Post Your Surprise Pick at #51 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Your Surprise Pick at #51

I would be shocked if they went RB that early, that is just not the Shanahan tree way of doing things. The Fins have followed that model at RG to a T so far I don't see why they would switch up especially in such a deep RB Draft.

I am hoping they can move down and add a few picks in the late 3rd early to mid 4th area where I would be more comfortable taking a RB.

That being said, if they can't manufacture some extra picks I would not be unhappy with Spears at #84.
I agree. Would love Charbonnet, but I think he goes early than Miami is willing to at that position. I also hope Grier can add one pick in that 4th round range because I think the Dolphins could find a starter that late. Spears definitely feels like a McDaniel type. Achane as well and he could drop a little bit due to lack of size.

Answer to your tag...

Not really... it is a testament to the fact that he's built a Super Bowl contender... some people still won't accept that. It hurts their fee fees.

Answer to my tag? You mean my signature? The Dolphins are a Superbowl contender? How about we win a playoff game first and then go from there?

His drafting leaves much to be desired. His extensions are mediocre at best. But I am objective. His trades are top notch and his cap management has been phenomenal in my opinion.

He definitely has built a better team than he inherited, so I am giving him time, but we need him to better all around. If he cant fix the oline, which he has tried and failed at multiple times, then he needs to go.

Answer to my tag? You mean my signature? The Dolphins are a Superbowl contender? How about we win a playoff game first and then go from there?

His drafting leaves much to be desired. His extensions are mediocre at best. But I am objective. His trades are top notch and his cap management has been phenomenal in my opinion.

He definitely has built a better team than he inherited, so I am giving him time, but we need him to better all around. If he cant fix the oline, which he has tried and failed at multiple times, then he needs to go.
...and yet, you are so invested in slamming his drafting, you made it your signature.

Signature... I learned something... thank you.

...and yet, you are so invested in slamming his drafting, you made it your signature.

Signature... I learned something... thank you.

Yeah cause his drafting is bad. Nothing personal just think he can do a better job. While drafting isn't everything, it is very important.

I agree. Would love Charbonnet, but I think he goes early than Miami is willing to at that position. I also hope Grier can add one pick in that 4th round range because I think the Dolphins could find a starter that late. Spears definitely feels like a McDaniel type. Achane as well and he could drop a little bit due to lack of size.
Yeah Charbonnet has got Bengal written all over him in round 2.

Yeah cause his drafting is bad. Nothing personal just think he can do a better job. While drafting isn't everything, it is very important.
It really isn't... he's had a lot of hits, and no more misses than any other G.M., despite your stating that he has.

It really isn't... he's had a lot of hits, and no more misses than any other G.M., despite your stating that he has.
Grier has a solid record drafting in the years he has been in charge.

His biggest fault might be that he gives his HC's too much say in who the team picks. Many of his lesser selections were Flores guys and I am sure he is going to target guys McDaniel wants as well.

I am all for the staff being on the same page and the FO should be looking for players that fit the schemes the HC employs but I would like to see a few more "Grier Guys". He is supposed to be a better evaluator than the coaches at least in theory.

Grier has a solid record drafting in the years he has been in charge.

His biggest fault might be that he gives his HC's too much say in who the team picks. Many of his lesser selections were Flores guys and I am sure he is going to target guys McDaniel wants as well.

I am all for the staff being on the same page and the FO should be looking for players that fit the schemes the HC employs but I would like to see a few more "Grier Guys". He is supposed to be a better evaluator than the coaches at least in theory.
A lot of the anti-Grier guys are posters who just like to be seen as 'edgy non-conformists'. Grier's hits-to-miss ratio is actually pretty good, and because of that, those who like to trash him will generally play up one or two bad picks and work those picks up to be heinous disasters... OMG!!! This pick was SOOOO bad... while pretending that Phillips/Holland/Tua etc... don't exist. OMG that pick INVALIDATES all the good work!!! Infinity!!!

It's kind of funny really.

A lot of the same guys used to trash Grier's FA work... or his trading... (Both of which are also net positives), but now they just sort of quickly grant that Grier has won in those areas before pivoting to players who could have been drafted instead of our busts.

There is no summation logic here... just animus and the desire to throw a tantrum. Logically, these guys can not be reached... They'll always pivot to some 2nd or 3rd round successful pick without ever granting that every single GM in the League passed on that player at least once... I just chuckle and move on generally, but sometimes I'm amused enough to play along.

A lot of the anti-Grier guys are posters who just like to be seen as 'edgy non-conformists'. Grier's hits-to-miss ratio is actually pretty good, and because of that, those who like to trash him will generally play up one or two bad picks and work those picks up to be heinous disasters... OMG!!! This pick was SOOOO bad... while pretending that Phillips/Holland/Tua etc... don't exist. OMG that pick INVALIDATES all the good work!!! Infinity!!!

A lot of the same guys used to trash Grier's FA work... or his trading... (Both of which are also net positives), but now they just sort of quickly grant that Grier has won in those areas before pivoting to players who could have been drafted instead of our busts.

There is no summation logic here... just animus and the desire to throw a tantrum. Logically, these guys can not be reached... They'll always pivot to some 2nd or 3rd round successful pick without ever granting that every single GM in the League passed on that player at least once... I just chuckle and move on generally, but sometimes I'm amused enough to play along.
All you really have to do is look at where this roster was in 2019. And then compare it to now.

On talent alone, I believe Miami is top 10 in the NFL.

If he were a top GM then we would have playoff wins. Until we do that, he has to be considered average at best.

Back
Top Bottom