Potential Draft Day Steals | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Draft Day Steals

5th or later I’d take a flyer, as I said. Kid can fly but he’s not so polished.
Watching his highlights, they didn't target him deep that often. It was a lot of quick passes, to get the ball in his hands, and running plays where he made some big plays.

Either that, or there weren't many deep highlights.

Really diggin' Tutu Atwell, Kylin Hill, and Jabril Cox at the moment.

Currently at a 4rd draft looking like:

Chase
Barmore
Atwell
Cox
Elijah Molden
Hill
Cox could be a round two target for Miami. He covers well in the passing game.

You’re right..maybe they mean they’re guys that people here are “sleeping on” or not paying respect, not the experts or GM’s? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree it isn’t all QB play, some is his rawness or lack of polish. Some is QB play and some was Malzans system, which isn’t vertical at all. Speed guys are used to outflank not take the top off.

And why does anyone think a guy who can go in the top 100 is a sleeper? I feel like sports where the draft is as numerous as MLB or the NFL if you can go in the top 100 you arent sleeping on anyone. 5th round or later is a sleeper guy IMO. how does a guy drafted at 60 becoming an all pro surprise people?

NFL scouts got an eyeful of one of the nation's fastest draft prospects on Thursday in Schwartz (6-0, 186 pounds), who posted a blazing 4.26-second clocking in the 40-yard dash, per the school. Schwartz established himself as a world-class sprinter in high school with eye-popping 100-meter dash times in track, including a world youth record 10.15 seconds in 2017. If NFL clubs are looking for a vertical threat in Schwartz, however, he's more of a projection. As a receiver at Auburn, he was productive if not consistently explosive, making 117 career receptions, but with per-catch averages (10.7 in 2019, 11.8 in 2020) that were modest, given his speed. Struggles in Auburn's passing attack as a whole played a role in those results.

write up from nfl.com..not many yards per catch for all that speed..is it all chalked up to bad qb play? Doubtful

The funny part about peoples' fascination with Anthony Schwartz's world class speed is that you can have both. You can have a guy that fast AND one that is actually a good, instinctive, natural, perhaps even polished football player.

Miami just signed one. On a football field there's virtually no speed difference between Schwartz and Will Fuller. There's also virtually no speed difference between Schwartz and a number of gifted football players in this draft, including Jaylen Waddle, D'Wayne Eskridge, and Tutu Atwell.

The funny part about peoples' fascination with Anthony Schwartz's world class speed is that you can have both. You can have a guy that fast AND one that is actually a good, instinctive, natural, perhaps even polished football player.

Miami just signed one. On a football field there's virtually no speed difference between Schwartz and Will Fuller. There's also virtually no speed difference between Schwartz and a number of gifted football players in this draft, including Jaylen Waddle, D'Wayne Eskridge, and Tutu Atwell.
True.

Simi Fehoko WR, Stanford
Pre proday composite ranking 238, 7th round/UDFA

Height: 6'3″ (84th percentile)
Weight: 222 (91st)
Arm: 31 5/8 (41st)
Hand: 10 1/4 (96th)
Vertical: 35 (35th)
Broad: 120 (40th)
Bench: 16 reps (69th)
40-yard: 4.42 (78th)
Short shuttle: 4.23 (51st)
3-cone: 6.86 (66th)

He has large frame 222lb/75" = 2.96
But he is quick and fast with big mitts. Good explosion, 35" vert, 10' broad.
To me he is late second, third round value only due to very low receptions in college.
Major steal in seventh round or UDFA.

Last edited:
Jalen Camp, WR GTech
Projected UDFA

Height: 6'2″ (71st percentile)
Weight: 226 (95th)
Vertical: 40 (90th)
Broad jump: 127 (76th)
Bench: 30 reps (100, NFL combine record for WR is 27)
40-yard: 4.43 (74th)
Short shuttle: 4.16 (68th)
3-cone: 7.02 (37th)

Big tough receiver, with blazing speed and explosiveness and good quickness.
Low production at GT is the only reason he is not day 1 or 2. Major Steal.

Agree. The question then becomes how much of Schwartz's deficiencies can be corrected with good coaching?

Jabril Cox got a little forgotten about by most of us but he's going to go high and he deserves it.
So good in coverage. I'm just not sure about usage in Miami. Whose playing time does he take away, Baker?

But he's a player I really want, especially with NE attempting to duplicate their tight end success.

The three Day 3 picks I like should we not address the positions early in the draft are:

RB Jermar Jefferson- I think he is excellent with the football in his hands. Good playing speed and will make his cut and get chunks of yardage. Pretty good catching the football. Durability and pass protection are question marks. Also not a top end speed guy.

WR Sage Surratt- I think he'd fit well with Tua. Strong, good hands, great route runner, limited top gear. Very productive in college. This really good WR raft will push him further down draft boards than he normally would fall. I think he will be a solid NFL WR. An accurate QB with good timing makes him better IMHO.

TE Tony Polijan- I thought he looked good for UVA this year. For a guy his size, he moves fairly well. Just not well enough to be an elite receiving NFL TE. But he was a good blocker and as a former QB, has only played TE a couple of years. His ceiling is likely as a good 2nd TE, but unless we are grabbing Pitts or Brevin Jordan on Day 1 or 2, he is the only TE that would interest me on Day 3.

Think all these will be drafted lower than they really should have been:

Josh Imatorbhebhe (WR)
Jaret Patterson (RB)
Ihmir Smith-Marsette (WR)
Dyami Brown (WR)
Ellerson Smith (DE)
Malcolm Koonce (DE)
Robert Hainsey (OT)
Chazz Surratt (LB)
Grant Wallow (LB)
KJ Britt (LB)
Shaun Wade (S)
Keith Taylor (CB)
Marco Wilson (CB)
Osa Odighizua (DT) - Spelled this wrong I'm sure :)

Think all these will be drafted lower than they really should have been:

Josh Imatorbhebhe (WR)
Jaret Patterson (RB)
Ihmir Smith-Marsette (WR)
Dyami Brown (WR)
Ellerson Smith (DE)
Malcolm Koonce (DE)
Robert Hainsey (OT)
Chazz Surratt (LB)
Grant Wallow (LB)
KJ Britt (LB)
Shaun Wade (S)
Keith Taylor (CB)
Marco Wilson (CB)
Osa Odighizua (DT) - Spelled this wrong I'm sure :)
Really good list. I've seen some Imatorbhebhe highlights and he looks really physical. His vertical jump was unreal, which had me searching.

Sample is another that I would add. I think he has some position flexibility, which is big for Flores.

Back
Top Bottom