Pre-Spring Heisman Finalists | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-Spring Heisman Finalists

Motion

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma - It's his to lose. This will be his last chance before becoming the number one pick in the 2007 draft.
Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame - The clear-cut number two going into the year, but the Irish must be in the national title hunt all season.
Troy Smith, QB Ohio State - The numbers won't be there, but a win over Texas will launch the campaign.
John David Booty, QB USC - You'd throw for 25 touchdowns if you got to work with Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett.
Chris Leak, QB Florida - If Florida is in the mix for the national championship, Leak will get the credit.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5337378

SpeedRush99 said:
Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma - It's his to lose. This will be his last chance before becoming the number one pick in the 2007 draft.
Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame - The clear-cut number two going into the year, but the Irish must be in the national title hunt all season.
Troy Smith, QB Ohio State - The numbers won't be there, but a win over Texas will launch the campaign.
John David Booty, QB USC - You'd throw for 25 touchdowns if you got to work with Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett.
Chris Leak, QB Florida - If Florida is in the mix for the national championship, Leak will get the credit.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5337378

At this point I don't see how peterson is above quinn.

PSUFinFan said:
At this point I don't see how peterson is above quinn.

Their just finalists, no particular order.

SpeedRush99 said:
Their just finalists, no particular order.
he said it's peterson's to lose, so i think it is in a particular order. i expect pat white to be a contender for the heisman as well. calvin johnson is another name.

Juan Cribbs said:
he said it's peterson's to lose, so i think it is in a particular order. i expect pat white to be a contender for the heisman as well. calvin johnson is another name.

Good point :D

If GT gets some consistent QB play Johnson could definitely be there.

Juan Cribbs said:
He also said Quinn is the clear cut #2. I think if Quinn and the Irish repeat last years performance it's his to lose not Peterson's

DonShula84 said:
He also said Quinn is the clear cut #2. I think if Quinn and the Irish repeat last years performance it's his to lose not Peterson's

I agree, Peterson was a non factor last year.

DonShula84 said:
just be happy knowing he's the clearcut #1 overall pick next year. :wink:

Juan Cribbs said:
just be happy knowing he's the clearcut #1 overall pick next year. :wink:

I wouldn't be so sure. Very possible that a team that takes one of the top 3 this year could be in the #1 position next year.

i saw on espn about a month ago that the order is quinn, troy smith and peterson..... thats gonna be the pre season favorites

I think it it Quinn's to lose at Notre Dame...Peterson has fallen off.

The Heisman is definitely Peterson's to lose. The guy carried Oklahoma to the national title game 2 years ago, and was injured last year for OU's big games.

How is Booty already being considered for the Heisman? Talent doesn't equal performance (see Kyle Wright).

Speaking of Kyle Wright..............Heisman! J/k...Meriweather is going to win it :)

AirFishOne said:
:shakeno: another thread about bashing Peterson....

I dont think people are bashing him. Him being the clear cut #1 for the Heisman is certainly debatable

i understand but calling him a non factor last year is just simply stupid, he was are major weapon last year, and did anyone even bother to watch the Holiday Bowl? He looked like the old AD to me, running over defenders, and who cares if he technincly didnt get 100 yds, if it hadnt been for Bomar's brainfart he wouldnt of lost 22 yds.

This year, Stoops has got 3 JUCO lineman, and a new Offensive line coach, cant remeber the name but he was Kevin Wilson's (now our O cordinator) assistant at Northwestern, he appears to be the best in the busieness, and with a better line (not as expericend as last years but i think more athletic) AD should be back to regular form, barring no major injuries.

Remeber guys he did get hurt for 4 games

Back
Top Bottom