Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins

McSorley impressed me at the combine, a mid round pick QB/Swiss army knife. The guy could play WR if he fails as a QB, it's a win, win... Edelman 2.0
When I watch him I think of a couple of old school qb's including Jay Fielder. I think he's a fringe starter, but could be a nice backup and, as you say, with some versatility.

I hate the idea of giving up draft picks, this team has to many needs.

No, deciding X-year is the year we're drafting a QB in the first round and then didn't prepare for it whatsoever is how we ended up with Tannehill instead of Luck.

No, that's not how it is. This is how it is.

1. You never tank. Every year the goal is to win the SB. Nothing less. You are paying the roster $180 million a year to perform, there are professional expectation on the line, players play 4-8 years in a career, you cannot waste years. There is urgency and diligence required to act now.

2. You can always get a QB for the pursuit of the goal to win the SB, in every year. You just need to be vigilant, urgent, diligent. Know what you are doing and act timely.

3. There is no reason to lock in on a particular quarterback. The only thing that is special about a quarterback you need to win the SB is that a quarterback is elite. That means that the only thing we are looking for is a quarterback who is in the "class" of elite quarterbacks at the time of the draft. It can be anyone from the class, but it does not have to be a certain guy. We do not care whether it is Wentz, or Russ Wilson, or Mayfield, or Mahomes or Luck. We just need one of those - it needs to be one from that class which is elite.
To that end, the only reason to suck for #1 pick is because you do not know who is elite and you are playing percentages, you are winging it.

4. Dolphins did not need to suck for #1 overall pick, to pick Luck. In the 2012 draft there were two elite quarterbacks, Luck and Wilson, and they could've taken Wilson, without sucking, and that would've been just as good because all we are after is one from that elite class, not a particular qb. They had a chance to take Wilson.

5. Drafting Tannehill can be forgiven, but extending Tannehill cannot be forgiven. They did not draft an elite quarterback, but they took a chance on a risky quarterback, and okay. The main problem is, when he did not take the team to playoffs, did not give the team a chance to win SB for 4 years, they extended him. That is unforgivable. That is lack of commitment to winning, and defeats the purpose of point #1 above.

6. When Philbin wanted Carr after RT's second year, they did not want to do it. That's unforgivable. Last year they missed out on Mason Rudolph, that is unforgivable. Year after year they have failed, from missing Wilson, to Carr, to 3 years of no QB drafting, to today's talk of tanking. That is unforgivable.

The only quarterbacks worth drafting, ever, are elite quarterbacks.

Last year they missed out on Mason Rudolph, that is unforgivable

So to sum it up real quick:
  1. Draft only elite QBs
  2. Everyone's opinion doesnt matter
  3. In your opinion, Fins missed on an elite QB that ended up getting drafted in the 3rd round...
Do you see the holes in there or...?

4 or 5 games in college to find his feet versus 7 damn years in the pros with still no pocket presence, yeah it's exactly the same thing, you really are terrible aren't you ?
Getting personal again...not that I didn't expect it.

On one hand trading up sucks because we have more holes than an acupuncture client, but if Haskins ends up being a blue chip franchise QB I don't think anyone will give 2 craps about what we gave up to get him.

Ya Murray either.....

Like I asked a couple times before.
1983 would you give up whole draft for ....Marino....Daaaa
1983 would Buffalo give up whole draft for .... Jim Kelly ....Daaaa

Dolphins would have missed out on Duper and the Bills on Talley....

Plus the point we will not even see the top of the 2020 Draft.....

On one hand trading up sucks because we have more holes than an acupuncture client, but if Haskins ends up being a blue chip franchise QB I don't think anyone will give 2 craps about what we gave up to get him.
The only way I like trading down is when getting obvious value, when in doubt stay put. I dont have a problem with moving up at all, simply put, you're looking for great players and moving up improves your odds of getting one. The only way you improve your odds at a great player by moving down is for future, better picks...

I would give zero fks.

But that's the problem. Paying a ransom for an who knows with all of the youth this team need muster... it's a gamble I don't think we can make.

The sign of a good poker player is to know when to lay down a hand no matter how pot invested you are.

It's all about the price.

So to sum it up real quick:
  1. Draft only elite QBs
  2. Everyone's opinion doesnt matter
  3. In your opinion, Fins missed on an elite QB that ended up getting drafted in the 3rd round...
Do you see the holes in there or...?

Yes, I see a hole in your understanding between 2 and 3.

My opinion does not matter on a QB, and neither does Bill Belichick's. When Russell Wilson, or Mahomes, or Watson were coming out, they were elite. It's a fact. Anyone's opinion on it does not matter.
By the same token, Luke Falk was not elite, and Bill Belichick thinking he is and drafting him will not make him elite, will never put him in the same elite class as Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Goff. Opinions are irrelevant.
Mason Rudolph was elite coming out, and yours, mine, or Belichick's opinion on it is completely irrelevant.

My opinion does not matter on a QB, and neither does Bill Belichick's. When Russell Wilson, or Mahomes, or Watson were coming out, they were elite. It's a fact. Anyone's opinion on it does not matter.
By the same token, Luke Falk was not elite, and Bill Belichick thinking he is and drafting him will not make him elite, will never put him in the same elite class as Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Goff. Opinions are irrelevant.
Mason Rudolph was elite coming out, and yours, mine, or Belichick's opinion on it is completely irrelevant.
"My opinion is Rudolph is elite, everyone else's opinion doesnt matter"... You're not making any sense... sorry...

Last edited:

Bro, but it's a forum. Opinions is all we gots.

"What would you like to discuss now? My favorite color?"
- A Few Good Men

Mason Rudolph was elite? Says who?

Back
Top Bottom