Practice squad and roster moves | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

RT @Rand_Getlin: CB Leon McFadden has been claimed by the #Jets, per a league source.

Here's one RT @MikeGarafolo: Texans working the waiver wire. Claimed OT Jeff Adams from the Titans.
Adams will supplant Tyson Clabo or Will Yeatman. Yeatman missed a lot of the preseason with a concussion, so we don't know much about him.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 4m

Another former #49ers player claimed: CB Darryl Morris claimed by the #Texans, I'm told. Usually means deep SF roster

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 5m

The #Browns did end up finding another RB. I'm told they claimed Glenn Winston, who played for #49ers and Michigan St

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 18m

Some #Columbia #Lions news: OT Jeff Adams was claimed off waivers by the Houston #Texans from the #Titans.

The #Browns claimed OT Ryan Seymour, I'm told. Has played for the #Seahawks and #49ers

That's one Omar wanted us to put a claim in for.

does that mean Miami has to cut someone, or can they just claim him and work him out? not sure how it works.
I believe the only time you have to cut someone is when you claim a player from another team's practice squad

Edit: maybe they do, lol

Sammy Seamster, a rookie cornerback from Middle Tennessee State.

Middle Tennessee State CB Sammy Seamster

Size: 6 feet, 200 pounds

Background: Seamster visited the New York Giants, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds and had a 35-inch vertical leap and a 10-4 broad jump. Seamster recorded 33 tackles, with an interception, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries as a senior.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-sammy-seamster-james-hurst-headline-ravens-undrafted-free-agent-class-20140511,0,4226635.story

Not much of a scheme fit...press man type guy not much ball skills or awareness...looks like a specials addition although they could make a similar move to aikens and give him safety looks...not very physical either...

Good size...smaller hands...I doubt it's active sunday

Sammy Seamster. Great name. Seamster.

I had no idea Leon McFadden had gotten cut. Big fan of his. Interesting that the Jets picked him up if the Browns dropped him given that the Browns HC is the old Jets DC, Mike Pettine. McFadden has great instincts and quickness. Wonder what happened in Cleveland.

RT @RichCimini QB Matt Simms cleared waivers and will sign to the Jets' practice squad, as @SethWalderNYDN noted. #nyj

He will probably start at some point this year.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Spencer Linton ‏@Spencer_Linton Aug 14
While Uani Unga will hit NY (Jets) first, he's also been contacted by the Miami Dolphins & Seattle Seahawks about workouts. #NFL #BYUSN #BYU

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 7s
The Dolphins have signed former UM WR Tommy Streeter to their practice squad.

Back
Top Bottom