Post the practice squad for the Dolphins here! | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post the practice squad for the Dolphins here!

Not Bowden's fault Miami opted for Sanders and Cracraft on the ps.
I think the 'Deebo' thing got vastly overrated and the 'slot-guy' skillset is also overrated.
You need Running Backs and Wide Receivers. The 'tweener' guys are overrated.
The irony of the 'Deebo' thing is that Deebo, himself, said he wants way more looks as a conventional WR.

So, the Dophins chose a guy who wasn't even in their camp over Bowden.

Or Bowden chose to go to a team with poor WR depth where he will probably be the #3 option within a few weeks after learning the offense and developing some chemistry with the team.

The PS isn't prison. You don't just send guys there against their will.

He played at Florida and is from Ocala. He probably wanted to come back closer to home. I don’t know that the Dolphins are the best PS to join if he is looking to eventually make the 53 man roster because the Dolphins are loaded at the WR spot.

Yet maybe no other team in Florida or in the South offered him a spot on their PS.
He might want high quality coaching from Wes W for pitching himself to teams next year.

Way to not drop the ball in a blown-coverage gift. Good size to him, all kidding aside.
Seems like Miami is prioritizing vertical threats vs lateral motion-dominant playmakers.
However, both Waddle and Hill are absolute ankle-breakers on lateral motion plays.

Or Bowden chose to go to a team with poor WR depth where he will probably be the #3 option within a few weeks after learning the offense and developing some chemistry with the team.

The PS isn't prison. You don't just send guys there against their will.
I think it's both.
Would you really wanna have to pack up all your stuff and relocate just to be on a practice squad? I think the Dolphins told him they value a different kind of player in their system and his career was blocked with the Dolphins.
Im saying I think Miami nudged him out the door, IMO.

I find that fans often use absolutes for simplicity purposes, but they don't have much value. The common one I think of is arm length for tackles. That's a trait that's regularly discussed at draft time, but NFL OL coaches think is useless.

Agree.

Though, I can't help but wonder... is there some correlation between arm length & holding penalties?

I think it's both.
Would you really wanna have to pack up all your stuff and relocate just to be on a practice squad? I think the Dolphins told him they value a different kind of player in their system and his career was blocked with the Dolphins.
Im saying I think Miami nudged him out the door, IMO.

I should be clear what I think Bowden is, because I'm defending him and I dont wanna make it seem like he's more than he is.

I think he's a #4 type who has some extra value a few plays a year on trickery and return kicks decently enough.

I do think k his career was blocked here. We have 3 WR we knew would make the team, a surprise rookie and MG basically being a WR too. He wasn't going to get playing time.

So I'm not sure if we nudged him out, but I think it was probably clear to both sides that right now there just isn't room for his skill set when constructing a roster.

Back
Top Bottom