Power Rankings; 30th!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Power Rankings; 30th!!!

And a 16 seed knocked off a number 1 in the NCAA's for the first time ever. Don't believe the hype!!!!!!
In that South region only one of the top 6 seeds could win 2 games ... the #5 seeded Kentucky Wildcats. The entire region was topsy turvey ... lower seeds winning everywhere.

The rankings are meaningless but any one thinking this team is gonna be in the playoffs is a fool. We will win enough games to pick somewhere in the middle of the first round like we usually do.

For the last 10yrs, I have been reading the same thing. The papers write how bad we are and the fans bemoan them. Then the season starts and reality sets in and nothing changes, the team is the same dumpster fire it was the year before.

Nfl.com's preseason rankings as of August 2017:

18) Vikings
20) Eagles
26) Jaguars
27) Rams

The "experts" don't know **** about **** half the time. It's a team game, and how well a team executes a game plan goes far and above individual performance.

I have no idea how the Dolphins are going to do in 2018, but it sure as hell looks like Gase is trying to mold the team and staff to be able to better execute his plan. We'll see how he does.

The Bills are a good example of a team who purged there roster of what appeared to be better talent last season. They ended up being a better team and made the playoffs. You never know how things are going to work out. Games aren't won on paper.
with player bills had last yr. I don't think they had plan on make playoff last yr. I think tyrod want make playoff. to proved point to their front office. he was starting qb. because they really didn't try help taylor out.

Let the media make fools of themselves. Again.

On the other hand, other than 2016 we really haven’t given them reason to suspect otherwise since the 90s.

Sure I will take that bet. I say worst case 9-7 first round playoff exit.

Considering 12 of 32 (37.50%) teams make the playoffs you obviously believe my yammie is a top half of the NFL team plus (+) a few ticks.

As a certified homer you have every fanatical right to believe that -- along with unicorns easter bunnies and assorted wax fruit succulence.

Me = not buying season ticket sales propaganda from Ross this season, or any other unless and until my yammie significantly proves it consistently on the field!

Ross is a suck owner (in terms of producing a winning team). The RECORD clearly proves that.

Things like that (historically) don't change.

So it looks like NFL.COM do not think too highly of our free agency moves but hey, screw them!

Obviously it's almost impossible to predict how teams will fare in '18, and every season the league springs a couple of surprise teams, but I guess these rankings are for current rosters.

So, where would you rank our squad as it stands today?

We have been one of the top teams in FA the last few years, and where did that get us...well, so what if this year it's more on the smart side, then sexy.

There are so many "ifs" with the 2018 Fins... You're going to see rankings pile on the side of caution and rank us at the bottom... TBH, having alot of "ifs" rarely ends well...But hey! gotta play the games and see where that takes em...

Exactly, Miami pickup in the off-season two quality linemen (while they lost a center that was on the decline, and often injured).

Miami Picked up one of the best pass-rushing DE in the NFL (While losing one of the best pass-rushing DT, that though still great, not as good a pass-rushing any more).

Miami lost one of the best receivers in the NFL who made some dump penalties, but with what it would have cost to keep him, picked up two smarter Receivers that will not get penalties, but they will probably combine to have more receptions, yards, and definitely more TDs

We lost a solid backup RB, and got a former star RB that is still averaging as much or more then who we lost, and is a more consistent back on 3rd down and short yardage.

We need to wait and see, not take these opinions that seriously.

Back
Top Bottom