Post your reaction: We draft an OT in the first round. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post your reaction: We draft an OT in the first round.

Dumb luck with Cam Wake or we would have been screwed for years.

We have nothing behind Wake on the roster. His successor should be a proven DE by this point. But ofc we can't draft for ****.

OV was a decent player but I never saw (still don't) him as a dominant pass rusher.

Who knows, maybe someone will leak a drug video this year and stop Tbaum and Grier from taking a 2nd round linebacker with our top pick - it worked last year. We are going to take Jack a full round before anyone else was prepared to consider it.

It wasn't just dumb luck. They looked at the videos of what he did in the CFL. He was a physical freak and then Ireland outbid 6 - 8 other NFL teams for his signature. There was definitely good demand for Cam because he dominated up in Canada. It was probably one of the smartest things Ireland (and Parcells) did in coming to Miami.
Even after we got him, he got practically zero playing time in his first year as a Dolphin. He was training well but by sitting most of the year on the bench (as an older guy), it made him super hungry and he excelled when finally given the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
another DE? I hope not. People seem to have an infatuation with DE's that I don't understand. We need some LBs and Safeties now.

we need talented ones...younger ones...because you know.....Wake aint playing for the next ten years is he?

It wasn't just dumb luck. They looked at the videos of what he did in the CFL. He was a physical freak and then Ireland outbid 6 - 8 other NFL teams for his signature. There was definitely good demand for Cam because he dominated up in Canada. It was probably one of the smartest things Ireland (and Parcells) did in coming to Miami.
Even after we got him, he got practically zero playing time in his first year as a Dolphin. He was training well but by sitting most of the year on the bench (as an older guy), it made him super hungry and he excelled when finally given the opportunity.

Yeah. They looked at "videos" of Dion Jordan too. They were also bidding for another CFL guy last year but he hasn't exactly turn into Cam Wake. As a matter of fact, he didn't even make the team. Cam didn't start in his first year but he played in 14 games and collected 5.5 sacks as a situational pass rusher when we still had Joey Porter and JT. I'd say that was more than "practically zero".

Was it a smart move? Absolutely....in hindsight. Getting a good player from the CFL is not all that common but getting an All-Pro player from Canada to replace a HOF player involves some luck.

hqdefault.jpg

I say draft a starter with #22. LB and DE aren't definite starters on this team...an OG is.

It was only a couple of years ago that we were whining about drafting more offensive linemen in the first round. Please no more cornfed in the first !!! We need a playmaker, preferably defensively

Back
Top Bottom