Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion

NFL Total Access covered the MIA/TB game for a grand total of less than one minute. Two highlights.
Nobody relevant to the league at large was playing in the game, they are mostly covering individual player story lines on that show. The final scores and all that are garbage anyway.

I think my favorite aspect of the game was the defensive scheme. It’s definitely a lot like Flo’s defense in terms of alignments and responsibilities. I think it’s going to be really good again.

My least favorite aspect of the game was our rushing attack. I understand our starting OL and RBs weren’t playing but our backups looked bad on the run. They did pass pro effectively though.

I did enjoy seeing how much our playaction looked which was strange considering how bad the run game was.

I liked the play calling on both sides.

If I’m talking just to talk; two under the radar teams that could have interest in Teddy B. and a WR.

San Fransisco; after they trade Garoppolo, they want a veteran backup who can help Trey Lance grow. Jimmy can’t do that. Plus you’d think learning McDaniels system would make for an easy transition into Shanahan’s. SF has had a rash of injuries at WR and could also use a Preston Williams or Lynn Bowden.

Dallas; Prescott is now an injury concern at all times and a 3-4 game stretch of missed games could ruin Dallas’s season if Dak is out. Dallas always thinks they’re going to the Super Bowl. Also they could use a WR to help their thin corp.

I don’t think you’d get higher than a fourth for Bridgewater but maybe more importantly that 6.5M guaranteed comes off the books. A massive amount to recoup/rollover at this point in the season.

It’s a gamble obviously.
Um.. I don't want to do anything to help out the 49ers. We own their First-round pick and I want them to suck rocks this year for obvious reasons!

* Highlight was Jason Sanders' alignment. He was standing in the correct place again, unlike last season when he was always 2-3 inches too far right, lending to cramped conditions and a two-way miss. Once I saw Sanders' correct alignment on the opening shortie I was confident he'd connect on the rest. But his altitude is still not as consistently good as it was 2 years ago

* On the other hand, I was shocked to see Borregales in an NFL camp. He is line drive prone and knuckleball prone. The first field goal tonight was surprisingly normal. Much higher trajectory than typical for him. I'm thinking...maybe an assistant coach fixed him. Nope. The remainder looked very familiar from college. I was confident there was a big chance he would save his worst kick of the night for the game winning attempt, just like he did against Virginia with the Canes

* I ignore the offseason so I didn't realize Austin Jackson was at right tackle. He got bent backwards a lot. That will be a weekly sight. But he just has to be prepared for the ends and schemes that create space on that side. It will happen in several games minimum. Those will be the loopdedoo games not the Gumby games.

* Robert Hunt is an average player with a strange frame. I hope the late season hype from the penalty play didn't turn his projections into something he can never I've up to

* The opening series on offense was pure 49ers, including the inside looping running play to a receiver

* Skylar Thompson has no arm and should be evaluated as such. There is no reason to overhype certain guys based on early preseason, where the standout aspect is always so many marginal athletes and players comprising the back half of NFL rosters.

* Details don't mean much of anything. The only variable this year is whether Tua and the new toys can manufacture 24-27 points per game, including during the stymied games in which the situation and the energy always favor the opponent, and for the bulk of the day it's looking like the output is rightfully 13 not 27.

I was glad to see Bowden show a spark and would love to see him stick on the final 53.

I keep reading on here that the kid lacks speed and play making ability but I watched him make play, after play, after play in college and that’s hard to do when you’re facing SEC competition week in and week out.

Sometimes, a guy doesn’t have a great 40 time or eye popping athleticism but whenever they get the ball in their hands, they make things happen. Bowden is that guy.

I only got to watch the highlights on you tube but looks like our o line didn't play well. Can anyone confirm?

* Highlight was Jason Sanders' alignment. He was standing in the correct place again, unlike last season when he was always 2-3 inches too far right, lending to cramped conditions and a two-way miss. Once I saw Sanders' correct alignment on the opening shortie I was confident he'd connect on the rest. But his altitude is still not as consistently good as it was 2 years ago

* On the other hand, I was shocked to see Borregales in an NFL camp. He is line drive prone and knuckleball prone. The first field goal tonight was surprisingly normal. Much higher trajectory than typical for him. I'm thinking...maybe an assistant coach fixed him. Nope. The remainder looked very familiar from college. I was confident there was a big chance he would save his worst kick of the night for the game winning attempt, just like he did against Virginia with the Canes

* I ignore the offseason so I didn't realize Austin Jackson was at right tackle. He got bent backwards a lot. That will be a weekly sight. But he just has to be prepared for the ends and schemes that create space on that side. It will happen in several games minimum. Those will be the loopdedoo games not the Gumby games.

* Robert Hunt is an average player with a strange frame. I hope the late season hype from the penalty play didn't turn his projections into something he can never I've up to

* The opening series on offense was pure 49ers, including the inside looping running play to a receiver

* Skylar Thompson has no arm and should be evaluated as such. There is no reason to overhype certain guys based on early preseason, where the standout aspect is always so many marginal athletes and players comprising the back half of NFL rosters.

* Details don't mean much of anything. The only variable this year is whether Tua and the new toys can manufacture 24-27 points per game, including during the stymied games in which the situation and the energy always favor the opponent, and for the bulk of the day it's looking like the output is rightfully 13 not 27.

Skylar Thomas has no arm? I’m not sure about that. Sure he’s no Brett Farve but I wouldn’t go that far. He has enough arm talent for the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom