Predict The Miami Dolphins’ Record For 2018 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict The Miami Dolphins’ Record For 2018

7-9 max, I believe, unfortunately.

But by God I'm a horrible gambler, so ... this probably means we're going to the SB baby!

Titans @ home = WIN
Jets, catch them early = WIN
Raiders @ home, catch them off Bronco game at Mile High = WIN
Pats, Pats come off Sunday night game = Lose
Bengals = WIN
Bears, coming off bye = WIN
Lions, coming off bye = Lose
Texans (Thurs), Texans coming off road game = Lose
Jets @ home = WIN
Packers, Pack coming off Sun. night game = Lose
Colts = WIN
Bills @ home = WIN
Pats, usual split = WIN
Vikes, Vikes coming off a Mon. night game = Lose
Jags = WIN
Bills, out of it , playing their drafted QB = WIN

11-5, Call me crazy. Not out of the question, need to sweep the Jets and Bills

Barring the greatest draft in franchise history, I'd say:

Ceiling: 9-7
Floor: 4-12
Prediction: 8-8

If we draft a QB in the first round, which I'm all for, then it'll be closer to the floor. However, if we get a high impact defensive player then the defense will have hope .

Week 1 vs. Tennessee: Loss. (0-1). Tannehill mounts a comeback in the second half after a rusty first half. Morten Anderson, signed the day of the game due to the complete inability of the organization to find a capable field goal kicker, misses a chip shot as time expires, and the Fins lose 34-33. Despite a three-touchdown second half, Tannehill is berated by an exceptionally loud and angry minority who insists that a winner "would have picked up Anderson and thrown him over the crossbar."

Week 2 at New York Jets: Win (1-1). Baker Mayfield throws for 300 yards, 2 TDs and 3 picks, while Tannehill methodically leads a balanced attack for a 27-17 victory. Critics blast Tannehill for not having a gunslinger mentality.

Week 3 vs. Oakland: Win (2-1). Tannehill outduels Derek Carr 30-28. Critics immediately run to statistics to show how much further along Derek Carr is at this point in his career.

Week 4 at New England: Loss (2-2). The Patriots win 35-24, aided by a questionable fourth quarter penalty on Cam Wake, who is given a personal foul call for "Staring at Brady too intensely."

Week 5 at Cincinnati: Win (3-2). The Bengals fall to 1-4 after a 21-13 game, and Marvin Lewis laughs out loud at the postgame press conference when he's told that some view Adam Gase's third year as a make-or-break one. "Oh, head coaches get two years to turn a franchise around now? That's ******* hilarious."

Week 6 vs. Chicago: Win (4-2). The Dolphins eviscerate the Bears under a particularly hot October sun, 35-7. Mitch Trubisky literally bursts into flames due to their dark road unis. Undeterred, someone starts a "Would you take Mitch Trubisky over Tannehill even if he was actually on fire at the time?" thread.

Week 7 vs. Detroit: Win (5-2): The Dolphins fire on all cylinders, and win a close game 28-24. Peace and harmony exist on Finheaven for THREE WHOLE DAYS

Week 8 at Houston: Loss (5-3): Tannehill has a bad game, the Fins defense can't figure out Deshaun Watson, the Fins lose 38-10, and it's like a homecoming party for Tannehaters. They haven't been seen for nearly a month. Chaos reigns at Finheaven. Fishfanmiami finally snaps and bans 143 people in ten days, including himself.

Week 9 vs. New York Jets: Win (6-3): The Fins defense clicks after being torn up the previous week, and win a 9-6 squeaker in a monsoon when Uwe Von Schamann kicks an 18-yard FG as time expires. Immediately after the game, he re-retires and challenges Morten Andersen to a cage match.

Week 10 at Green Bay: Loss (6-4): Rodgers throws a 25-yard bullet to take a 38-34 lead with ten seconds left. There's nothing amusing here. I can totally see this happening.

Week 12 at Indianapolis: Win (7-4): Coming off a bye, the rested Dolphins travel to Indy and win 32-17. Andrew Luck has been cryogenically frozen, set to wake up in 10 years, when maybe someone can actually figure out what the **** is wrong with his shoulder.

Week 13 vs. Buffalo: Win (8-4): Making his first start in replacement of AJ McCarron, Sam Darnold throws 2 picks in the first half, and the Fins hold on to beat the Bills 17-13.

Week 14 vs. New England: Win (9-4): The Fins defense continues to improve, holding Brady and the Patriots to 250 total yards of offense, and the Fins win 34-17. The playoff bandwagon is in full swing, and several desperate "Remember, Tannehill has never led the Dolphins to the playoffs!" threads pop up.

Week 15 at Minnesota: Loss (9-5): Minnesota completely shuts down the Fins in a raucous home-field drubbing, 28-7. Again, nothing amusing here. I could totally see this happening.

Week 16 vs. Jacksonville: Win (10-5): In one of the more impassioned games of the past decade, the Dolphins come from behind to win, 21-20 in the last 30 seconds of the game. Revelry ensues as the Dolphins secure their second playoff berth in three years.

Week 17 at Buffalo: Loss (10-6): Locked into the fifth seed, the Fins have nothing to gain or lose, and send out backup QB Kurt Benkert for his first NFL start. After a shaky start, he leads an improbable comeback, but falls just short as the Bills win 21-20. Simultaneous threads suggesting to trade Tannehill are started before the game ends.

Evidently ESPN can't add. They have the NFC 20 games over 500 and the AFC 13 games over 500. Guess they don't realized it needs to add up to 256 win and 256 losses. Worst team at 5-11, and 14 teams at 10 wins or more. That ain't happening.

Edit, I guess you need to read the fine print

"One important note: Each prediction was made independent of the predictions of their colleagues."

Last edited:
Evidently ESPN can't add. They have the NFC 20 games over 500 and the AFC 13 games over 500. Guess they don't realized it needs to add up to 256 win and 256 losses. Worst team at 5-11, and 14 teams at 10 wins or more. That ain't happening.

Edit, I guess you need to read the fine print

"One important note: Each prediction was made independent of the predictions of their colleagues."

This is the time of year for optimism

Early prediction is 11-5. Will make a more definite prediction after the draft. IMO this will definitely be a playoff team.

Back
Top Bottom