Power Rankings; 30th!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Power Rankings; 30th!!!

With a shot at making the playoffs. = LOL! Stop the insanity!!! "playoffs" ...you're an obvious my yammie homer!

BNF

Other than maybe the Patriots there is no dominant team in the AFC. So being one of the top 6 teams shouldn't be all that daunting a task. Improve a couple more positions on Defense, plus add a TE and the Dolphins could be much better in 2018. We will see. Lets agree to disagree. Mark this thread down then come back to it in January.

Other than maybe the Patriots there is no dominant team in the AFC. So being one of the top 6 teams shouldn't be all that daunting a task. Improve a couple more positions on Defense, plus add a TE and the Dolphins could be much better in 2018. We will see. Lets agree to disagree. Mark this thread down then come back to it in January.

Are we "opinion" wagering???? If so -- I'm all in if you believe this is a playoff team 2018! I'm putting 10-thousand "opinion $hit coins" (roughly 5dollar close of 2day) that my yammie dolphins do not make playoffs this upcoming season. In fact I seriously doubt the do any better than 500. Maybe 9-7 tops. Is 9-7 a legit playoff team??? Best absolute case another 1st round as$ kicking

Are we "opinion" wagering???? If so -- I'm all in if you believe this is a playoff team 2018! I'm putting 10-thousand "opinion $hit coins" (roughly 5dollar close of 2day) that my yammie dolphins do not make playoffs this upcoming season. In fact I seriously doubt the do any better than 500. Maybe 9-7 tops. Is 9-7 a legit playoff team??? Best absolute case another 1st round as$ kicking

Sure I will take that bet. I say worst case 9-7 first round playoff exit.

Better then being in the top 12 only to be faced with that extremely disappointing reality check 4 weeks into the season. I'm glad if any of the players actually care about that stuff it puts a chip on their shoulder. I doubt it though.

You're not really telling me much. A lot of Bills fans would agree with my thinking, they are a better team w/o Taylor. QBwinz does not apply here, the Bills have a solid team. I think Bridgewater could be a comeback player of the year candidate, likewise for #17. Jets should be at the bottom but not the Bills.

How would they know they’re better without Taylor?

We will be better than last year just by having Tannehill back and getting a bye week. People forget how much losing the bye week affected this team. I am guessing a 10-6 season.

Might want to provide a link so people can reference what you're talking about.

And, who gives a **** what some random person thinks who doesn't watch but the equivalent of 1.5 Dolphins games a year? I don't.

Are you implying if they watched they would see some hidden gems and see how good we really are lol

Hey they are just saying you just ejected your 3 studs this year and replaced them with no name players. Can't blame them. Now its all about Gase he has his players he wants no excuses for Gase as he put himself on the hot seat he has to coach this year. If we finish 30th Gase needs to go.

Just as always, the team won't be as bad as some people think it will be and not as good as some fans think they will be. There's a lot of middle ground between being a bad team and a championship contending team and as usual Miami will fall somewhere in that middle gound. It the team stays relatively healthy and can cut down on the mistakes they could be in the playoff hun come mid-December. Hell heading into the final 4 games the team was in the mix with a ton of mistakes and Cutler at the helm.

Last edited:
Are you implying if they watched they would see some hidden gems and see how good we really are lol

I'm saying not a lot of people realize we have a decent pool of young talent on the team.

Some of the major mock draft sites had Miami taking a cornerback in the first round. So they haven't been paying attention to that position to see the talent there.

They still call Mike Pouncey a pro bowl center.

They crucify Miami for the Ajayi trade despite the betterment of the offense with Drake as the primary back.

They push a narrative that Tannehill has the risk of losing his job.

They've upgraded at DE adding Quinn. They've added more speed and smarts at WR with Wilson and Amendola. They've gotten better and tougher on the offensive line adding Sitton and Kilgore (a guy that can actually practice while not getting overpaid). They did lose a very good DT in Suh. Overall the team has improved this offseason whether the chicken little debbie downers like it or not.

I've read that same statement with that dumb "chicken little" "debbie downer" nonsense (went for the double dumb insult in this one) every year for 16 years. We've made the playoffs (and gotten our asses kicked in them) 12.5% of the time during that period. But sure, insult those who are skeptical. 12.5% of the time you're right every time.

I've read that same statement with that dumb "chicken little" "debbie downer" nonsense (went for the double dumb insult in this one) every year for 16 years. We've made the playoffs (and gotten our asses kicked in them) 12.5% of the time during that period. But sure, insult those who are skeptical. 12.5% of the time you're right every time.

Sure it's great to expect the worst every year. With this team if you have always expected the worst then you would never be disappointed. The team hasn't been successful in a long time so people are definitely going to have low expectations. However taking it to the extreme of only fixating on all the negative moves while ignoring any potential positives is just being pessimistic.

Teams turn their fortunes around all the time. The Patriots were once one of the worst teams in the league. The Saints were once known as the Aints. The Seahawks were the doormat of the AFC West and then NFC West for quite a few years. The Bills hadn't made the playoffs for over a decade before making it last season. Many people were laughing at Doug Pederson and the Eagles before last season. Look at the Dolphins in 2016, they were heading in the right direction before losing their starting QB. He missed the season in 2017 giving all those who enjoy the negative vibe of the Dolphins losing something to cheer about again.

Being realistic is one thing. Being negative and not being able to admit to anything potentially positive gets a little tiresome.

There are only two things that change media power rankings:
1. Winning
2. Big Market Clicks

These things are in no way related to actual winning ability of teams. They are 100% correlated with the media's ability to generate clicks. That cannot happen if all the popular teams are near the middle and bottom. They need controversy and a scape goat. For every Dallas Cowboys and Los Angeles Chargers they prop up they need a Miami Dolphins and Oakland Raiders to push down ... because those teams don't generate many clicks compared to the big markets. The Jets, Giants, Chargers and Rams will always be overrated, because they New York and Los Angeles major media markets. For a Minnesota or Cleveland to be ranked high, they need to actually be top teams, and even then they'll be pushed down a bit.

Because the purpose of those power rankings are to generate revenue for the advertising ... and for that they need lots and lots of eyeballs. Miami, coming off a bad season and purging of all of our star power, isn't likely to generate many clicks ... thus down the list they go!

I'm a fan of the University of Virginia. Trust me, I know how it is to NOT be the media darlings. Right up there with the New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys are the Duke Blue Devils and North Carolina Tarheels. So when UVa went down to Duke and beat Duke in Cameron Indoor Stadium, with Virginia the clearcut leader of the ACC mens basketball rankings and a higher rated team in every poll, immediately after the game, what does BSPN post to their twitter account? A tweet about how Duke freshman Marvin Bagley is "Unstoppable" and "does it again" ... because he had a big stat game ... no story about the loss, no tweet about UVa's big win, nothing ... just more Duke propaganda.

So yeah, the Miami Dolphins will continue to be disrespected until they at least have 2 consecutive playoff seasons. Just accept it. If the Jets are even close to us in talent they will always be higher ranked in those "power rankings" which are more accurately described as "click indexes."

Just the way it is.

Pretty much in line with what Vegas thinks.

Miami is 100-1 to win the Super Bowl along with the Bills, Jets, Browns, Bears and Bengals. No other teams have higher odds. Bottom of the list.
All of which are higher ranked than the Dolphins in this "power ranking". Typical.

Back
Top Bottom