Post the practice squad for the Dolphins here! | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post the practice squad for the Dolphins here!

It could also be that the Dolphins haven’t offered him a spot on their PS. I think there were some posters on here who were more impressed by Doaks that the Dolphins or the other teams around the league appear to be.
In my case, especially with drafted or UDFA RB, it's wanting to see the player in real action and not getting to see the player in real action.

With RB if they never get a carry in the regular season, it's disappointing. And may have more to do with their blocking, assignment soundness, etc., than their running ability.

As a fan I want to see their running ability in the pros with my own eyes.

Any offensive player that was here last year was on thin ice with the new coaching staff. Guys like Doaks, Bowden, Preston, Soliman, Pankey, all lost out to new arrivals. But on defense, we still got that Fed guy at safety, although he's on the IR for the 1st four weeks. Says something about what was happening last year around here.

I don't think Doaks was on this ice, I think we were just so starved for a HB that he became this potential savior that he never should have been to fans.

Also don't think Bowden was on thin ice. He didn't play last year, and while I do think he would currently be the 4th best option at WR, it didn't make any sense to keep him based on roster construction.

I've been wanting to cut Preston since last year. He's just terrible technique wise and always injured which will sap his only saving grace - physical ability.

The other two I have no opinion on whether it was thin ice or not.

I don't think Doaks was on this ice, I think we were just so starved for a HB that he became this potential savior that he never should have been to fans.

Also don't think Bowden was on thin ice. He didn't play last year, and while I do think he would currently be the 4th best option at WR, it didn't make any sense to keep him based on roster construction.

I've been wanting to cut Preston since last year. He's just terrible technique wise and always injured which will sap his only saving grace - physical ability.

The fringe offensive returnees had a more uphill climb than the defensive guys to make even the practice squad.

Definitely didn't seem like Preston Williams ever improved following a promising start as a rookie. And, of course, he couldn't stay healthy.

I thought Bowden opened some eyes. With all the acquisitions at wide receiver, I didn't think he had much of a shot.

I still have no idea about Doaks, but it certainly appears McDaniel puts a premium on speed.

One concern that's puzzling me at the moment is who's going to be the short yardage back. Michel really wasn't doing the job, which is likely why he got cut. I guess Ingold could handle that job?

One concern that's puzzling me at the moment is who's going to be the short yardage back. Michel really wasn't doing the job, which is likely why he got cut. I guess Ingold could handle that job?
Possibly Ingold and of course the best thing that can happen is your first downs before it gets to 3rd down.....lol

Right. Kind of figured Michel was a lock when Miami signed him.

Mostert and Edmonds are bothh 200 lb backs. They'll be fine.

To me, Preston was on the team to give him a last chance AND because competition was weak. This year he had real competition.

In my case, especially with drafted or UDFA RB, it's wanting to see the player in real action and not getting to see the player in real action.

With RB if they never get a carry in the regular season, it's disappointing. And may have more to do with their blocking, assignment soundness, etc., than their running ability.

As a fan I want to see their running ability in the pros with my own eyes.
I agree that is often the case. But IMO that is also a mistake. In the draft a couple of years ago, I had Jonathan Taylor as the clear #1 best RB on my board. His running ability was special. But by all accounts, he wasn't nearly as good in pass pro as guys like Dobbins and CEH and there were rumors that Miami had Dobbins as their top RB on their board based on that (I don't know if it as true). IMO you take the great runner and teach him to pass pro, etc. You can't teach those great running instincts.

As a general philosophy, I believe that you don't take certain more fungible positions early (RB, interior OL, LB). But if you have a special talent then you make an exception b/c special players have an impact that out-performs their positional value. I wanted Taylor with that third 1st rounder that went for Iggy. The fact that it was our 3rd 1st round pick that year and late in the first round also helped. In retrospect, I don't think anybody would argue that it wouldn't have been a better pick. I did hear that Studesville was pounding the table for Taylor in that draft room but was Flores wanted Iggy.

I agree that is often the case. But IMO that is also a mistake. In the draft a couple of years ago, I had Jonathan Taylor as the clear #1 best RB on my board. His running ability was special. But by all accounts, he wasn't nearly as good in pass pro as guys like Dobbins and CEH and there were rumors that Miami had Dobbins as their top RB on their board based on that (I don't know if it as true). IMO you take the great runner and teach him to pass pro, etc. You can't teach those great running instincts.

As a general philosophy, I believe that you don't take certain more fungible positions early (RB, interior OL, LB). But if you have a special talent then you make an exception b/c special players have an impact that out-performs their positional value. I wanted Taylor with that third 1st rounder that went for Iggy. The fact that it was our 3rd 1st round pick that year and late in the first round also helped. In retrospect, I don't think anybody would argue that it wouldn't have been a better pick. I did hear that Studesville was pounding the table for Taylor in that draft room but was Flores wanted Iggy.
i just want to see them run in an NFL game, with the real scheme, behind the real line!

and ideally without getting Tua killed.

Back
Top Bottom