Power Rankings; 30th!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Power Rankings; 30th!!!

The QB the Bills had to “get them” to the playoffs is gone. McCarron is an unknown as is whatever rookie they acquire.

Bridgewater is in the same boat as Tannehill. Never proven anything and is coming off an injury. The Jets also have no RBs or skill players.

All 3 should be towards the bottom of these rankings.
You're not really telling me much. A lot of Bills fans would agree with my thinking, they are a better team w/o Taylor. QBwinz does not apply here, the Bills have a solid team. I think Bridgewater could be a comeback player of the year candidate, likewise for #17. Jets should be at the bottom but not the Bills.

Agreed, but Tanney will have some rust and the OL will need time. The first 4-5 games may not be pretty

True he will most likely be dealing with some rust. The offensive line will take time to gel but at least the starting center will be able to practice. That will make them a much better unit in the long run.

The Bills are a good example of a team who purged there roster of what appeared to be better talent last season. They ended up being a better team and made the playoffs. You never know how things are going to work out. Games aren't won on paper.

The Bills are a good example of a team who purged there roster of what appeared to be better talent last season. They ended up being a better team and made the playoffs. You never know how things are going to work out. Games aren't won on paper.
Or March.

Power rankings are as worthless as mock drafts. Their fun to look at but basically worthless in the end. They are an opinion piece.

EVERYTHING is an "opinion" piece before the real games start! But hey -- most folks also realize a consensus opinion is fairly reliable -- like those that predicted we'd suck last year and lo and behold we sucked! Ranked 30 out of 32 is hard to ignore...

EVERYTHING is an "opinion" piece before the real games start! But hey -- most folks also realize a consensus opinion is fairly reliable -- like those that predicted we'd suck last year and lo and behold we sucked! Ranked 30 out of 32 is hard to ignore...

I like how they think we need to be reminded that it's an opinion peace. Like, no ****?! Really?

Wonder how many here predicted the Super Bowl winner correctly back in March 2017. I am going to guess not many if any. Even the great geniuses at NFL.com had the Eagles ranked 19th in their March 2017 rankings. Consensus opinion at this time of year isn't reliable at all IMO.

Wonder how many here predicted the Super Bowl winner correctly back in March 2017. I am going to guess not many if any. Even the great geniuses at NFL.com had the Eagles ranked 19th in their March 2017 rankings. Consensus opinion at this time of year isn't reliable at all IMO.

So in your OPINION where would you place my yammie among the 32 years? Top half? Bottom half? Top 10? Bottom 10?

So in your OPINION where would you place my yammie among the 32 years? Top half? Bottom half? Top 10? Bottom 10?

Right now I wouldn't waste my time trying to rank the teams. I would at least wait until after the draft. Better yet wait until September. There are surprise teams every year. 3 of the 4 teams in the conference Championship games this past year didn't even make the playoffs the year before.

Right now I wouldn't waste my time trying to rank the teams. I would at least wait until after the draft. Better yet wait until September. There are surprise teams every year. 3 of the 4 teams in the conference Championship games this past year didn't even make the playoffs the year before.

You answer the question like a politician! LOL

I mean how much time could it possibly take to formulate a quick reference opinion?

I'll say this -- IMO they team is definitely bottom half -- based on purging Suh and Landry (whatever else, 2 of the best players we had) and signing a bunch of 30+ basck-siders our brilliant FO is hoping defy odds and play for most of the season...

I don't know -- but there seems to be something about the "formula" we use (year after year) that consistently produces less than ideal results (and that's being kind).

My opinion. Of course.

RE formula = cut & paste -- scratch & sniff!

You answer the question like a politician! LOL

I mean how much time could it possibly take to formulate a quick reference opinion?

I'll say this -- IMO they team is definitely bottom half -- based on purging Suh and Landry (whatever else, 2 of the best players we had) and signing a bunch of 30+ basck-siders our brilliant FO is hoping defy odds and play for most of the season...

I don't know -- but there seems to be something about the "formula" we use (year after year) that consistently produces less than ideal results (and that's being kind).

My opinion. Of course.

RE formula = cut & paste -- scratch & sniff!

My thoughts on the moves so far is.

They upgraded on the O-line. Sitton is head and shoulders better than any OG that was on the team in 2017. Kilgore is at worst is a push when compared to Pouncey. Both were below average in 2017. Kilgore was a better run blocker while Pouncey was better in pass blocking. Kilgore however was able to practice before games in 2017 while Pouncey was held out of most practices. Having your starting Center practice with the rest of the offensive line is extremely important for the cohesiveness of the unit.

At WR they added more speed. Wilson hasn't had Landry's production but he is much faster than Landry with more big play ability. He is also much cheaper. The offense needs to do a better job of spreading the ball around in 2018. Amendola was a somewhat questionable signing. However he does add a lot of experience and leadership to what is still a young WR corps.

At QB they upgraded as long as Tannehill's knee holds up. Jay Cutler was awful in 2017 so Tannehill will have to completely bomb to be worse than Cutler was.

At DE the Dolphins added much better depth when they traded for Robert Quinn. Despite playing out of position in 2017 he still had 8.5 sacks. The Dolphins pass rush in 2017 was terrible. I think adding Quinn into the rotation will help.

At DT they lost Suh who was their best player on defense. The will have a tough time filling his shoes.

Overall I think the team has improved on offense and is slightly worse on defense. This is just looking at things on paper. No way in knowing how these guys will play together. We will see if they add anyone else through free agency and/or trade. Also have to see who they add through the draft.

If I were to make an early prediction. I believe the team will have a better record in 2018. With a shot at making the playoffs.

My thoughts on the moves so far is.

They upgraded on the O-line. Sitton is head and shoulders better than any OG that was on the team in 2017. Kilgore is at worst is a push when compared to Pouncey. Both were below average in 2017. Kilgore was a better run blocker while Pouncey was better in pass blocking. Kilgore however was able to practice before games in 2017 while Pouncey was held out of most practices. Having your starting Center practice with the rest of the offensive line is extremely important for the cohesiveness of the unit.

At WR they added more speed. Wilson hasn't had Landry's production but he is much faster than Landry with more big play ability. He is also much cheaper. The offense needs to do a better job of spreading the ball around in 2018. Amendola was a somewhat questionable signing. However he does add a lot of experience and leadership to what is still a young WR corps.

At QB they upgraded as long as Tannehill's knee holds up. Jay Cutler was awful in 2017 so Tannehill will have to completely bomb to be worse than Cutler was.

At DE the Dolphins added much better depth when they traded for Robert Quinn. Despite playing out of position in 2017 he still had 8.5 sacks. The Dolphins pass rush in 2017 was terrible. I think adding Quinn into the rotation will help.

At DT they lost Suh who was their best player on defense. The will have a tough time filling his shoes.

Overall I think the team has improved on offense and is slightly worse on defense. This is just looking at things on paper. No way in knowing how these guys will play together. We will see if they add anyone else through free agency and/or trade. Also have to see who they add through the draft.

If I were to make an early prediction. I believe the team will have a better record in 2018. With a shot at making the playoffs.

While Sh is gone,,,,,ot of young guys have a year's experience,,,,, which should improve play and reduce missed assignments, plus, no one knows how McMillan will play, nor does anyone know who will be the pick at #11. BEST anyone can say about the D is 'undetermined.'

While Sh is gone,,,,,ot of young guys have a year's experience,,,,, which should improve play and reduce missed assignments, plus, no one knows how McMillan will play, nor does anyone know who will be the pick at #11. BEST anyone can say about the D is 'undetermined.'

True, Suh is a huge loss IMO but Quinn is a plus. You are right we have no idea how McMillian is going to play. If he lives up to expectations it will strengthen what was a weakness last season. Still have no idea if they are going to sign a veteran DT. Hankins is still out there. He could definitely help the run defense. The draft could add another starter or two, we have no idea yet. Which is why predictions made this time of year should be taken with a grain of salt.

They upgraded on the O-line. Sitton is head and shoulders better than any OG that was on the team in 2017. As long as he's OK @32 -- 100% agree.

Kilgore is at worst is a push when compared to Pouncey. Both were below average in 2017. Kilgore was a better run blocker while Pouncey was better in pass blocking. Kilgore however was able to practice before games in 2017 while Pouncey was held out of most practices. Having your starting Center practice with the rest of the offensive line is extremely important for the cohesiveness of the unit. Also 100% agree. I'm hoping (2 finners crossed) Kilgore is an across-the-board upgrade -- and it would seem we have some depth at the position - albeit no big time player. Really good OLs require really good C IMO. We're NOT there yet...

At WR they added more speed. Wilson hasn't had Landry's production but he is much faster than Landry with more big play ability. He is also much cheaper. The offense needs to do a better job of spreading the ball around in 2018. Amendola was a somewhat questionable signing. However he does add a lot of experience and leadership to what is still a young WR corps. I think Landry is the type of PLAYER you don't replace and (not debating the $$$) I think we screwed the pooch in the way the entire situation was handled -- going all the way back to well over a year ago. If Gase can't find a way to work productively with a kid like Landry -- well, I have very serious doubts about his managerial and/or people skills...

At QB they upgraded as long as Tannehill's knee holds up. Jay Cutler was awful in 2017 so Tannehill will have to completely bomb to be worse than Cutler was. Agree. Odds are Thill's knee is fine -- we hope! IMO Gase could have been justifiably FIRED for the Cutler fiasco.

At DE the Dolphins added much better depth when they traded for Robert Quinn. Despite playing out of position in 2017 he still had 8.5 sacks. The Dolphins pass rush in 2017 was terrible. I think adding Quinn into the rotation will help. -- Agree. Tho I don't like our repeated roll of the dice with serious injuries... We lost a 4th (which certainly is no guarantee of a player given TBum et al) so we hope...

At DT they lost Suh who was their best player on defense. The will have a tough time filling his shoes. -- Obviously AIN'T happening! Exposes our LBs all the more. Letting Suh go was effectively a desperation cap move -- necessitated by TBum's preexisting incompetent condition!

Overall I think the team has improved on offense and is slightly worse on defense. This is just looking at things on paper. -- sounds like a "push" to me = don't expect much yet...

With a shot at making the playoffs. = LOL! Stop the insanity!!! "playoffs" ...you're an obvious my yammie homer!

BNF

Back
Top Bottom