Predict the Order of the AFC East Teams Next Season | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict the Order of the AFC East Teams Next Season

Joe Thomas is the only offensive lineman I see in there with real star potential. I advise all teams to stay away from Blalock, because from what I've seen, he's as soft as a throw pillow.

Levi Brown I've watched a lot of, him being at Penn State. I wouldn't classify him as a great player, but he'll be pretty good for a number of years. Sears is a big mauling player, but gets extremely lazy at times.

Beekman, Alleman, and Satele I've seen little of, so I won't comment on them. Staley reminds me a lot of Brown in terms of stability and reliability. Kalil is a consistent player, but he reminds me a LOT of former Bill Trey Teague, in terms of being too weak to handle bigger DT's.

For the Phins, the offensive linemen behind Joe Thomas / Levi Brown are OK, but nothing to write home about. Serviceable is a good word for them, but that's only my opinion.

In addition to Thomas and/or Brown, I'd like to see the Fins get Kalil. I think he can add some bulk and he has played in a pro style offense at USC. I think he will be ready to step in and play. If this group lacks star power, I think it makes up for it in being a little deeper at the guard position than previous years.

I think it is critical for the Fins to get Brown or Staley with one of their first two picks and a center or guard with one of the other in the second round. I wouldn't mind seeing them take a developmental QB in the third round (Kolb?).

There are many combinations of players that could be taken with the first four picks that could really help the Fins.

And depending on how good your line coach is you can find solid starters with mid to late picks.

I agree. Either way, I think the Fins have made it clear that they plan to build an OL via the draft. Statements made by Cameron and Mueller along with the inactivity in free agency point to drafting more than one OL this year. At this point, they don't have enough on their roster.

In addition to Thomas and/or Brown, I'd like to see the Fins get Kalil. I think he can add some bulk and he has played in a pro style offense at USC. I think he will be ready to step in and play. If this group lacks star power, I think it makes up for it in being a little deeper at the guard position than previous years.

I think it is critical for the Fins to get Brown or Staley with one of their first two picks and a center or guard with one of the other in the second round. I wouldn't mind seeing them take a developmental QB in the third round (Kolb?).

There are many combinations of players that could be taken with the first four picks that could really help the Fins.

On the Brown / Staley comment, wouldn't Joe Staley be a major reach at #9? Last I saw, he was being projected as a late first round pick. Levi Brown I agree with taking at the 9 spot. He would instantly add stability (there's that word) to a Phins line that needs it.

As for a developmental QB, I think you can wait until the late rounds and take a long look at John Beck, who put up outstanding numbers at BYU, and is a polished prospect.

A TE wouldn't be a bad pick in the 2nd round either. Adding a reliable TE for whichever QB will start would be a major help, IMO. Someone like Ben Patrick, who is very athletic, and has great ball skills. I'm sure Cameron would like an explosive TE in the offense, much like what he had in SD with Gates.

You could have written exactly the same thing before the start of last season. How did that work out?

How can a team that you predict will go 8-8 have only one major concern?

I could have but I would have been lying.

You dont think the Bills have made leaps and bounds this year on protecting JP using FA?

Edit: And since this is a prediction thread for the AFCE, I'd like to know what you think the Bills record will be this season.

I want to line up a bet... :wink:

As I look over the list of 2007 opponents :hmmm: I see your boys "splitting" with the Jersey Jets, beating the New Jersey Giants at home, and getting a 'hard-fought' road win over the Cleveland Browns. :)

Thats's 3 wins for my "hometown team"!
:cool2:

On the Brown / Staley comment, wouldn't Joe Staley be a major reach at #9? Last I saw, he was being projected as a late first round pick. Levi Brown I agree with taking at the 9 spot. He would instantly add stability (there's that word) to a Phins line that needs it.

As for a developmental QB, I think you can wait until the late rounds and take a long look at John Beck, who put up outstanding numbers at BYU, and is a polished prospect.

A TE wouldn't be a bad pick in the 2nd round either. Adding a reliable TE for whichever QB will start would be a major help, IMO. Someone like Ben Patrick, who is very athletic, and has great ball skills. I'm sure Cameron would like an explosive TE in the offense, much like what he had in SD with Gates.

If Brown is gone, I think the Fins try to trade out of that spot. If they can't, I wouldn't be surprised by Okoye, Carriker, Willis, or Landry. They could also go WR, but I think that is too early for anyone but Johnson and he will be gone.

I think they try to get Staley at #40, but that's a risk to wait that long.

As I look over the list of 2007 opponents :hmmm: I see your boys "splitting" with the Jersey Jets, beating the New Jersey Giants at home, and getting a 'hard-fought' road win over the Cleveland Browns. :)

Thats's 3 wins for my "hometown team"!
:cool2:

Bet time, I'll send you the logistics in a PM later on.

If Brown is gone, I think the Fins try to trade out of that spot. If they can't, I wouldn't be surprised by Okoye, Carriker, Willis, or Landry. They could also go WR, but I think that is too early for anyone but Johnson and he will be gone.

Robert Meachem from Tennessee has been skyrocketing up draft boards. I think he'd be a worthy pick at #9 if you want to go the WR route.

As I look over the list of 2007 opponents :hmmm: I see your boys "splitting" with the Jersey Jets

Whatchoo talkin' bout Willis? Oh wait, Willis has left the building, and he took any hope the Bills had of splitting the series with the Jets next year. :D

The New Jersey Jest should keep the Buffa:loser:osers 'company' in the division's "basement" this year.:friends:
...I do enjoy reading this 'smack' talk from the fans of the league's two most pathetic teams! :lol:

[mod]No personal attacks[/mod]
The New Jersey Jest should keep the Buffa:loser:osers 'company' in the division's "basement" this year.:friends:
...I do enjoy reading this 'smack' talk from the fans of the league's two most pathetic teams! :lol:
Why don't you go ask Clements how it feels owning half of the forty niners franchise.

Back
Top Bottom