Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion

Lets be real, Teddy would be a contract dump so most likely, the compensation would be minimal, if not negative... Doesnt mean its not the move to make though... There are still some PS games to be played to see how this plays out, but Thompson as the backup might not be all that far fetched... imo

Definitely a roster dump. That’s why I’m trying to pair him with a WR in a trade so I can increase it just a bit.

I don’t know that I’m ready to do that yet though. I’d like to see 50 more snaps for the rook.

It’s interesting that we lead the game with Preston Williams and Lynn Bowden being targeted. Maybe it was a seniority thing since they’re the two longest tenured WRs. That’s crazy in itself.

Um.. I don't want to do anything to help out the 49ers. We own their First-round pick and I want them to suck rocks this year for obvious reasons!

Ya I thought about that possible angle as well but I wouldn’t be too concerned about it as I’m not that high onTeddy myself. But he’s an upgrade over JB for sure so that’s important. I like potential.

I honestly don’t think there is any market for Bridgewater anyway, as it stands now.

But id love to remove that salary.

Last edited:
Hopefully once all the starters on the OL line up and play, they will be much more effective than the cast of characters that played last night. They are going to have to run the ball much better than they did last night if they expect to make the playoffs this coming season.

The OL still seems to be a major issue and until they prove they aren’t, that group will continue to be the unit that can possibly hold this team back. Hopefully Armstead and Williams will make a big difference once they are in the lineup.

I am not a scout but I think Teddy can be someone’s back up who could win a few games. Did he not go about 5-1 subbing for Brees a year or two ago?
For an OL guy, I would trade him.
IMO, and just based on writings by folks, I would rather go with Sky as our backup than this existing OL.

Hopefully once all the starters on the OL line up and play, they will be much more effective than the cast of characters that played last night. They are going to have to run the ball much better than they did last night if they expect to make the playoffs this coming season.

The OL still seems to be a major issue and until they prove they aren’t, that group will continue to be the unit that can possibly hold this team back. Hopefully Armstead and Williams will make a big difference once they are in the lineup.
Fans seem to see this more emphatically than the FO. Not sure what that means.

I was disappointed in the run game. Plays were pretty generic. Working with the Bucs made this a true glorified practice without primary starters. Did not see anything to show McDaniel is some run game guru. The O line was meh. No gaps. They are not dictating at all. I like the level of competition, there weren't guys who looked out matched or really stood out between both teams. Penalties were low, the guys look happy, I hope McDaniels can fire them up when the sucesses start to add up and everybody buys in. They looked better than I thought they would with everything being new.

Fans seem to see this more emphatically than the FO. Not sure what that means.
The FO did go out and sign Armstead and Williams in free agency. So I do believe that they understood that the OL was a major issue. I also understand that preseason is used to give the backups and younger players a chance to show they belong in the league.

Unfortunately what a lot of the young offensive linemen showed last night is they are far from ready for prime time right now. Hopefully the coaches can review the game film and get better play out of these backups in future games.

Back
Top Bottom