Postgame Ravens Phins Thread | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Postgame Ravens Phins Thread

Stats are meaningless sometimes…Tua was awful in a critical game against Tennessee with the playoffs on the line last year!

Look, hopefully Tua found himself yesterday, I’m hoping to see more of it!
My god the irony of this post from the Herbert proponent. Herbert literally the king of meaningless stats.

Stats are meaningless sometimes…Tua was awful in a critical game against Tennessee with the playoffs on the line last year!

Look, hopefully Tua found himself yesterday, I’m hoping to see more of it!
That's one example.

An intelligent use of stats is when you have a perception about something (often due to over-emphasis on one example) so you look at the stats to see if you're perception is accurate. The stats show that, in fact, Tua is very good in those 4th quarter situations. Then a self aware analyst would realize that their perception is inaccurate.

Tua has played significant snaps in 23 games. In those games he has played poorly in 4 losses. Ten., Denver, and Buffalo x2. In his other 3 losses he played well. Jax., Atl., and Kansas City. Oh. And 16 wins. Why do people act like Tua is Daniel Jones bad stat wise, but they act like Daniel Jones is a promising prospect in real life?

It kills me when people do not make sense.

That's one example.

An intelligent use of stats is when you have a perception about something (often due to over-emphasis on one example) so you look at the stats to see if you're perception is accurate. The stats show that, in fact, Tua is very good in those 4th quarter situations. Then a self aware analyst would realize that their perception is inaccurate.
I didn’t imagine Tua failing against Tennessee….

You want to see less games than the 1 really bad game Tua had last year? So he can’t have 1? With a horrible cast around him? Last year?

Last week was a very good game also. Against the team giving the second fewest yards in the league at the moment. I guess some people will always need to find something to complain about.
No, I want to see the franchise QB we thought we drafted 5th overall…we saw it in the 4th quarter yesterday.

Now let’s hope it continues….

A couple observation from me.

I think Tua has the confidence now to take chances. I didn’t see him taking any chances the last couple of years. I believe some of that was because he did not have the trust of the coach or some of his players.

Some of the passes he threw today, like the last touchdown to Waddle, I don’t think he makes last year. Let the receiver come down with it type.

I think Hill has brought a lot of confidence to the rest of the players and Tua specifically by saying he was so accurate ever since he got here. And the head coach since the day he was flying in on the airplane and called Tua and coached him up. That has to make him feel great.

Also, I can’t believe how much negativity is on the Gameday thread. It’s unbelievable. I wonder why a few of these posters are even Miami dolphin fans. Unless of course they’re fake accounts.
I didn't and don't plan to read the GameDay thread. It means nothing now. If the Phins had fallen just short on the final drive or had to kick to tie the game, I would be just as impressed with the second half bounceback. But to complete the comeback and win outright....oh man! M2 was right about the team needing to face and overcome adversity and I foresee this win the way it happened paying dividends for a long time. Cautious about the date with the Bills but this gives me far more hope.

Back
Top Bottom