Pre-Spring Heisman Finalists | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-Spring Heisman Finalists

Peterson was a non-factor? He was injured and still had some monster runs. Trust me, it's his to lose

ChambersMIA84 said:
Peterson was a non-factor? He was injured and still had some monster runs. Trust me, it's his to lose

Compared to his Freshman year, yes non factor.

AirFishOne said:
i understand but calling him a non factor last year is just simply stupid, he was are major weapon last year, and did anyone even bother to watch the Holiday Bowl? He looked like the old AD to me, running over defenders, and who cares if he technincly didnt get 100 yds, if it hadnt been for Bomar's brainfart he wouldnt of lost 22 yds.

This year, Stoops has got 3 JUCO lineman, and a new Offensive line coach, cant remeber the name but he was Kevin Wilson's (now our O cordinator) assistant at Northwestern, he appears to be the best in the busieness, and with a better line (not as expericend as last years but i think more athletic) AD should be back to regular form, barring no major injuries.

Remeber guys he did get hurt for 4 games
Not stupid, its the truth compared to his freshman year. No one was talking about him nationally.

you cant honetsly or fairly compare his freshman year to his sophmore year for 3 reasons.

1. He was unknown to many defenses his freshman year, he wasnt as nationally know as well, so defenses didnt try to stop him first, instead they tried to stop Jason White.

2. the 2004 Sooners = Jason White, Mark Clayton, Mark Bradley, Brodney Pool, Jamall Brown, Wes Sims, Vince Carter, Antonio Perkins, Donte Nicholson, Larry Birdine, and Dan Cody which = more weapons, better defense, a MUCH better offensive line, basicly a pick your poison of who to beat you White or Peterson.

3. this year, Peterson was our only secure weapon, Bomar got better but not good enough to get a comfortable lead or close out games, our o line was a patch work, moving tackles to centers, centers to guards, etc. If you watch most of our games, youll find we would always have an explosive 1st half (with the exception of the Holiday Bowl) but then we would go flat in the 2nd half because the defense would start to ware down Peterson since he got like 15-20 carries in the 2nd half.

yes his sophmore years wanst as good as his first for obvious reasons, but with a little bit better team youll be seeing him on sportscenter every day as usual :D

AirFishOne said:
you cant honetsly or fairly compare his freshman year to his sophmore year for 3 reasons.

1. He was unknown to many defenses his freshman year, he wasnt as nationally know as well, so defenses didnt try to stop him first, instead they tried to stop Jason White.

2. the 2004 Sooners = Jason White, Mark Clayton, Mark Bradley, Brodney Pool, Jamall Brown, Wes Sims, Vince Carter, Antonio Perkins, Donte Nicholson, Larry Birdine, and Dan Cody which = more weapons, better defense, a MUCH better offensive line, basicly a pick your poison of who to beat you White or Peterson.

3. this year, Peterson was our only secure weapon, Bomar got better but not good enough to get a comfortable lead or close out games, our o line was a patch work, moving tackles to centers, centers to guards, etc. If you watch most of our games, youll find we would always have an explosive 1st half (with the exception of the Holiday Bowl) but then we would go flat in the 2nd half because the defense would start to ware down Peterson since he got like 15-20 carries in the 2nd half.

yes his sophmore years wanst as good as his first for obvious reasons, but with a little bit better team youll be seeing him on sportscenter every day as usual :D

Look man I'm not knocking the guy, he's obviously a stud. You can list as many excuses as you want, but the fact is compared to his freshman year he was a non factor in his sophmore season.

I really hope Brady Quinn does not win it. yeah Peterson is gunna have a much better year. I HOPE its Chris Leak tho! :D

I know his chances are slim, But I said Hope!

The only one that doesn't belong is Chris Leak. I think I'd replace him with Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, or Marshawn Lynch.

Juan Cribbs said:
honestly i just want chris leak to graduate as soon as possible...

I'm with ya.

Can't wait to see Tebow take over.

SMadison29 said:
The only one that doesn't belong is Chris Leak. I think I'd replace him with Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, or Marshawn Lynch.
i love lynch, but he'd have to have a huge year....i think cal would have to win the pac 10, really, and be one of the "arguably #1" teams.

what about kyle wright? anyone see it?

I bet it is Quinn. Media LOVES ND. As long as he does not flop on his face, he will win it. Just watch.

Back
Top Bottom