Positives from today’s game! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game!

The other positive was that the team received a brutal reality check. Maybe the players while claiming that they maintained their focus were actually believing the universal media hype and the power ranking surge, etc. Tua is still an extremely talented young QB with a terrific future. However, the Denver Defense publicly exposed some of our team's shortcomings and NFL success may not be quite as easy as Tua expected. He gutted it out and in the process took a lot of sacks. The decision to bring Fitz in was a good call by Chan and/or Flo and almost got us right back in the game. If we take a step back, today's game represents a terrific learning opportunity. Coach Flo will give them all (players and coaches) candid feedback.
Couldn’t agree more

I don't mind Flores making the call. It shows he wants to win every game today and will bench anyone. It almost worked too.

Or maybe you're right and he doesn't want the headlines to be about Tua´s durability.
I was urging him (in my head) to put Fitz in as we needed to win this game. We so needed this game. Flores understood that and he sat his struggling, young QB. It was the right call and it almost worked. Except Fitz threw into double coverage for a pick...sigh.

The other positive was that the team received a brutal reality check. Maybe the players while claiming that they maintained their focus were actually believing the universal media hype and the power ranking surge, etc. Tua is still an extremely talented young QB with a terrific future. However, the Denver Defense publicly exposed some of our team's shortcomings and NFL success may not be quite as easy as Tua expected. He gutted it out and in the process took a lot of sacks. The decision to bring Fitz in was a good call by Chan and/or Flo and almost got us right back in the game. If we take a step back, today's game represents a terrific learning opportunity. Coach Flo will give them all (players and coaches) candid feedback.
Great post. Pretty much exactly how I feel.

Another Positive relating to the Texans pick, yes the Texans won which stinks. But the Cowboys, Redskins, Chargers, and Broncos all winning also basically helps mitigate that pick dropping

I can’t find any positives.

I have a lot of issues with Flores today. He should have used a TO before the Denver FG before halftime and left 40 seconds for the offense. There was also a play that should have been challenged when Fant (I think) had the ball sliding on his hip and he went to the ground. It popped up for what would have been a turnover and Flores didn’t challenge.

A really weak day from the coaching staff. Seemed like the D played it too vanilla. They couldn’t handle the Denver o-line pulling. They didn’t come at Lock the way they came at Goff and Herbert.

Howard and Parker. Also Byron Jones. When it's quiet over there he's doing his job. The commentators mentioned the great sideline tackle he made, with basically no help behind him. I've seen Dolphin cornerbacks fail to make that play far more often than not.

Another positive was Fitzpatrick showing greater urgency once he entered the game. I don't think Tua has trailed by double digits often enough to understand how vital those extra seconds are, once into the 4th quarter. We were running the clock down on ourselves.

However, I thought the major clock and strategic gaffe was just the opposite. I was screaming when we were taking so much time before that final offensive snap, the one that turned into an interception. As a gambler you're always thinking about 2 chances instead of 1. Since we only had 2 time outs remaining it was imperative to get going in a hurry, in case something went wrong. You can't fear the time Denver has remaining, if we tie the game. Not with Drew Lock as opposing quarterback. If we had snapped that ball early on the play clock there still would have been 20+ seconds that Denver could not kill with the three plays. That is a massive situational switch. It cold have enabled a Hail Mary or two. It would have forced Denver to make decisions, like whether or not to concede a safety. Instead once we lounged around for so long with the clock running, and then threw the interception, it meant Denver had only a handful of seconds to waste, and logically they wouldn't even bother to punt the ball.

The patriots lost. That’s really all I got unless tua escaped major injury. Cause he was able to get that leg loose otherwise they are carting his ass off the field too.

good job oline. You went back to every year prior today. Jeesh.

put their asses in coach

- Andrew Van Ginkel had the huge forced fumble on the goal line that gave us a chance to come back. Also nearly blocked another punt. He’s like a heat seeking missle on defense.
- Xavien Howard continues to be impressive, another int, tight coverage and of course the int number 6 on the year.
- Devante Parker had a big game made some unreal contested catches the toe tap TD was beautiful.
- Nik Needham had some nice pass break ups on really tight coverage. He continues to develop and get better.
- Antonio Callaway sighting converted a big 3rd and 10 with a 13 yard catch hope he keeps working his way onto the field.
- Not sure who got credited with the 4th and 1 stop but that was a big play.
- Jason Sanders 53 yard FG to make it a 1 possession game.
- Fitz came in and made some plays and at least brought some excitement and gave us a chance to win. This will obviously be the hot debated topic. Not really a fan of it, I get it from a coaching perspective but i don’t think you can just yank your future franchise Qb when things get tough even if it may be best option in that particular time.
Tua wouldve gotten hurt today. It was a 'live to play another down' kinda day for him. Our O-line Sucked. Throw Fitz to the wolves.

The patriots lost. That’s really all I got unless tua escaped major injury. Cause he was able to get that leg loose otherwise they are carting his *** off the field too.

good job oline. You went back to every year prior today. Jeesh.

put their asses in coach
That's why Tua got pulled. Coach Flo saw our O-line sucking and Tua staggering like a punchy boxer and pulled the ripcord.

That's why Tua got pulled. Coach Flo saw our O-line sucking and Tua staggering like a punchy boxer and pulled the ripcord.

I think he’s got a foot or ankle issue. His foot was caught under him on that last sack. Luckily he was able to get it out before all his weight was on it. Otherwise it would have been the damn cart.

but yeah with that oline play let fitz deal with it. They were horrid today.

Back
Top Bottom