Post June 1st Cuts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post June 1st Cuts

timmash44

Active Roster
Reaction score
Who are some of the players you think will be cut?

With the whole pandemic messing up everyone plans including the NFL salary cap. Teams don't have a choice, but to cut Pro Bowl players. Many Dallas Cowboy fans believe Jaylon Smith will be cut. With their draft of Parsons and Jabril Cox from LSU their need of Smith is not on high priority. We could use a player like Smith if he were to become available. He has been playing in a new system and it has messed his play up. I'm sure Coach Flo can easily fix this problem. Make him the player he can become. That's the turning point with this staff and front office they enjoy getting the best out of all their players.

With rumors of Le'Veon Bell, Melvin Ingram, Malik Hooker, Julio Jones, and whoever they deem worthy to play on this team. Has a chance to compete and win a Super Bowl. That's why were all here to see the Miami Dolphins win. To win multiple Super Bowls.

"I bleed aqua and orange". -T. Mash

I think the Dolphin staff is working overtime leaving no stone (player) unturned. I think they know we have an up and coming division plus that Buffalo chip has to be taken off our shoulders. First time long time I believe they'll do the right thing, don't have to bat 1000, just get close, more hits than strikeouts.

We don't need Julio, Smith, Hooker, Smith are worth giving a look plus there will be many more.

Who are some of the players you think will be cut?

With the whole pandemic messing up everyone plans including the NFL salary cap. Teams don't have a choice, but to cut Pro Bowl players. Many Dallas Cowboy fans believe Jaylon Smith will be cut. With their draft of Parsons and Jabril Cox from LSU their need of Smith is not on high priority. We could use a player like Smith if he were to become available. He has been playing in a new system and it has messed his play up. I'm sure Coach Flo can easily fix this problem. Make him the player he can become. That's the turning point with this staff and front office they enjoy getting the best out of all their players.

With rumors of Le'Veon Bell, Melvin Ingram, Malik Hooker, Julio Jones, and whoever they deem worthy to play on this team. Has a chance to compete and win a Super Bowl. That's why were all here to see the Miami Dolphins win. To win multiple Super Bowls.

"I bleed aqua and orange". -T. Mash
Cowboy fans have been wanting to get rid of Smith for the past two seasons. He never has been the player they hoped he would be and the injury he suffered in his final college game seems to have impacted his play since coming into the NFL. He was part of the problem with the Cowboys defense and I really don’t see him being better than the LB‘s already on the Dolphins roster.

It would cost the Dolphins nearly $10 million dollars to claim him if he is cut and he just isn’t worth that type of money. Personally I would rather they sign Baker to an extension than try and claim Smith or even try to sign him to a contract if he clears waivers.

Cowboy fans have been wanting to get rid of Smith for the past two seasons. He never has been the player they hoped he would be and the injury he suffered in his final college game seems to have impacted his play since coming into the NFL. He was part of the problem with the Cowboys defense and I really don’t see him being better than the LB‘s already on the Dolphins roster.

It would cost the Dolphins nearly $10 million dollars to claim him if he is cut and he just isn’t worth that type of money. Personally I would rather they sign Baker to an extension than try and claim Smith or even try to sign him to a contract if he clears waivers.
good point

I think the Dolphin staff is working overtime leaving no stone (player) unturned. I think they know we have an up and coming division plus that Buffalo chip has to be taken off our shoulders. First time long time I believe they'll do the right thing, don't have to bat 1000, just get close, more hits than strikeouts.

We don't need Julio, Smith, Hooker, Smith are worth giving a look plus there will be many more.
Who do you think will be the other teams to do a roster purge? Saints, Bears, and Falcons have less than $500,000 in salary cap space. A lot of teams don’t have a choice. They still need to sign their rookies.

If we sign a pass rusher, someone will have to go. We have enough money to sign our rookies (barely), but we'll only have about 500K left after that.

Jaylon Smith is a veteran(4+ years exp) and not subject to waivers. If he is cut, his contract is void.

That being said, Smith being cut is unlikely as his base salary has been guaranteed for this year. The Cowboys would be on the hook for his salary+prorated bonus if cut pre or post june 1st.
They could trade him, but no team wants that cap hit with his sorry ass play.

Can't you designate players as a post June 1st cut, and cut them earlier?

If so, is June 1st a significant date anymore, cuts-wise?

Yes. Can designate them as a June 1st in March for example.
Just won't receive the cap benefits for the cut till June 1st.
Only significance is the cap space finally clears the bank lol.

For the Jaylon Smith scenario, Dallas could of designated JS as a June 1st cut within the first 5 days of the new season and not be on the hook for his base salary if cut. They didn't and on the 5th day his base became guaranteed.

I'm beginning to think he may stay, my evidence:

Every Instagram pic/video, even the one just posted by the Dolphins, shows Grant working with Tua.
He is way overpaid for a guy who only plays specials... but I'll give him this much-- he works hard and gives us everything that he has.

I still don't think he sticks, but I've come off of 'never'.

Back
Top Bottom