Power rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Power rankings

nick19991 said:
they think Losman might be the next Ben Roethlisberger :lol:

Where do they say that? :confused:

CBS SportsLine.com - Bills: The defense will be good again, but the team's fate rests with J.P. Losman. Is he this year's Roethlisberger?

FinsDontGiveIn said:
I would be shocked if the Bills could come up with a game plan to beat us with JP Loser. The kid is a hothead who melt's under pressure. Did anyone see his Senior Bowl appearance? Phillip Rivers made him look like a little girl. Wasn't even close. He is one of the best thing we have going for us, a guy with a little talent who happens to be a choker. He will be the next Kordell Stewart if he is lucky. Thank god he is in our division!!!!

I would not be. The Bills have one of the best defenses in the NFL, and Losman is not going to be asked to do much for the Bills. Buffalo's offense will be better with Losman than it was with Bledsoe because they've got more flexibility with Losman's mobility. I actually think he's going to be a very good QB, and wish that he was chosen instead of Vernon Carey in last year's draft. Why should the Phins get any respect? They were 4-12 last year and regardless of how good of a coach Saban may turn out to be there is still not a proven QB, a rookie RB, a new offensive system, a new defensive system in place. It's gonna take time, with the AFC being loaded, I don't know how good the team will be. They had Cincy ranked 23 and I think they're gonna be a very good team this year, it's early, games were never won on paper anyways.

Where was SD at this time last year? 32?? We are not the same team as last year by any stretch of the imagination!! We are at least a top twenty team before we even take the field. Saban is brining organization, stability,leadership and talent to this team there are quite a few teams that don't have two of those qualitys. We are in better shape coaching, talent and cap space. If any fool tries to tell you we will be 4-10 again have no Idea what they are talking about or they are in denial. We should be over 500. next year.

Pete Prisco at it again, he must've relapsed on crack....

"Nick Saban will be a heck of a coach. It just won't show for two or three years."

Gimmie a break

Im happy that we're flying under everyones radar getting no hype and no respect. That way when we surprise a few teams and compete for a playoff spot (in spite of our qbs) not a broadcaster or writer alive will say "I told you so" cause they all thought we'd stink.

By the way, what do you expect from Prisco; this guy is a huge Jet homer. Just keep flooding him with hate mail like i do :)

djfresh47 said:
I would not be. The Bills have one of the best defenses in the NFL, and Losman is not going to be asked to do much for the Bills. Buffalo's offense will be better with Losman than it was with Bledsoe because they've got more flexibility with Losman's mobility. I actually think he's going to be a very good QB, and wish that he was chosen instead of Vernon Carey in last year's draft. Why should the Phins get any respect? They were 4-12 last year and regardless of how good of a coach Saban may turn out to be there is still not a proven QB, a rookie RB, a new offensive system, a new defensive system in place. It's gonna take time, with the AFC being loaded, I don't know how good the team will be. They had Cincy ranked 23 and I think they're gonna be a very good team this year, it's early, games were never won on paper anyways.

AJ is proven!!! He took a Philedelphia team that just lost their Superstar QB and lead them to a 5-1 record giving the Eagles homefield avg. throughout the playoffs. What more do you want? He comes to a team that has been deflated from Ricky quiting and the bad spring, and the poor coaching. All of that plus a HC thats mad as hell his power has been taken away and you have a recipe for destruction. AJ was never in a position to make a statement.

I don't know wht the future holds for AJ but I do know the past was not enough to judge him alone. Lets see wht one of the brightest young minds in the game can do with this O before we declare AJ incompetent.

Buff on the other hand is not in good shape at this point. They suffer a similar problem to what we hade for the last five years just on a different level. Their GM will help us enjoy their demise. He's an idiot and will make them less then they want to be. All the better to listen to them face their own defeat and have nothing to bring to the table.....bye bye billy goats, I hope you lose alot next year.

I think 30 is really disproportionate in relation to the fact Arizona got bumped 10 places higher and they assume they'll move much higher....Arizona only won two more games than us -- one against us by 1 point.

Arizona haven't proven themselves...Prisco's dillusional one-eyed perception of things really bodes against Miami -- that and the fact we all flood him with backed-up hate mail.

SCall13 said:
What a bunch of BS. We are definetly better than plenty of teams they had ahead of us. To name just a few: WAshington, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, the RAms, Cardinals, and Giants. Miami is going to shock alot of these "experts" and climb those power rankings.

I agree we will better than the teams you named.....but we have to prove it on the field. Till we do, the #30 ranking is accurate, and understandable.

we will win 6 gamesat the most this year....giving us a #8 pick in the draft

Prisco!!! the guy must wake up next to his inflatable Bill Belichick and think... i know time to do some power rankings, lets seethe Pats lose there best db (Law), O-lineman (Andruzzi) and there best defensive player (Bruschi) might not play this season. Then have a draft which was mediocre at best, sign Duane Starks and David Terrell! Sounds like improvement to me :shakeno:

patswho? said:
rams made the playoffs last year, washington has argueably a better offense and defense and a proven coach, tampa is a few years removed from the superbowl, new orleans has more talent than anyone ive just mentioned, and well, the cardinals are the cardinals

The Rams SQEAKED into the playoffs in a very weak conference. Washington isn't better than Miami in any part of the game, especially defense. I don't care when Tampa Bay won a Super Bowl, they still aren't good. They have slowly fallen apart. New Orleans simply doesn't match up well against Miami and they aren't that good anyway. And they extremely inconsistent. Cardinals remain to be seen. They will improve but they aren't better than us.

CBS based thier rankings pretty much on records. There is a lot more that should be factored in than just the previous year's record. This is not an objective ranking at all. I have no

_dan24 said:
Where do they say that? :confused:

the fact that they even say "Is he the next Ben Roethisberger?" is mind boggling

I think the Losman point is fair. He is a good QB. There were a lot of people on here who prefered him to Rivers last year. He has the talent all around him with McGahee, Mould, Evans, Parrish to succeed.

Anyway, back to us. The rankings are done on last year, not the improvements that we have made. We had an awesome draft and added at least three, what I would call, big name FAs in McDougle, Carter and Jones.

Back
Top Bottom