Predict The Miami Dolphins’ Record For 2018 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict The Miami Dolphins’ Record For 2018

I actually have no idea how this team will perform. Recent years have shown me that this team does not adapt well to personnel changes that happen during the season. If we have injuries and shifting of personnel, this could turn out to be pretty ugly. I don't care how cold it is in Buffalo, if go to there relativity injury free, I think momentum will be on our side and we pull out a rare win in the final game of the season.

Week 1 vs. Tennessee: Win (1-0)
Week 2 at New York Jets: Win (2-0)
Week 3 vs. Oakland: Win (3-0)
Week 4 at New England: Loss (3-1)
Week 5 at Cincinnati: Loss (3-2)
Week 6 vs. Chicago: Win (4-2)
Week 7 vs. Detroit: Win (5-2)
Week 8 at Houston: Loss (5-3)
Week 9 vs. New York Jets: Win (6-3)
Week 10 at Green Bay: Loss (6-4)
Week 12 at Indianapolis: Win (7-4)
Week 13 vs. Buffalo: Win (8-4)
Week 14 vs. New England: Loss (8-5)
Week 15 at Minnesota: Loss (8-6)
Week 16 vs. Jacksonville: Win (9-6)
Week 17 at Buffalo: Win (10-6)
10-6

No need to wait til "after the draft"to predict our record unless you guys are expecting 3-4 starters.
10-6 if Tannehide stays healthy 6-10 if he get hurt.

6-10 Takes time for a new offensive line to come together, Tannehill taking snaps from a new center, no full back or tight end, defense is a mess, coaching has been less than stellar, not a hard team to game plan against, not sure we have a running game, not sure we have a passing game, don’t have a kicker, What if Tannehill takes a step backwards? Better be a heck of a draft. Haven’t seen any reason to be better than 6-10 and I’m an optimistic homer.

We will draft one maybe two 2018 starters so it's highly doubtful rookies will move the needle on the win/loss column.
While I don't disagree on one to two starters coming out of the draft, in my opinion, those two guys can swing which direction our staff is leaning to win games. To me, two defensive starters could mean we are leaning harder on our D to win games. As much as I hate to say it, that would make me push the W column higher. To each his own though.

Our team played horrible (to my eye) in 2017...miscues...penalties...a QB that didn't really make THE play...no TE (to speak of)...
they looked uninspired and poorly led (IMO) in most games....

WE still won 6 games....in spite of ourselves

I can't believe , regardless of what some are calling a "daunting" schedule, that some are seeing us win fewer games this season than last
We have improved the QB ( of course barring the return from injury concern)....improved the OL....added depth, experience and quality to the RB.... added potential strength to the edge....are getting a LBer back from injury that didn't see the field BUT is expected to be an impact....improved the WR depth and experience....and improved the coaching staff

AND WE HAVEN'T EVEN DRAFTED ANYONE YET....

I believe, with that in mind, we will improve in 2018...how many wins?...hard to say...BUT I can't see us going backwards like some other posters do....

I say a 3 game improvement shouldn't surprise anyone and actually should be expected....Floor prediction 9-7....BEFORE the draft

Our team played horrible (to my eye) in 2017...miscues...penalties...a QB that didn't really make THE play...no TE (to speak of)...
they looked uninspired and poorly led (IMO) in most games....

WE still won 6 games....in spite of ourselves

I can't believe , regardless of what some are calling a "daunting" schedule, that some are seeing us win fewer games this season than last
We have improved the QB ( of course barring the return from injury concern)....improved the OL....added depth, experience and quality to the RB.... added potential strength to the edge....are getting a LBer back from injury that didn't see the field BUT is expected to be an impact....improved the WR depth and experience....and improved the coaching staff

AND WE HAVEN'T EVEN DRAFTED ANYONE YET....

I believe, with that in mind, we will improve in 2018...how many wins?...hard to say...BUT I can't see us going backwards like some other posters do....

I say a 3 game improvement shouldn't surprise anyone and actually should be expected....Floor prediction 9-7....BEFORE the draft

I agree, but some of the 'problems' last year show no evidence of being resolved.
Penalties - we can't know about these until the season starts. Will Gase take steps to reduce these? IMO, penalties, particularly in the red zone, cost 1-2 games.
Slow starts - Gase seemed to open up the play book late last year. Was that a change in mindset or just a 4 game change?
Missed assignments - IIRC, there were 2-3 games early last year where a forth to third of plays had missed assignments. Those should fall with more experienced players, but I want to see evidence.
Pouncey - again, IMO, part of the OL struggles was Pouncey not practicing. Lack of cohesion. Kilgore should resolve that, but, again, evidence.
press vs zone - nuf said

Throw in Tannehill will be better than Cutler, actual NFL-level guards, (I hope) a TE, whether the #11 pick is S or LB, the position is improved, and I don't expect the number of injuries this year.

Yes, there are still problems. Kicker, what will happen in Suh's absence, and a couple of others. I still see somewhere around 8-8

Yes, there are still problems. Kicker, what will happen in Suh's absence, and a couple of others. I still see somewhere around 8-8

Well...up is up lol...can't argue your well pointed out points...all is there (on paper) for some improvement though...not regression

We won 6 games last year, I don't see a lot of improvement so far to move us beyond that total, Tannehill > Cutler/Moore, but it's not by enough to make up for the the other losses.

Pie in the sky says 2016 is possible again because you never know if the schedule is going to be hard or easy. I tend to border on hard until it unfolds and other teams maybe come apart. But with a healthy team for us and a lesser schedule than we imagined, I'd say 9-10 wins are possible.

We rarely luck out like that though and we have depth issues. Hell, depth issues? We have starter issues! All things being even, put me in the group that says 7-9 is probably the high mark and a three win season is also possible - more possible than 10 wins would be. Here's hoping for a prosperous draft - even if it means trading down to acquire even more players! We need 'em everywhere: TE, DT, LB, DE, FS, CB, OL, RB. Yeah, let's trade back and get all groups addressed if possible!!

I just had to go back to the pre-draft predictions and see if the team lived up/down to expectations.

Seems like the team will finish about where many of the commenters thought they would.

Back
Top Bottom