Pre-Spring Heisman Finalists | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-Spring Heisman Finalists

Oboy said:
I bet it is Quinn. Media LOVES ND. As long as he does not flop on his face, he will win it. Just watch.

trust me they can go 0-12 and Quinn would still the Heisman, he migth even win a Grammy or possibly an Academy Award

Ask any Domer on here and ask them if this has ever happend (ND having a bad record and one of there players still win the Heisman)

AirFishOne said:
trust me they can go 0-12 and Quinn would still the Heisman, he migth even win a Grammy or possibly an Academy Award

Ask any Domer on here and ask them if this has ever happend (ND having a bad record and one of there players still win the Heisman)

Well look how good Quinn and ND did this last year and he wasnt even invite to NY.

DonShula84 said:
Well look how good Quinn and ND did this last year and he wasnt even invite to NY.

I was actually mad about that, I thought he was MUCH better than Lienart, I dont even know why Lienart has a Heisman anyway, in 04 Jason White had MUCH better stats (remeber this was BEFORE the Orange Bowl)

I feel Quinn got robbed last year but dont expect ot to happen again

AirFishOne said:
I was actually mad about that, I thought he was MUCH better than Lienart, I dont even know why Lienart has a Heisman anyway, in 04 Jason White had MUCH better stats (remeber this was BEFORE the Orange Bowl)

I feel Quinn got robbed last year but dont expect ot to happen again

I realized long ago thats its not about stats.

AirFishOne said:

Dan Marino would have won the Heisman too but he never had much support at Pitt. Joe Theisman changed the pronounciation of his name at ND so it would rhyme with Heisman...what an ego. :rolleyes2

I personally think that Troy Smith and Ted Ginn Jr. from The Ohio State University have a legit shot at the Heisman. The Fiesta Bowl last year showed a lot of improvement on Smith's behalf which ultimately led to success for Ginn. Holmes is gone but don't count out Roy Hall and Tony Gonzalas. Those two can take pressure off of Ginn and make defenses cover all three instead of just one. Antonio Pittman had a good year last year and should help take pressure off of the passing game. Troy has learned how to be patient, go through his progressions, and is only looking to run if every other option is being covered. This helped him against ND and will help him in his quest for the Heisman. At the end of next season he should be a better OVERALL QB than V. Young. He will have a QB's mentality with a RB's legs.

PS. That wasn't a knock on V.Young I just think that Troy will progress in his senior year and Young doesn't have that chance, so Troy will learn some things that Young won't and will be better for it.

DonShula84 said:

How good did Notre Dame do last year? Tell me one good team they beat besides Michigan. And Michigan didn't even finish the season ranked.

Roman529 said:
Dan Marino would have won the Heisman too but he never had much support at Pitt. Joe Theisman changed the pronounciation of his name at ND so it would rhyme with Heisman...what an ego. :rolleyes2

lol I always why his name is pronounced differently some times....it must be the luck of the irish :shakeno:

AirFishOne said:
i understand but calling him a non factor last year is just simply stupid, he was are major weapon last year, and did anyone even bother to watch the Holiday Bowl? He looked like the old AD to me, running over defenders, and who cares if he technincly didnt get 100 yds, if it hadnt been for Bomar's brainfart he wouldnt of lost 22 yds.

This year, Stoops has got 3 JUCO lineman, and a new Offensive line coach, cant remeber the name but he was Kevin Wilson's (now our O cordinator) assistant at Northwestern, he appears to be the best in the busieness, and with a better line (not as expericend as last years but i think more athletic) AD should be back to regular form, barring no major injuries.

Remeber guys he did get hurt for 4 games
If the line shows up, Peterson will blow up. I definitely put him as a top 3 in the race. One thing is for sure, this is no one's to lose.

finswin56 said:
If the line shows up, Peterson will blow up. I definitely put him as a top 3 in the race. One thing is for sure, this is no one's to lose.

I agree

Roman529 said:

It wasnt his idea. The AD at ND thought it would help his chances and he went along w/ it.

kpcane said:
How good did Notre Dame do last year? Tell me one good team they beat besides Michigan. And Michigan didn't even finish the season ranked.

from 6-6 to 9-3 seems like a pretty good season to me. Put your hatred for ND aside for 1 min and I'm sure you'll be able to see that.

DonShula84 said:
from 6-6 to 9-3 seems like a pretty good season to me. Put your hatred for ND aside for 1 min and I'm sure you'll be able to see that.

thats very true, Ill admit that Notre Dame is better than it was in recent years, but still I would like a win ovr USC or someone of that calibur, ya know what I mean Don? No offense to ur Irish

DonShula84 said:

I didn't give a rat's ace about Notre Dame before this year. They might as well have been Southeast Louisinia Polytechnic for all I care. But they played such an insanely easy schedule, and only beat the easy teams. How good are you if you can't even beat a ranked team? How good are you if you can't beat Michigan State at home? I just started disliking Notre Dame this year because of all the media hype they get, when they aren't even good. Not to mention they're taking away BCS bids from teams that actually deserve them (insert pretty much any SEC team here).

kpcane said:
I didn't give a rat's ace about Notre Dame before this year. They might as well have been Southeast Louisinia Polytechnic for all I care. But they played such an insanely easy schedule, and only beat the easy teams. How good are you if you can't even beat a ranked team? How good are you if you can't beat Michigan State at home? I just started disliking Notre Dame this year because of all the media hype they get, when they aren't even good. Not to mention they're taking away BCS bids from teams that actually deserve them (insert pretty much any SEC team here).

There schedule turned out to be quite easy I agree, but that isnt the teams fault. Look at how many of the teams on that schedule were ranked in the top 25 and the top 10 even before the season started. Thay had a lot of good teams on there schedule who grossly underachieved or were grossly overrated in the preseason polls. As for losing to Mich St, that is a rivalry game and they play us tough every year, especially when it's in ND. Every team has history with another team that may not be great, but they seem to play tough against you no matter what. Besides at the time we played Michigan St they were a hot team if I remember correctly. There season fell apart a few weeks later I believe.

Back
Top Bottom