Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins

I think in that scenario you find a QB prospect that intrigues you in rounds 2-7 and you take a shot..

No. You never do sht like that!

The only quarterbacks worth drafting, ever, are elite quarterbacks. Elite quarterbacks must match up to previous elite quarterbacks who on rookie contract took their teams to playoffs and gave them a chance to win it all.
That is the only reason to draft a quarterback, in any round, to win a SB on rookie contract, and that is the only thing we are after.
In this draft there are three such quarterbacks, Murray, Haskins, Lock. Grier is close but risky.
So the only quarterbacks worth drafting are Murray, Haskins, and Lock, and nobody else.
We do not want to involve ourselves in developing garbage quarterbacks for a ten year haul, so that they maybe good in year 7. No, that's not how it's done.

You do not fk around, ever. Which is precisely the problem with Steve Ross, Dan Marino, Chris Grier, and other idiots.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what Qb u draft in first rd. u still go need good OC/QB coach....
nobody cares about 40 times for pocket passing QB’s. What was Tom Brady’s 40 time? That’s right! Nobody cares.

There are more than two QB’s in this draft...if you can’t get Murray or Haskins, and Lock isn’t there or you deem him not worthy at 13... you fill a hole....or you trade down....I think in that scenario you find a QB prospect that intrigues you in rounds 2-7 and you take a shot.

The idea of putting all your eggs in the basket of waiting 2 drafts to even make an attempt at a QB when you don’t have one is stupid and the wrong way to operate in my opinion.

The idea of wasting a pick in rounds 2-7 on a QB in a terrible QB draft is worse. You would be drafting him in hopes he becomes a backup. Why? Just to say we drafted a QB?

Look in the AFC alone. You got Mahomes, Luck, and Watson that are going to be in this league for 10 more years at least. Do you think some 4th rounder is going to take this team where we want them to go? We are gonna need a special QB to compete. We are about to enter into an era of some incredible QB play in the league. Do we want to waste draft capital on a Clayton Thorson, Mackenzie Milton, or the likes. We are gonna have to take our lumps this year unless by divine intervention we land Murray. Get that in your head right now. It will make it easier.

Would even Lock or Haskins hold the jock straps of the three I mentioned above? IMO, not even close.

Not even the Auburn guy?

Doesn’t have it between the ears

I’m not sure the buffalo kid does either but I could run zone read with that 4.59 and find out. And he’s got a cannon.

Auburn kids got good tools too and a plus arm I just don’t like him between the ears.

You pretty much nailed the only other kid that I’d have any interest in.

Most those kids belong in the alliance.

At the end of the day though I’m probably just gonna pass on all these options. Even the ones I listed

No. You never do sht like that!

The only quarterbacks worth drafting, ever, are elite quarterbacks. Elite quarterbacks must match up to previous elite quarterbacks who on rookie contract took their teams to playoffs and gave them a chance to win it all.
That is the only reason to draft a quarterback, in any round, to win a SB on rookie contract, and that is the only thing we are after.
In this draft there are three such quarterbacks, Murray, Haskins, Lock. Grier is close but risky.
So the only quarterbacks worth drafting are Murray, Haskins, and Lock, and nobody else.
We do not want to involve ourselves in developing garbage quarterbacks for a ten year haul, so that they maybe good in year 7. No, that's not how it's done.

You do not fk around, ever. Which is precisely the problem with Steve Ross, Dan Marino, Chris Grier, and other idiots.
I'm dumbfounded! As in, I just found dumb. :eyepop:

Doesn’t have it between the ears

I’m not sure the buffalo kid does either but I could run zone read with that 4.59 and find out. And he’s got a cannon.

Auburn kids got good tools too and a plus arm I just don’t like him between the ears.

You pretty much nailed the only other kid that I’d have any interest in.

Most those kids belong in the alliance.

At the end of the day though I’m probably just gonna pass on all these options. Even the ones I listed
I kinda like Stidham. Not sure why. Seen his interviews, a few of his games. I’d draft him.

Getting our Mahomes, Mayfield (etc) helps any rebuild. With a cheap quarterback we can fill some holes through free agency, and build the trenches through day two and three.

A rebuild is also a multiple year thing. We can be patient in building the OL, DL, LBs (etc) and just be smart in drafting and free agency. Talent can be acquire through all three days and undrafted. Having the quarterback is the main thing, unless you build a team based on elite defense and a strong run game and utilise a game manager as your quarterback.

Also having the quarterback as the centrepiece makes things easier as well because the right quarterback can raise the performances of those around them. A good quarterback will make average receivers good receivers, and average linemen passable linemen.

You’re preaching to the choir and the sermon is on point.

I’m trying to think of an analogy but I’m not that bright.

Only thing that springs to mind is let’s say you’re going to protect the family. Do you cash in the entire check on the top alarm system or do you get a decent system and spread it around a bit; a sturdy gate, a guard dog, better locks? And you can upgrade later.

I’m with you so bear in mind I’m playing all sides here because you have to chess this thing out. It’s not that simple.

Say we do go all out and move up to build around the QB. Now you’ve put said QB in an less than optimal situation to succeed. We get him killed early and ruin the kid on top of not having ammo to draft more help if you dip in to 2020 picks.

I may very well be biased here because if we were discussing Murray, I might be tap dancing to an entirely different tune.

But even then, I don’t think this team is in a position to give up too much for an unknown even though you are a 110% right- we’ll never be a competitor without a QB.

So what’s the move? I’m just glad I’m not Grier. That’s the only thing I can assure you of.

Last edited:
according to dan patrick the word on haskins is if you make him move outside his comfort zone in the pocket he pretty much sucks. so we are
going to pass on him.

Trading away draft capital during a rebuild is absolutely the wrong thing to do. I think that the new regime is smarter than that. At least I hope they are.

Back
Top Bottom