Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion

Who was the big kid that kept blowing up the interior of their OL? Kept walking his guy back..

Gustin looked good.

I'm not sure they're going to be able to stash Thompson on the PS. For a rookie and preseason game #1 he looked good.
The big kid was #90 Ben Stille. He played very well. He showed a great bull rush.

Small sample size, but it looked like his route running has improved significantly.

It's hard to tell how good Bowden was considering he was playing against guys that likely won't be in the league.

But can't take anything away from him. He flashed and made plays.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing him take the KR/PR duties. Not because i think he's a threat to score. But the thought of Hill or Waddle back there makes my stomach turn.

He better not be rookie of the year. Hopefully he doesn’t see the field once regular season starts except maybe in mop up duty. But nice to see we have a developmental prospect.
I'd hate to see a Tua injury, but if ST came in and went on a tear, winning ROY, I'd be fine with that.

Eh, Tough game to watch especially with the Bucs media doing the announcing. I'll be much more jazzed for the next game as Tua should be in.
I actually enjoyed it more than most pre season "tilts". Maybe I was just in severe football withdrawal??

It's hard to tell how good Bowden was considering he was playing against guys that likely won't be in the league.

But can't take anything away from him. He flashed and made plays.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing him take the KR/PR duties. Not because i think he's a threat to score. But the thought of Hill or Waddle back there makes my stomach turn.
And being the main KR/PR, isn't such a bad thing. Sanders dropped a pass from Skylar late in the game, that could have been a long TD. I'd keep Bowden just to keep Hill and Waddle off special team. Bowden seems like a natural.

Yeah, I cautioned someone to not overreact and think Thompson should be ahead of Teddy because of the first preseason game, and then I praised the best QB in the draft hours later when I was drunk.
I mean, the two posts I quoted from you came 4 minutes apart. But I suppose that could seem like hours in that state of mind. Been there before

Hopefully once all the starters on the OL line up and play, they will be much more effective than the cast of characters that played last night. They are going to have to run the ball much better than they did last night if they expect to make the playoffs this coming season.

The OL still seems to be a major issue and until they prove they aren’t, that group will continue to be the unit that can possibly hold this team back. Hopefully Armstead and Williams will make a big difference once they are in the lineup.
Ppl point it out all the time. The only way for an Oline to congeal into an effective unit as a whole is time. Now at least there is some "real game" film to study and work with to eliminate/mitigate the mistake for the young guys. Every series they play has value from a coaching aspect.

Hill, Waddle, Wilson, EE, Sherfield, Bowden

Williams. Would love a trade.

Sanu….ugh, I like him, but maybe he gets caught in a numbers game

Cracraft, Sanders. PS

I still worry about the offensive line. No holes for the running backs to run through, and it looks like they were getting pushed back an awful lot.

On the positive side, Skyler and Bowden looked very good as well as the defensive tackle number 90.

I would be okay with Teddy being traded to the Jets.

Would prefer not seeing Stroud, Young, or Anderson Jr. on that team over the next decade.

Back
Top Bottom