Power rankings | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Power rankings

nick19991 said:
I agree that the Ravens are ranked too high and the Dolphins are ranked too low :shakeno:
now you agree w/ me? No. I take it back, the fins should be ranked where they're at. :mad:

Ravens/Eagles Super Bowl.

The Ravens are not ranked too high.

finsnchips said:
Ravens/Eagles Super Bowl.

The Ravens are not ranked too high.

I don't know about the Ravens, it all depends what Fassel can do with Boller and the offense.

My early superbowl pick would be.

Colts vs Falcons with a close second to Chargers vs Vikings.

But it's early.

I think the TO thing may just tear apart the Eagles this year.

Justasportsfan said:
now you agree w/ me? No. I take it back, the fins should be ranked where they're at. :mad:

what? :confused: What makes the Fins the #30 ranked team? or are you just agruing for the sake of it?... I think the Ravens will be improved with added weapons (Clayton and Mason) on Offense which was their area of need. They barely missed the playoffs last year and I think the improvements they made will turn them into a playoff team. I wouldn't rank them as high as #4 though. the Pats, Steelers, Eagle and Colts are some of the teams still better then them

I'll tell you what, the polls don't mean anything......but the Patriots will fall this year, you don't lose both coordinators and not feel it.

I expect them to have a year like they did after their first championship, they will miss the playoffs.

There's no way we're #30. I think the Titans for one are going to be in the bottom 3... and really there are so many teams I think we're better than, but I think a rank of 14-16 is probably accurate... ahead of the Bills and Jets of course :D

This is actually the BEST thing we could have hoped for....

This is exactly how we want the other teams to veiw us, at the bottom. There's nothing sweeter than being the underdog, and proving the critics wrong....

Besides, this article was written by Pete Pricko, a closet Jets fan who constantly bashes Miami. He even thought our draft was overrated. The guy is scared to death of us, and this is his way of dealing with his fear....

PHINZ RULE!!!

A team that went 4-12 last year. Has a rookie head coach, a new system to learn on both sides of the ball, and an aging Defense and questions at O-line. What do you expect. I believe we will be better, maybe 6-8 wins could be realistic and anything above that we should all be happy with next year. Give it time.

You have to earn the respect on the field. We sucked last year. We've taken the neccassary steps to improve, but it needs to be played out on the field. We're not getting respect from the media- nor should we- until we show it's warranted on the field. The people that are surprised or pissed about where we're ranked really need a wake-up call. The media doesn't hate us. The media isn't biased against us. It's like this with all teams that win 4 games. Since we rarely win less than 10, I know this takes some getting used to. But try not to sound like such homers please. Respect is EARNED on the field of play. Not given because of some off-season moves.

How are the Titans so high IMO only SF will finish ahead of them in the race for the #1 pick

finnyboy002 said:
There's no way we're #30. I think the Titans for one are going to be in the bottom 3... and really there are so many teams I think we're better than, but I think a rank of 14-16 is probably accurate... ahead of the Bills and Jets of course :D

How can you honestly say we should be ranked 14-16. WE WERE 4-12 LAST YEAR.
Some of you guys are to much. Lets see. New coach. New system. Possibly a new QB, or a QB with half a year of starters experience. A team that was second last in the NFL last season.
And after all of that you STILL want the "respect" form people around the league.
Respect is NOT just handed out. Respect is earned. And so far this Miami Dolphins team has done nothing to be given respect.
We are ranked 30th, because as of right now that is where we belong.
You can't just say, "Oh, well I think we will be better than this team and that team." That's not the way it works. The only team we were better than last year was San Fran. And MAYBE Cleveland. (Although we BARELY beat them at home in primetime).
Everyone just needs to relax and wait until the season starts and hopefully by mid-season or so we will be able to laugh at these power rankings.
But as of today, May 4, 2005, we are ranked pretty close to where we belong.
Does it suck? Yes. But is it accurate? Yes.

There'll be a few major injuries in TC this year which will affect these so called "Power" rankings. Just a bunch of people's opinions on how they rank the NFL teams. Who cares

Until the status of Chester/Bowens is more certain, I would leave us right where we are. Once it's obvious that Chester or Bowens is back, I would bump us up a bit.

nick19991 said:
they think Losman might be the next Ben Roethlisberger :lol:

Which is another reason to throw away every opinion of these rankings, except for that it's crap. No one thought the Steelers would do anything. These predictions mean nothing.

It's not going to take 3 years for Saban to turn us around! It might only take one more offseason. I think we've improved way more than some people are wiling to give us credit for. Just my opinion though....

Back
Top Bottom