Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday

phunwin said:
I predict the Niners take Rodgers.

I predict that we trade the pick to Minnesota for #7 and #18. Maybe they throw in a 4th or a 2006 pick or something. They take Edwards at #2, we take Ronnie Brown at #7 and Marcus Spears at #18.

I predict we trade Surtain to KC for a 2nd round pick. We'll take Darryl Blackstock with that choice and Corey Webster at the start of round 3.

And, if there's justice in the world, we take David Greene in round 4.

Possibility, If the Vikes call the Niners bluff, although I wouldn't rule out the Niners drafting Edwards. He is widely considered the most talented player in this draft.....it wouldn't be a reach.

Everyone acts like there aren't other quarterbacks for the Niners to draft later, don't they pick high in round two?

If your scenario plays out though, I think it will be Cadilac at #7, but I also think there is a real good chance of us trading again down from #7.

Spears seems like a good choice at #18, and I wouldn't rule out Saban going for Matt Jones, he knows as well as anybody what a weapon this guy is.

phunwin said:
I predict the Niners take Rodgers.

I predict that we trade the pick to Minnesota for #7 and #18. Maybe they throw in a 4th or a 2006 pick or something. They take Edwards at #2, we take Ronnie Brown at #7 and Marcus Spears at #18.

I predict we trade Surtain to KC for a 2nd round pick. We'll take Darryl Blackstock with that choice and Corey Webster at the start of round 3.

And, if there's justice in the world, we take David Greene in round 4.

Hey...I just noticed your sig...phunwin........

So how many games do your pistons win against the heat in the ECF's? One...Two?

if your scenario holds, than the 49ers will have a draft coup. If they get Minnesota to buy into them taking Edwards, then Minnesota is very foolish. Then again, Minnesota has a difficult time taking any draft pick. They can't get the card to the commish. Just imagine Minnesota getting the first pick, and not getting it turned in on time. Priceless.:roflmao:

BlueFin said:
Now that San Fran has decided to get in on the trade down possibilities and start smokescreening who they really want, here is what I think will happen:

You will start hearing that the Niners are shifting their interest to Braylon Edwards as we get further into this week, Minnesota badly wants Edwards and will trade up with the Niners.

The Niners think that Rodgers, their real first choice will still be there at #7 and they will have picked up an extra first rounder in the process.

Miami will then have to decide between Alex Smith or a possible trade down......I go on record here stating Alex Smith will be a Miami Dolphin on Saturday.

That's unfortunate if that happens, it means we fell to get the extra picks we wanted to really build for the future and plug some immediate needs.. I know in my hearts of hearts Saban wants to trade down..If they can made that happen, there's where we go.

BlueFin said:
Now that San Fran has decided to get in on the trade down possibilities and start smokescreening who they really want, here is what I think will happen:

You will start hearing that the Niners are shifting their interest to Braylon Edwards as we get further into this week, Minnesota badly wants Edwards and will trade up with the Niners.

The Niners think that Rodgers, their real first choice will still be there at #7 and they will have picked up an extra first rounder in the process.

Miami will then have to decide between Alex Smith or a possible trade down......I go on record here stating Alex Smith will be a Miami Dolphin on Saturday.
:)

inFINSible said:

Obviously teams weren't as inclined to tradeup as we were led to believe at one point.

Clearly in hindsight the Niners could have made this manuever as Rodgers did slip, but the tradeup offers weren't good enough.

We will never know for sure what Saban would have done had Alex Smith and Ronnie Brown both been there.

That being said I am happy with the draft, though still really concerned about our QB situation.

BlueFin said:
Obviously teams weren't as inclined to tradeup as we were led to believe at one point.

Clearly in hindsight the Niners could have made this manuever as Rodgers did slip, but the tradeup offers weren't good enough.

We will never know for sure what Saban would have done had Alex Smith and Ronnie Brown both been there.

That being said I am happy with the draft, though still really concerned about our QB situation.
I knew you'd be alright with it. I was just razzing you a bit. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom