gonna be OK and is precisely the type of kid that's going to benefit
greatly from the off-season program coupled with his "natural progression."
He's fastidious and smart enough to learn from his mistakes and ramp up
his game accordingly.

I've been hoping our 3rd R1 would be in the 20-22 range which (2 flippers crossed)
would allow us to land one of the dominant centers.

A really nice looking R1 for us: Tua, Chase Young or Jeffrey Okudah, followed by Humphrey!

Yes, but that team might also have one or two starting quality offensive linemen. Does everyone remember David Carr? I'll bet Tua knows that piece of NFL history.
I'm pretty sure we will have 5 starting quality offensive linemen before we roll Tua out there behind them (if we draft him).

I'm pretty sure he knows that as well.

And I'm not talking rookie draft picks. We will have like $150+ million to spend.

What do you think the extra picks and money are for?

I mean, this is the kind of analysis we're going to be doing for the rest of the season? Topics with absolutely zero thought put into them?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you could somehow compress Archie Manning&#39;s first 10 years into a year and a half, you&#39;d have Rosen&#39;s career arc so far. <a href="https://t.co/1Lc2cvlYSO">https://t.co/1Lc2cvlYSO</a></p>&mdash; Doug Farrar (@NFL_DougFarrar) <a href="">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really didn't see too many positives except for Walton. He gives a 100% out there. Rosen was basically getting raped out there, as soon as that ball was hiked they were on him like a bum on a cheese sandwich. When Fitz came in I don't look at it as a positive, the Skin D seemed to lay back in zone coverage more at that point but I don't know why. Start Fitz another game and we all know the result.

I really didn't see too many positives except for Walton. He gives a 100% out there. Rosen was basically getting raped out there, as soon as that ball was hiked they were on him like a bum on a cheese sandwich. When Fitz came in I don't look at it as a positive, the Skin D seemed to lay back in zone coverage more at that point but I don't know why. Start Fitz another game and we all know the result.
Feel free to watch the replay of the game to see how often the Redskins blitzed Fitz early. They stopped when he was gunning it for positive yards and first downs constantly.

First time in a long time I’ve found fulfillment in dolphins games. They’re actually doing what I’m rooting for them to do

First time in a long time I’ve found fulfillment in dolphins games. They’re actually doing what I’m rooting for them to do
Benching Rosen for Fitz and having that comeback almost happen took years off my life. I'd rather not deal with 11 more of those for my own personal health.

Back
Top Bottom