Post your reaction: We draft an OT in the first round. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post your reaction: We draft an OT in the first round.

If it's a guy like Lamp I don't think I'd be upset at all personally.

Fantasy-Football-Defense.jpg

images

160202_vod_orig_lombarditrophy_mix_16x9_992.jpg

If the right fit defensive player (like a Hassan Reddick or Takkarist McKinley) is not available then Forrest Lamp may be our best value. After this years free agent market price for guards, their actual draft value may be higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id be ok with getting the best player at the time we pick. I wouldn't be upset if it's a guard (Lamp) a DE, CB, S or LB as long as we don't reach or trade up for a bum.I'm on the LB necessity train but if another position player is stellar so be it.

Lamp will be gone by the time we pick.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I would bet my house that they take a DE in the 1st round

We're moving down to the late 20's and gaining an extra 3rd round pick and then we're drafting Lamp then a DE at 54, a LB and a FS with the two 3rd round picks....sorry but I can't reveal the source.....lol

Ozzy rules!!

another DE? I hope not. People seem to have an infatuation with DE's that I don't understand. We need some LBs and Safeties now.

No issues if he is a falling star like a Dan Marnio. If it keeps our offense on the field that helps the defense. Ajayi carried the team quite a few times last year with a lousy line at times we can't depend on that plus Ajayi snuck up on the league once they started game planning for him our offense did not look so good.

another DE? I hope not. People seem to have an infatuation with DE's that I don't understand. We need some LBs and Safeties now.

Miami has exactly one pass rusher. He is old, and he's struggled with health in recent seasons. You don't pass on an elite player from another position to fill a need, but if the value is similar, Miami is in desperate need of pass-rush help, and it's hard (not impossible, but hard) to find that outside the 1st.

Wouldn't be upset. The Tannehill and the offense is better with a strong o-line. I wouldn't be upset if we took a DE either but I want an impact rookie with our first pick. I don't think we get that if we take a DE. Not enough snaps available. But we need one by the end of round 3.

Back
Top Bottom