Power rankings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Power rankings

This is useless. You can tell from the start based on what he wrote about New England:

"The champs have actually improved in the offseason, adding key veterans like David Terrell and Duane Starks. Taking them down won't be easy."

If you didn't think Prisco was a moron before, you certainly should now. He thinks the Patriots improved when they lost Ty Law - this you can argue was unnecessary, since Law didn't really play last year. They also lost David Patten and Troy Brown, who had significant value to them. They lost Joe Andruzzi, a key member of their OL. They drafted nobody of real value. (I did enjoy the video of their first-round pick, the lineman, holding most everybody on every play. He'll fit right in.) Tedy Bruschi's incident - very unfortunate as it is - is swept under the carpet.

What did they do to compensate? They signed David Terrell, Duane Starks, Monty Beisel, and Chad Scott. Of those four, Starks is the only player worth anything. David Terrell is a colossal failure. Chad Scott was (and still is by any measure) a Steelers throwaway - from a secondary that currently features DeShea Townsend and Willie Williams. Monty Beisel is a castoff from probably the weakest linebacking core in the league.

Yep, they improved.

If that's not enough, look at the rest of the rankings. Indianapolis is #2 because drafting one defensive back will apparently improve their defense. Apparently he fails to realize that they have drafted hyped defensive backs for the past few years and none of them have helped. Philadelphia is at #3, completely ignoring the cancerous personality of Owens and now Westbrook's holding out.

The Ravens are at #4. "If Kyle Boller can develop...." Good acquisitions with Mason and Clayton, yes, but this team isn't going far past .500. Their defense will not be the same. Still very good, but putting them #4 basically means they will be contenders for the AFC title, which is a far cry. Then there's Jacksonville at 7, New Orleans at 12, and Oakland at 13.

Smart guy, this Prisco is.

LtDan662002 said:
We are definitely not getting any respect for the upcoming season. Oh well!
Respect is earned. I'd rather not have these media writers on our jock anyway. Remember they hyped up the lions last year, because of their offseason moves, and they were terrible(4 par). The Redskins were hyped year after year because of their offseason moves, and they socked too. Yo, its May 4th, fast forward a few months, and holler at me when were 4-0 going to Tampa Bay on October 16th, then see what everyone has to say.

flintsilver7 said:
If that's not enough, look at the rest of the rankings. Indianapolis is #2 because drafting one defensive back will apparently improve their defense. Apparently he fails to realize that they have drafted hyped defensive backs for the past few years and none of them have helped. Philadelphia is at #3, completely ignoring the cancerous personality of Owens and now Westbrook's holding out.

The Ravens are at #4. "If Kyle Boller can develop...." Good acquisitions with Mason and Clayton, yes, but this team isn't going far past .500. Their defense will not be the same. Still very good, but putting them #4 basically means they will be contenders for the AFC title, which is a far cry. Then there's Jacksonville at 7, New Orleans at 12, and Oakland at 13.

Smart guy, this Prisco is.
I've got the Ravens going to the Super Bowl, so i'll disagree with the .500 comment.

feelthepain said:
AJ is proven!!! He took a Philedelphia team that just lost their Superstar QB and lead them to a 5-1 record giving the Eagles homefield avg. throughout the playoffs. What more do you want?
He was mediocre at best playing teams that didn't make playoffs that year. When they finally played a playoff team, they lost. Check the facts. He finally comes to a team that sucked and he wasn't even mediocre. How does that make him proven?
feelthepain said:
He comes to a team that has been deflated from Ricky quiting and the bad spring, and the poor coaching. All of that plus a HC thats mad as hell his power has been taken away and you have a recipe for destruction. AJ was never in a position to make a statement.

I don't know wht the future holds for AJ but I do know the past was not enough to judge him alone. Lets see wht one of the brightest young minds in the game can do with this O before we declare AJ incompetent.
I agree, this year will make or break him but he's still unproven.
feelthepain said:
Buff on the other hand is not in good shape at this point. They suffer a similar problem to what we hade for the last five years just on a different level. Their GM will help us enjoy their demise. He's an idiot and will make them less then they want to be. All the better to listen to them face their own defeat and have nothing to bring to the table.....bye bye billy goats, I hope you lose alot next year.
How did he do last year? Did you enjoy our demise when we beat your team twice? :D

I think the Pats will lose a step or two this year. They'll still be decent, but changing the coordinators will hurt.

flintsilver7 said:
This is useless. You can tell from the start based on what he wrote about New England:

"The champs have actually improved in the offseason, adding key veterans like David Terrell and Duane Starks. Taking them down won't be easy."

If you didn't think Prisco was a moron before, you certainly should now. He thinks the Patriots improved when they lost Ty Law - this you can argue was unnecessary, since Law didn't really play last year. They also lost David Patten and Troy Brown, who had significant value to them. They lost Joe Andruzzi, a key member of their OL. They drafted nobody of real value. (I did enjoy the video of their first-round pick, the lineman, holding most everybody on every play. He'll fit right in.) Tedy Bruschi's incident - very unfortunate as it is - is swept under the carpet.

What did they do to compensate? They signed David Terrell, Duane Starks, Monty Beisel, and Chad Scott. Of those four, Starks is the only player worth anything. David Terrell is a colossal failure. Chad Scott was (and still is by any measure) a Steelers throwaway - from a secondary that currently feature DeShea Townsend and Willie Williams. Monty Beisel is a castoff from probably the weakest linebacking core in the league.

Yep, they improved.

Yeah and you forgot to add to that they have no offensive coordinator and they lost Weiss and Crennell. 2 Head coaches no longer with the team. If Saban's coaching is going to help our team get better than the Pats are sure to go down some with the loss of those 2 guys.

One good year doesn't make Ben the next Dan. (Gives Steelers fans some hope though)

Only time will tell with him.

SCall13 said:
What a bunch of BS. We are definetly better than plenty of teams they had ahead of us. To name just a few: WAshington, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, the RAms, Cardinals, and Giants. Miami is going to shock alot of these "experts" and climb those power rankings.

Maybe, maybe not! We sucked last year!. Sure the team looks to have made many improvements, but until we when those games, in everyones minds we still suck! SCREW the power ratings - Win one game at a time.:fire:

Its fine. You're right FinFans AJ Feeley is gonna be amazing, and Losman sucks. Its true. Next year will be very hard for the Bills, considering how bad the QB is.

FUN FACT:

AJ Feeley has thrown more TD's to the Bills than Losman has.

feelthepain said:
AJ is proven!!! .

playing in a few games when the starter goes down, and letting your NFC champ team win the game for you, is not proving your self.

having brady give you a win, is not proving your self.

proving yourself is taking a team on your back and PROVING you can overcome and win the games you arnt supposed to win.

all AJ has proven so far, is that he knows where the center is and the most of the plays in the playbook.

but if you want to get technical... hes MORE proven than losman... but that still doesnt make him proven.

Back
Top Bottom