Post your reaction: We draft an OT in the first round. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post your reaction: We draft an OT in the first round.

Forgot about Lorenzo Brommell on that list. He was a 4th rounder, I believe. 1998 maybe? Never started, but didn't play badly.
Also, Adewale Ogunleye was signed as an undrafted free agent. Don't forget those two.

We are in a great spot to trade back, pile up another pick or two assuming Miami things they can still get their guy and still get a player of need in the late 20's..I'd be thrilled

Nice! We're revolutionizing the league with the "4 tackles and a center" offensive line. Jay Ajayi is gonna have a great year running the off-tackle plays! Does this mean the rookie is gonna be a RG this year until he takes over James's spot next season?? Seems like the plan.

If its an awesome guard that can also play tackle and possibly center?...no problem.

We need that kind of versatility with Pouncey and his injury history.

I'm all for improving the defense...but I damn sure don't want to see another season of poor O-line play and Tannehill getting abused.

I see protecting Tannehill as priority one.

Forgot about Lorenzo Brommell on that list. He was a 4th rounder, I believe. 1998 maybe? Never started, but didn't play badly.
Also, Adewale Ogunleye was signed as an undrafted free agent. Don't forget those two.

yeah, I was referring only to draft picks and I did miss Bromell. He was listed as a DT on the site I used.

I would not be mad at all if Lamp dropped to 22 and the Fins took him.

I was thinking about this the other day, and was considering that it may not be the worst thing to plug a tackle at guard for a year like Tunsil did if the front office isn't sold on James. Personally, I'd rather stick with James though.

giphy.gif

i wouldnt be too pissed especially if Lamp or any other OL with a higher grade than the LB S CB DE prospects out there...but if theres a strong LB or S talent staring at us AND Lamp is there too, I say take the LB or S...lets not forget Misi cant be relied on and is still unknown as to how he plays after an injury that was a possible career ender...not to mention we have a hole at S even with allen

If you mean an OT, and not G.......Im pretty disappointed. In fact, Ive seen us draft OL in the first few rounds over the last decade and we always get the same result. Its insanity.

I would not be mad at all if Lamp dropped to 22 and the Fins took him.

The fact that a particularly shallow puddle has more depth (and arguably talent) than our D doesn't trouble you?

As I recall...when we went on our winning streak our defense was still bad. The one thing that wasn't bad was our offensive line and running game...which in turn transformed Tannehill from a middle of the pack starter to a possible franchise QB (considering the circumstances - running game and good/great o line play). On paper, our defense is already better than it was last season...yet the strength of the team could possibly become a weakness, especially if Pouncey is injured this year (what are the chances?).

If you are going to be smart (cheap by another definition), you will get what you pay for. I wish we had paid for Leary...I also wish we had picked up Jonathan Cooper when he was to be had for a song...I want to be a billionaire, so it's not to late to accept my fate and wait on better dyas.

another DE? I hope not. People seem to have an infatuation with DE's that I don't understand. We need some LBs and Safeties now.

We have a 35 year old star defensive end on one side....when does he start to fade? And an overpaid slightly better than avg guy on the other side and then a bunch or replacement level guys behind them. And low depth at DT as well. Unless Hankins signs, I'd be shocked if they didn't take a defensive lineman, or a LBer that they can use to rush the passer in year 1 a la TJ Watt.

The only way I see a LBer being the first pick is if someone falls that should have been a top-12 guy, like Tunsil should have gone top 5 or 6 at worst last year.

It'll be a DE/rusher or an offensive guard or one of the safeties if they fall. And it should be.

and then it'll go from there with BPA at the other 4 or 5 positions we could use depth in the rest of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom