Predict the Last 4 Games, Final Record, and Why? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict the Last 4 Games, Final Record, and Why?

FinaticalOne

DieHard FinFan 4 Life
Reaction score
As our beloved Fins sit at 3-9, with 4 games remaining; the results have created some interesting topics to debate, and some of them more heated than others. There are plenty of things that need to be fixed(which is expected this year), but this coaching staff has performed beyond expectations which has me believing this team will be relevant real soon. :cheers:

These final four games would be an absolute dream situation for teams who are fighting for a playoff spot, but that is not the case for our Fins this year. Some posters believe they can win 3 of 4, ending with record of 6-10. That would be an amazing accomplishment if that were to happen; and Flores would get my vote for Coach of the Year.

Looking at the remaining games, I see we will be on the road 3 of 4 games :(, and 3 of these 4 games are among the worst teams in the NFL.

They will struggle with teams that have a strong pass rush, and running game. So let's look at how our opponents have fared so far in those categories:

As far as pass rush, there is good news, The Jets are 22nd, Giants are 25th, and the Bengals are 30th. The Patriots are 4th.
As for the offensive run game, good news again. The Giants are 23rd, the Bengals are 28th, and the Jets are 31st. The Patriots are 21st.
I'll even throw in the offensive passing game rankings since we have a secondary full of no-names (although they play well as a team). The Bengals are 19th, the Giants are 20th, and the Jets are 30th. The Patriots are 8th.

Predictions: 6-10 record

@jets: Despite their defense being good, #1 against the run and #20 against the pass, they will be without (IMO) their top player, Jamal Adams, who is injured. Gase's offense is abysmal (worse than ours) 30th in the run and 31st in the passing game. Team is in turmoil, and the media and fans are eating them alive. Dolphins WIN

@Giants:
Another bad team, their fans and the same New York media are eating them alive too. But this game concerns me more than the Jets. Despite their low run game ranking (23rd), they still have Saquon friggin' Barkley. I think the second week in New York will be a tough one. BUT, the Dolphins will LOSE WIN this one in a surprisingly close high scoring game because of coaching. The word up here, their coach is horrible, a lot of WTF moments in the play calling and decision making. FUN (FUNNY) FACT: The New York Mets last win was more recent then the New York Giants. Both teams last won on the same day, but the Mets' game ended two hours later. :D

Bengals: Our only remaining home game, and this one is tricky because their offensive rankings are skewed, Andy Dalton returned last week after being benched for several weeks and they won their first game (go figure, but predictable since it was vs. the Jets). BUT, The Bengals have no pass rush or run game (like ours), and I LOVE our coaching staff vs. theirs. Dolphins WIN at home.

@Patriots - Defense is very impressive. Great team chemistry on both sides of the ball. Oh, and by the way, it's in NE. Dolphins LOSE. We're not ready to defeat the King in his castle yet, but it's coming. However, there is one scenario the Dolphins could pull a surprise upset this year. If the Patriots have everything wrapped up, nothing to lose or gain from playing, they could sit their key players. I'm not saying they would win, but it would increase their chances, but I still believe we would lose in this scenario because it is extremely difficult to beat them at home.

Sorry tankers, but the cards are stacked against losing out (or most). Flores and his coaching staff's PLAY TO WIN...PERIOD! mentality will have this team ready to play.

What are your predictions?

Last edited:
Though Flores will get some votes the coach of the year is probably Sean McDermott. That team is going to be a handful for a while.

I think they finish 6-10 and draft about 10-12.

I'm at 5 and 11, can't see us not beating the Giants and Bengals. Think the Jets will beat us at their house and think the Pats may have something to play for in that last game, the requires them to get the W, really need the Bills to beat them, that'll keep them interested.

Not only do I think we will beat the bengals, but I think Flores and co will make Zac Taylor look silly

5 no way Flores will be COY even with 6 wins

I agree, I don't think he'll win. I just said he gets my vote. COTY usually goes to a coach whose team reaches the playoffs. But he should get some votes, like MadDog 88 stated.

As our beloved Fins sit at 3-9, with 4 games remaining; the results have created some interesting topics to debate, and some of them more heated than others. There are plenty of things that need to be fixed(which is expected this year), but this coaching staff has performed beyond expectations which has me believing this team will be relevant real soon. :cheers:

These final four games would be an absolute dream situation for teams who are fighting for a playoff spot, but that is not the case for our Fins this year. Some posters believe they can win 3 of 4, ending with record of 6-10. That would be an amazing accomplishment if that were to happen; and Flores would get my vote for Coach of the Year.

Looking at the remaining games, I see we will be on the road 3 of 4 games :(, and 3 of these 4 games are among the worst teams in the NFL.

They will struggle with teams that have a strong pass rush, and running game. So let's look at how our opponents have fared so far in those categories:

As far as pass rush, there is good news, The Jets are 22nd, Giants are 25th, and the Bengals are 30th. The Patriots are 4th.
As for the offensive run game, good news again. The Giants are 23rd, the Bengals are 28th, and the Jets are 31st. The Patriots are 21st.
I'll even throw in the offensive passing game rankings since we have a secondary full of no-names (although they play well as a team). The Bengals are 19th, the Giants are 20th, and the Jets are 30th. The Patriots are 8th.

Predictions: 6-10 record

@jets: Despite their defense being good, #1 against the run and #20 against the pass, they will be without (IMO) their top player, Jamal Adams, who is injured. Gase's offense is abysmal (worse than ours) 30th in the run and 31st in the passing game. Team is in turmoil, and the media and fans are eating them alive. Dolphins WIN

@Giants:
Another bad team, their fans and the same New York media are eating them alive too. But this game concerns me more than the Jets. Despite their low run game ranking (23rd), they still have Saquon friggin' Barkley. I think the second week in New York will be a tough one. BUT, the Dolphins will LOSE WIN this one in a surprisingly close high scoring game because of coaching. The word up here, their coach is horrible, a lot of WTF moments in the play calling and decision making. FUN (FUNNY) FACT: The New York Mets last win was more recent then the New York Giants. Both teams last won on the same day, but the Mets' game ended two hours later. :D

Bengals: Our only remaining home game, and this one is tricky because their offensive rankings are skewed, Andy Dalton returned last week after being benched for several weeks and they won their first game (go figure, but predictable since it was vs. the Jets). BUT, The Bengals have no pass rush or run game (like ours), and I LOVE our coaching staff vs. theirs. Dolphins WIN at home.

@Patriots - Defense is very impressive. Great team chemistry on both sides of the ball. Oh, and by the way, it's in NE. Dolphins LOSE. We're not ready to defeat the King in his castle yet, but it's coming. However, there is one scenario the Dolphins could pull a surprise upset this year. If the Patriots have everything wrapped up, nothing to lose or gain from playing, they could sit their key players. I'm not saying they would win, but it would increase their chances, but I still believe we would lose in this scenario because it is extremely difficult to beat them at home.

Sorry tankers, but the cards are stacked against losing out (or most). Flores and his coaching staff's PLAY TO WIN...PERIOD! mentality will have this team ready to play.

What are your predictions?

I'm concerned about all four games because, well, RF is RF. When he threw the pick 1st play against Philly, I thought 'he's b-b-b-b-c-k. I was wrong. But I still have that worry. Jets? Miami is coming off an emotionally draining win. For average or worse teams, that can be a bad indicator of the following week. I can see, but won't predict 5-11. I'll say it's more likely than 3-13 or 7-9.

I'm on the fence about 5 or 6 wins. Miami has had a hard time beating the Giants over the years. I do believe they can beat both the Jets and Bengals. The Giants game is a toss up for me. But with Flores at the helm things could swing in Miami's favor.

Back
Top Bottom