Post the practice squad for the Dolphins here! | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post the practice squad for the Dolphins here!

I agree that is often the case. But IMO that is also a mistake. In the draft a couple of years ago, I had Jonathan Taylor as the clear #1 best RB on my board. His running ability was special. But by all accounts, he wasn't nearly as good in pass pro as guys like Dobbins and CEH and there were rumors that Miami had Dobbins as their top RB on their board based on that (I don't know if it as true). IMO you take the great runner and teach him to pass pro, etc. You can't teach those great running instincts.

As a general philosophy, I believe that you don't take certain more fungible positions early (RB, interior OL, LB). But if you have a special talent then you make an exception b/c special players have an impact that out-performs their positional value. I wanted Taylor with that third 1st rounder that went for Iggy. The fact that it was our 3rd 1st round pick that year and late in the first round also helped. In retrospect, I don't think anybody would argue that it wouldn't have been a better pick. I did hear that Studesville was pounding the table for Taylor in that draft room but was Flores wanted Iggy.
I agree. Man, Taylor would have been nice to add.

The good news is McDaniel's system makes running backs look good. Over the years, it doesn't seem to matter where running backs are drafted in this system. The success of Mike and Kyle Shanahan in finding running backs is a plus.

Still, can you imagine Taylor in this system?

I agree. Man, Taylor would have been nice to add.

The good news is McDaniel's system makes running backs look good. Over the years, it doesn't seem to matter where running backs are drafted in this system. The success of Mike and Kyle Shanahan in finding running backs is a plus.

Still, can you imagine Taylor in this system?
And it's also possible that if we drafted Taylor we still have Flores, a crappy offensive staff (particularly OL coaches) and Watson/Brissett (or the like) at QB.

I wouldn't trade McD, our offensive staff, Tua, no cohesive offensive system, etc., for Taylor, Flores, etc.

And it's also possible that if we drafted Taylor we still have Flores, a crappy offensive staff (particularly OL coaches) and Watson/Brissett (or the like) at QB.

I wouldn't trade McD, our offensive staff, Tua, no cohesive offensive system, etc., for Taylor, Flores, etc.
good point there

Right. I often wonder if Miami made the playoffs last year if Flores would be the head coach.

Anyone got any intell on these additions are they worth a hoot.

Back
Top Bottom