Potential Qb Next Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Qb Next Year

You're talking a potential top 5 qb in the league

Potential is for rookies. Wentz is entering his fourth year this offseason and right now looks like a bust. He's got one prove-it year left, and the Eagles will given him the final chance in 2019.

Potential is for rookies. Wentz is entering his fourth year this offseason and right now looks like a bust. He's got one prove-it year left, and the Eagles will given him the final chance in 2019.

Wentz has looked extremely good since his sophomore season. He struggled as a rookie and then from there on out he's been really dang good. He just keeps getting hurt. He's definitely not a bust.

It's my understanding that even with Nick Foles being more durable and playing well in relief, the Eagles are still going to roll with Wentz. Because Wentz is just a better quarterback.

If Foles helps them win another Superbowl this year, it is highly likely with the money that he's due, they get a first for Wentz and roll with Foles, and eventually draft another quarterback to develop, maybe even one with that first round pick they get.
They would be fools to trade a first for Wentz

Wentz has looked extremely good since his sophomore season. He struggled as a rookie and then from there on out he's been really dang good. He just keeps getting hurt. He's definitely not a bust.

It's my understanding that even with Nick Foles being more durable and playing well in relief, the Eagles are still going to roll with Wentz. Because Wentz is just a better quarterback.
It will be interesting to see if the injuries to Wentz are magnified when Foles moves on.

Quarterbacks next season will be Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick.
Easton Stick is very intriguing. I’d spend a second on him but I’m not sure he’ll be there. The underwear olympics will turn a lot of people on to him.

Easton Stick is very intriguing. I’d spend a second on him but I’m not sure he’ll be there. The underwear olympics will turn a lot of people on to him.

I think he could go in the first round, because people will project Carson Wentz onto him.

I want nothing to do with any trading for an Eagles QB. Lesson learned from the past. I am all about sacrificing the season for the long term but Kyler Murray and Easton Stick would be more than okay with me. If they bring in a youngster let it be one of them.

Undoubtedly. In the same manner teams are looking for the next Sean McVay.

LaFleur, Kingsbury, Zac Taylor. Unbelievable.

Now the only thing left to find out is if the Bengals will try to sell Zac Taylor to the fans the same way that Green Bay and Arizona tried to sell their hires by repeatedly referencing their new coaches' relationships with Sean McVay.

I'm sure they will.

The only reason its "potential top 5" and not guaranteed is because of injury concerns. Calling him a bust is a bit drastic

We all know he is talented. But, he was 5-6 this year, 7-9 in rookie year. Two seasons in a row could not finish the season. They have Fletcher Cox, Kelce, Jeffries, they got guys they are paying to WIN. They can't play with this guy Wentz for 3 years in a row! They can't win with him!
He's got 2019. Let's see what he can do. Talent is one thing, but he must perform. It's not good enough to just have talent!

If Jim Caldwell is indeed hired as our OC the starting QB next year will be Joe Flacco. Caldwell coached Flacco in Baltimore as 3 yards per carry pointed out.

If Jim Caldwell is indeed hired as our OC the starting QB next year will be Joe Flacco. Caldwell coached Flacco in Baltimore as 3 yards per carry pointed out.
Don’t think so. Ross laid it out that he doesn't want older free agents. Would love Caldwell but I suspect you’ll see a youngster taking snaps.

Back
Top Bottom