Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion

I was disappointed in the run game. Plays were pretty generic. Working with the Bucs made this a true glorified practice without primary starters. Did not see anything to show McDaniel is some run game guru. The O line was meh. No gaps. They are not dictating at all. I like the level of competition, there weren't guys who looked out matched or really stood out between both teams. Penalties were low, the guys look happy, I hope McDaniels can fire them up when the sucesses start to add up and everybody buys in. They looked better than I thought they would with everything being new.

It's pre-season game 1, the plays are always going to be generic. I think your expectations were off.

How are you going to call out another poster for “overreacting to a scrub-filled preseason game” regarding Lynn Bowden playing against Tampa’s second team defense, and then immediately turn around and claim that Kenny Pickett will be a difference, after he put up a 7 yard per completion performance against Seattle’s 4th team defense?
Yeah, I cautioned someone to not overreact and think Thompson should be ahead of Teddy because of the first preseason game, and then I praised the best QB in the draft hours later when I was drunk.

I woke up with the Dolphins game on my TV. I remember someone saying in the gameday thread they wouldn't want to meet the TB kicker in a dark alley? Why? Because he has tattoos? He looks like a tiny South American dude to me.

I think it was a telling sign of how Miami feels about Skylar Thompson. When one of the announcers, mentioned how, McDaniel said, "He keeps forgetting Skylar is a rookie".

As for other players I noticed. Did anyone else notice how Miami used UDFA DLineman Ben Stille? They had him play 5 positions along the defensive line. He played NT, RDT, LDT and at both DE spots in the 3/4 alignment.

Porter Gustin played a versatile role as well, moving around at OLB and DE. Cameron Goode was very active, liked how he attacked the egde in the run game.

I think it was a telling sign of how Miami feels about Skylar Thompson. When one of the announcers, mentioned how, McDaniel said, "He keeps forgetting Skylar is a rookie".

As for other players I noticed. Did anyone else notice how Miami used UDFA DLineman Ben Stille? They had him play 5 positions along the defensive line. He played NT, RDT, LDT and at both DE spots in the 3/4 alignment.

Porter Gustin played a versatile role as well, moving around at OLB and DE. Cameron Goode was very active, liked how he attacked the egde in the run game.
If I remember correctly, someone also posted a tweet that Gustin may have gotten a finger on the missed FG at the end of the game.

Me to Brother. Kid is my favorite player on the team.
I was hoping (it looked like he was ready for prime time) he would be our #4, and see significant use this year. Maybe it isn't as bad as it seems......

I actually think Bowden is a legit receiver. I wish we had him last season. Then we would know for sure what he is. But he doesn’t drop passes and he helps his QB.
Small sample size, but it looked like his route running has improved significantly.

Who was the big kid that kept blowing up the interior of their OL? Kept walking his guy back..

Gustin looked good.

I'm not sure they're going to be able to stash Thompson on the PS. For a rookie and preseason game #1 he looked good.

I was hoping (it looked like he was ready for prime time) he would be our #4, and see significant use this year. Maybe it isn't as bad as it seems......
When he pounded the turf after the tackle, I figured it was bad. The kid can play. Love how aggressive he is in the run game.

Back
Top Bottom