Positives from today’s game! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game!

So when is he going to bench the defensive players responsible for giving top 189 rushing yards?
Yep it was pretty disappointing and I meant we’ve literally seen Fitz cost us games with mind boggling interceptions. Idk man Flores had one of his worst coaching days IMO. Let me clarify that it doesn’t mean I want him fired or the sky is falling cause we lost it’s okay for coaches and players to have bad days Thats professional sports, even Adam Gase has had his moments against Bill Belicheck

I’m positive I have no idea why they made Tua the starting QB after 6 games when they give him play calls like he isn’t ready to be a starting QB. Fitzpatrick came in and got the “big boy” play calls from the first snap.
Yea i noticed that also. Maybe Tua processes slowly or doesn't know the playbook. Frightening thought either way this late in the season

Until we are able to get pressure on opposing QBs without blitzing, and our oline becomes consistently better at opening up running lanes, and we draft 2 really speedy WRs. we will have more days like these.

I’m positive I have no idea why they made Tua the starting QB after 6 games when they give him play calls like he isn’t ready to be a starting QB. Fitzpatrick came in and got the “big boy” play calls from the first snap.
Dude for real fitz comes in and we finally go 5 wide quick passing game. And it opened up the offense, would have liked to see Tua in a similar style offense. Also would have liked more roll outs getting him on the move where he’s made his best plays

- Van Ginkel has been making plays consistently all year and did it again.
- we improved our draft position.

The offense got a shot of energy when Fitz entered.

Tua obviously playing conservative. Hopefully pulling him will knock that out of him.

The last thing I want to see at QB is Tua-Henne-Hill.

When given the opportunity DVP is making plays.

Defense looked vulnerable, but continues to generate turnovers.

Positive: The poor game management by the coaches on that last drive in the RZ, is on tape, and hopefully they can learn from it.

I am calling BS on Flores post.Tua went down pretty awkward on the 1 sack.Smart move would have been to sit him as he was taking a beating

I don't mind Flores making the call. It shows he wants to win every game today and will bench anyone. It almost worked too.

Or maybe you're right and he doesn't want the headlines to be about Tua´s durability.

Flores concluded that Tua had taken enough of a beating. He also knew that Tua wasn't going to be able to avoid taking more hits. So he went to Fitz to protect the rookie but also it was our only shot at turning anything around.

The other positive was that the team received a brutal reality check. Maybe the players while claiming that they maintained their focus were actually believing the universal media hype and the power ranking surge, etc. Tua is still an extremely talented young QB with a terrific future. However, the Denver Defense publicly exposed some of our team's shortcomings and NFL success may not be quite as easy as Tua expected. He gutted it out (he hasn't lost very often as a starter) and in the process took a lot of sacks. The decision to bring Fitz in was a good call by Chan and/or Flo and almost got us right back in the game. If we take a step back, today's game represents a terrific learning opportunity. Coach Flo will give them all (players and coaches) candid feedback.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom