Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins

Trading away draft capital during a rebuild is absolutely the wrong thing to do. I think that the new regime is smarter than that. At least I hope they are.

Disagree, it all depends on who you are trading the draft capital for. Rebuild is pointless until you have a QB, if you are high on a QB and you don't have one you do what it takes to get him.

No. You never do sht like that!

The only quarterbacks worth drafting, ever, are elite quarterbacks. Elite quarterbacks must match up to previous elite quarterbacks who on rookie contract took their teams to playoffs and gave them a chance to win it all.
That is the only reason to draft a quarterback, in any round, to win a SB on rookie contract, and that is the only thing we are after.
In this draft there are three such quarterbacks, Murray, Haskins, Lock. Grier is close but risky.
So the only quarterbacks worth drafting are Murray, Haskins, and Lock, and nobody else.
We do not want to involve ourselves in developing garbage quarterbacks for a ten year haul, so that they maybe good in year 7. No, that's not how it's done.

You do not fk around, ever. Which is precisely the problem with Steve Ross, Dan Marino, Chris Grier, and other idiots.

Tom Brady and Drew Brees would disagree with you.

The goal should be to pick the right QB, not just as QB. Picking Lock/Haskins/Jones just to take a QB is worse than not taking one at all. If you don’t have conviction on a QB, draft BPA at another position and get yourself in position to get one of the 2020 elite QBs.

Taking Lock/Jones gives you an underwhelming prospect and takes you out of the 2020 QB derby. That would be a typical Dolphins move though: do whatever it takes to stay 8-8 and miss potential franchise-defining QBs in the process.

Tom Brady and Drew Brees would disagree with you.

That's just it. No one really "knows" which QBs will turn out great, which is why there are so many starters picked later in the draft. If teams just knew those guys would have been great, they all would have been picked first overall. Some guys are just better taking a flyer on late. It's the one position worth doing that because the potential reward is so great. You can add Russell Wilson as an other recent example. Brett Favre back in the day, Kurt Warner I don't even believe was drafted. Even starts like Rodgers that went in Round 1 but slipped to the bottom part. You just don't know sometimes, it's a very hard position to evaluate.

No. You never do sht like that!

The only quarterbacks worth drafting, ever, are elite quarterbacks. Elite quarterbacks must match up to previous elite quarterbacks who on rookie contract took their teams to playoffs and gave them a chance to win it all.
That is the only reason to draft a quarterback, in any round, to win a SB on rookie contract, and that is the only thing we are after.
In this draft there are three such quarterbacks, Murray, Haskins, Lock. Grier is close but risky.
So the only quarterbacks worth drafting are Murray, Haskins, and Lock, and nobody else.
We do not want to involve ourselves in developing garbage quarterbacks for a ten year haul, so that they maybe good in year 7. No, that's not how it's done.

You do not fk around, ever. Which is precisely the problem with Steve Ross, Dan Marino, Chris Grier, and other idiots.

Nobody's suggesting such a long "development" but suggesting there are only three QBs worth taking from all of college football is ludicrous. Just because they're all going to go top 10 doesn't mean five years from now we won't look back and say wow, I can't believe "XYZ" turned out that good. There are so many examples of QBs people said wouldn't make great pros that turned out just fine after slipping outside the first round.

If you don’t have conviction on a QB, draft BPA at another position a.

Conviction on a QB is irrelevant. An opinion on a QB is completely irrelevant. It does not matter what you, Dan Marino, or Chris Grier, or anyone else thinks.

I watched both in college and I’ll give you Brady but Drew Brees was elite in college.

I was just going by draft slot, but you’re right that he was widely considered elite. His height likely caused him to slide.

Where did I mention any of those players?

You mentioned some players and same applies to them and any other QB. It does not matter what anyone thinks. That includes Chris Grier, Dan Marino, Caldewell, Shula, Belichick. It's completely irrelevant what they think.

You mentioned some players and same applies to them and any other QB. It does not matter what anyone thinks. That includes Chris Grier, Dan Marino, Caldewell, Shula, Belichick. It's completely irrelevant what they think.

I don’t understand your point.

Back
Top Bottom