Predict Next Year's National Championship Game | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict Next Year's National Championship Game

Here's wvu's schedule for the upcoming season....pretty weak

Sat Sep 2 Marshall TBA
Sat Sep 9 Buffalo (Parents Day) TBA
Thu Sep 14 Maryland TBA
Sat Sep 23 at East Carolina TBA
Sat Oct 7 at Mississippi State TBA
Sat Oct 14 Syracuse (Homecoming) TBA
Fri Oct 20 at Connecticut TBA
Thu Nov 2 at Louisville TBA
Sat Nov 11 Cincinnati (Mountaineer Week) TBA
Thu Nov 16 at Pitt TBA
Sat Nov 25 USF TBA
Sat Dec 2 Rutgers TBA

WestVirginiaFan said:

Sat Sep 2 Marshall TBA
Thu Sep 14 Maryland TBA
Thu Nov 16 at Pitt TBA
Sat Nov 25 USF TBA
Sat Dec 2 Rutgers TBA

pretty week? That's a joke and it should hurt them in the rankings if there are multiple teams that share there record.

DonShula84 said:
pretty week? That's a joke and it should hurt them in the rankings if there are multiple teams that share there record.

well it is weak, But you can't blame West Virginia cause they don't choose the conference. The Non conference schedule is done like 3 or 4 years before they actually play.

Skeet84 said:
well it is weak, But you can't blame West Virginia cause they don't choose the conference. The Non conference schedule is done like 3 or 4 years before they actually play.

All of their non-conference opponents are terrible now, and have been terrible for eternity. And you can schedule non-conference games whenever you want. Miami just scheduled OU for 2007 this past week.

Skeet84 said:

I can blame them for putting cream puff non conference teams on there schedule. Cant really blame them for luckly being in a crappy conference though, you're right about that. But I can hold it against them.

WestVirginiaFan said:

Sat Sep 2 Marshall TBA
Thu Sep 14 Maryland TBA
Thu Nov 16 at Pitt TBA
Sat Nov 25 USF TBA
Sat Dec 2 Rutgers TBA

they lose a single game on that schedule other than MAYBE Pitt they shouldnt even get a bowl bid thats weak

West Virginia will slip up, I see an upset at Pitt

hopefully this next season will be more wide open rather than just 2 front runners the whole season, kinda gets boring while everyone else is tryin to get a weaker BCS bowl bid

Ohio State/Oklahoma. Nebraska as a dark horse (I can dream.).

WVU has been trying for years to get better opponents on their non-conference schedule.

Virginia Tech didn't pick up because they feel they have a hard enough schedule in the ACC and don't need to play WVU.
Maryland is doing the same thing. I think 2007 will be the last time we play them, they are dropping us because it makes their schedule to difficult.
We have been playing East Carolina for a few years now and I heard they want to drop us as well.

Marshall is on our schedule because they are the other 1-A school in the state and the Gov. wanted us to play and basically used his pull to get it done. The extra game added to the schedule turned into this mach-up.

Even Buffalo wanted to drop us weeks before the schedule was to be released. WVU had to get the MAC involved to at least guarentee us that if Buffalo did drop us they would add another MAC team. As it stood we were gonna have to schedule a 1-AA school to fill that spot.

This year we start a rotation with the SEC and Miss St. is the first team we play. I know Georgia is gonna be involved in this few years down the road, not sure of the other team.

So yeah if ya think WVU has a weak schedule, and when the 2006 season is over and WVU is undefeated playing for a National Championship, and your school is forced to play in the uhhh Gator Bowl or something with only 1 loss, maybe your school will call up and ask to be added to WVU's schedule in 2007 and you can try and stop us then. I am sure we would be glad to add you to our schedule.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
WVU has been trying for years to get better opponents on their non-conference schedule.

Virginia Tech didn't pick up because they feel they have a hard enough schedule in the ACC and don't need to play WVU.
Maryland is doing the same thing. I think 2007 will be the last time we play them, they are dropping us because it makes their schedule to difficult.
We have been playing East Carolina for a few years now and I heard they want to drop us as well.

Marshall is on our schedule because they are the other 1-A school in the state and the Gov. wanted us to play and basically used his pull to get it done. The extra game added to the schedule turned into this mach-up.

Even Buffalo wanted to drop us weeks before the schedule was to be released. WVU had to get the MAC involved to at least guarentee us that if Buffalo did drop us they would add another MAC team. As it stood we were gonna have to schedule a 1-AA school to fill that spot.

This year we start a rotation with the SEC and Miss St. is the first team we play. I know Georgia is gonna be involved in this few years down the road, not sure of the other team.

So yeah if ya think WVU has a weak schedule, and when the 2006 season is over and WVU is undefeated playing for a National Championship, and your school is forced to play in the uhhh Gator Bowl or something with only 1 loss, maybe your school will call up and ask to be added to WVU's schedule in 2007 and you can try and stop us then. I am sure we would be glad to add you to our schedule.

The Big East should be considered a mid-major conference. It is an absolute joke. You have teams like Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee in one conference, Miami, Va Tech, Ga Tech, FSU, BC, and Clemson in another, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa in another, and then West Virginia, Louisville, and Pitt as the 3 best teams in their conference. I think the WAC should be awarded a BCS automatic bid before the Big East.

kpcane said:
The Big East should be considered a mid-major conference. It is an absolute joke. You have teams like Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee in one conference, Miami, Va Tech, Ga Tech, FSU, BC, and Clemson in another, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa in another, and then West Virginia, Louisville, and Pitt as the 3 best teams in their conference. I think the WAC should be awarded a BCS automatic bid before the Big East.

Well that might be true. Any of the top conferences would be a joke if 3 of their top 5 teams left. The BigEast has the automatic bid this year again then I believe the current BCS contract will be up and the whole system will be re-evaluated.

That being said if there are 6 automatic bid again the BigEast will get one. It still is a far better conference then the MAC, WAC, Con USA, and any other mid major. I think they are only marginally behind the ACC and Big 12. Texas had very little competition last year, and the ACC sent FSU to the big game. What was a bigger joke, WVU getting a bid or FSU? Both got the bid fairly by the way the BCS is set up.

If your team can't win their conference and get a BCS bid maybe you should petition them to leave and go to an easier one. College football is what it is. Controversy is what gives it alot of coverage and the BCS system makes a ton of cash. I like the plus one game this year, finally a step in the right direction.

Man up and win your conference and quit whining about the BigEast getting a bid. If ya do and get lucky and play a BigEast team then ya can roll all over them like Georgia did this year. :tongue:

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Well that might be true. Any of the top conferences would be a joke if 3 of their top 5 teams left. The BigEast has the automatic bid this year again then I believe the current BCS contract will be up and the whole system will be re-evaluated.

That being said if there are 6 automatic bid again the BigEast will get one. It still is a far better conference then the MAC, WAC, Con USA, and any other mid major. I think they are only marginally behind the ACC and Big 12. Texas had very little competition last year, and the ACC sent FSU to the big game. What was a bigger joke, WVU getting a bid or FSU? Both got the bid fairly by the way the BCS is set up.

If your team can't win their conference and get a BCS bid maybe you should petition them to leave and go to an easier one. College football is what it is. Controversy is what gives it alot of coverage and the BCS system makes a ton of cash. I like the plus one game this year, finally a step in the right direction.

Man up and win your conference and quit whining about the BigEast getting a bid. If ya do and get lucky and play a BigEast team then ya can roll all over them like Georgia did this year. :tongue:

Come on now... No one is questioning the talent on WV... They are questioning the talent in the Big East. Which should just be the Big EASY. I totally agree it was a sham that FSU got a BCS game, but at least they had some difficult games.

The Big East is a big joke. Plain and simple. WV is a really good team, I just think we ALL would like to see them have a few more tough games. First of all to give them a LITTLE challenge to make the BCS (instead of just giving it to them). Secondly because we all like to watch good, intense games. The FSU vs Miami's, the Michigan vs OSU, the UF vs Georgia, etc...

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:

Wow, its getting deep in here. Better put some boots on.

WVU is talented, their conference is not. Plain and simple. These people have a very valid point.

what would happen if WV moved to the ACC? or the SEC (for some odd reason) :tongue:

if this were to happen, WV loses 1-2 games, simply because of the bigger schools, however WV wouldnt be a push over they have AWESOME YOUNG talent.

I said the BigEast is the 6th best conference.

I know the talent level there right now. Louisville is gonna be tought this year. Who knows about the rest of the BigEast. Maybe Pitt gets outta their funk and wins next year, maybe not, I don't really care I hate Pitt. Syracuse is in its 2nd year with new coach, alot of changes were made to their team last year and it showed. Rutgers also were improving they had a very good bowl game against AZ St.

That said the BCS will be re-evaluted at the end of the season. Right now 6 conferences get an automatic bid. If it remains that way the BigEast will continue to get it. The talent level of the BigEast is better then the mid-majors. I guess everyone would be happy if the MWC or the MAC got the 6th bid right? Don't matter who that 6th conference is people will complain because they want that extra chance for their school to get a bid.

The fact also remains that WVU didn't take any top team off their schedule. The other teams withdrew. Maryland is withdrawing next. Sure WVU wants a tougher schedule and they are trying to add those teams. I can't comment on the other BigEast schools as I don't keep up with their scheduling.

Yeah I threw in a couple shots in my last post cause I am a WVU fan.
I am sorry if I suggested teams winning their conference to get a BCS bid. Maybe they should all be at large bids, then everyone can whine about something else.

Back
Top Bottom