Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins

I'd be surprised if we took Haskins. I haven't watched much of him. My take is that he seemed slow, big....I get the Winston comparison. I was fooled by Winston, thought he'd mature into a good maybe great QB in the NFL and unfortunately he couldn't "turn it on" at the next level.

I wouldn't be thrilled with Haskins at 13 if guys like Devin White are staring us in the face.

I actually see us trading down. It makes more sense to acquire more talent in the 2nd, 3rd round for the rebuild. The team is not expecting to win this year, and Murray will not be on the board by #13.

While I completely agree that if it's the guy go get him, I don't believe it's prudent to do whatever it takes.

We need picks to rebuild a team with many holes.

So the question is what is the price and the answer, IMO, is not at any price.

Out of reach is out of reach.

Getting our Mahomes, Mayfield (etc) helps any rebuild. With a cheap quarterback we can fill some holes through free agency, and build the trenches through day two and three.

A rebuild is also a multiple year thing. We can be patient in building the OL, DL, LBs (etc) and just be smart in drafting and free agency. Talent can be acquire through all three days and undrafted. Having the quarterback is the main thing, unless you build a team based on elite defense and a strong run game and utilise a game manager as your quarterback.

Also having the quarterback as the centrepiece makes things easier as well because the right quarterback can raise the performances of those around them. A good quarterback will make average receivers good receivers, and average linemen passable linemen.

I’m thinking trade down seems very possible also there is some real quality interior OL and interior DL that will go between 20-60 picks, ideally we can snag 1 of each and still have 1 second round pick to take BPA playmaker (WR, CB, Edge)

If the brass loves a quarterback they have to get him. If they don't fall in love with someone this year then let's see what next year brings been dealing with this bullshit lack of quarterbacks since Marino and I'll give up 5 first-round picks for a shot at another 13. Worst cases swing-and-miss and we've done that before.

if dolphins want Haskins. they can get him or just wait in see who fall to them. Haskins ran slow time in 40.
nobody cares about 40 times for pocket passing QB’s. What was Tom Brady’s 40 time? That’s right! Nobody cares.

Put on the Maryland tape. Common misconception, he's obviously not a Kyler Murray but he can move when he has to and unlike our current incumbent has some awareness of what is going on out there. He's not the finished product, will need some good coaching but the raw tools are there, 50 Tds in a season is outstanding production whichever way you look at it. Unlike Murray he's not going to change the franchise overnight but given the right environment and the guy could very well end up better than anyone else in this QB class.

I mean pointing to one instance doesnt make it a common misconception. I can show you certain highlights of tannehill moving outside of the pocket dropping dimes but that's not gonna change the narrative on him. Maybe Haskins can overcome it but I think you are gonna see Haskins look more like Goff the last 6-7 games of this year. Deer in the headlights.

Also, we arent that right environment. He will be coming onto a team with a shotty oline (Shitty Defense) and defensive guy as a head coach. Former WR coach as OC. Not knocking the coaches but that wouldnt describe the "right environment" to me. We just need to take our lumps this year if we cant get Murray which looks like a pipe dream at the moment. I want a guy that doesnt need the greatest environment to succeed. If I have to wait a year for that, so be it.

If we make deals to move up then it's just an indication that our FO has learned nothing and even with a new coaching staff it's the same circus, just different clowns.

We have WAY too many holes to fill without packaging/giving up picks in this draft (which would also probably affect 2020)...the answer is to stand pat and pick the BPA at #13. If all the QBs we have interest in are gone at that point (which I'm beginning to doubt) then go with the best player who fills the next most pressing need....and we have plenty of those spots to fill.

I’ll take BPA any time you are drafting in the top 15 range. No reaching there. Someone will slip, a top tackle or whoever. We can use help everywhere. Quarterbacks are always a crap shoot to be honest. The top guy could end up being Clayton Thorson for all anybody knows taken somewhere in the fourth or fifth round. I would look for the best player available.

There are more than two QB’s in this draft...if you can’t get Murray or Haskins, and Lock isn’t there or you deem him not worthy at 13... you fill a hole....or you trade down....I think in that scenario you find a QB prospect that intrigues you in rounds 2-7 and you take a shot.

The idea of putting all your eggs in the basket of waiting 2 drafts to even make an attempt at a QB when you don’t have one is stupid and the wrong way to operate in my opinion.

Just sayin'

a number of mocks have Haskins going later in R1.

I know no one knows for sure right now -- but I'd say ZERO chance we trade up for this guy.

I’m thinking trade down seems very possible also there is some real quality interior OL and interior DL that will go between 20-60 picks, ideally we can snag 1 of each and still have 1 second round pick to take BPA playmaker (WR, CB, Edge)

I agree

I think Grier wanted to trade down last year. At the Ross/Grier presser they made comments acknowledging that we are more than just one guy away.

If Murray, Haskins, or even Lock fall to 13 I could see us pull the trigger. But unless a can't miss, blue chip guy falls to us at 13, I really believe we are trading down.

Ideally, I think the team wants 2020 picks for ammo to move up in case we aren't picking in the top 5. (Or really, anything outside of the number 1 pick in the draft.)

If we trade up, I'll scratch the remaining hair out of my head.

Back
Top Bottom