Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday

inFINSible said:
Maybe other teams aren't as high on Rodgers because it's been the general assumption that he is the niners choice so, why bother making a case to draft him if you're not the 49ers. If the 49ers let Rodgers get by them, I'm sure that other teams will want into the market for him.

So, then you think that trading down is the best option for us at number two?

Despite your assumption about my so called Bias, trading down is a good option if the value is there. I have no problem with trading down for the Vikes #7 & #18 picks...thats good value.

The basis of my prediction is that San Fran by their actions seems to be positioning themselves to take that trade with the Vikings.

If that occurs and Edwards goes #1 to the Vikings, that leaves the Dolphins IMO with drafting a quarterback or trading down. I don't see runningback as an option at #2 because I don't think the value is there.

If Tampa or some other team makes a good offer to trade up that would also be well worth considering.

My feeling is Alex Smith will be a Dolphin if that Viking/Niner deal comes to pass.

Of course my prediction will be based on my evaluation of the players involved, could I be wrong? Of course.

If we trade with the Vikings for 7 and 18 then what about Benson/Matt Jones?? Baltimore might be taking Matt Jones at #22!!!! Is he worth the 18th pick? I always hoped a trade for Surtain would enable us to pick him up in the 2nd but now it looks like hes going before the 2nd. Saban really has nice things to say about the guy, do you think he would take him? We would have a potential franchise RB in Benson - a power runner. Then we would have Chambers, Jones, Booker, and Mcmichael for Linehan to play with. How bout it?

BlueFin said:
Despite your assumption about my so called Bias, trading down is a good option if the value is there. I have no problem with trading down for the Vikes #7 & #18 picks...thats good value.

The basis of my prediction is that San Fran by their actions seems to be positioning themselves to take that trade with the Vikings.

If that occurs and Edwards goes #1 to the Vikings, that leaves the Dolphins IMO with drafting a quarterback or trading down. I don't see runningback as an option at #2 because I don't think the value is there.

If Tampa or some other team makes a good offer to trade up that would also be well worth considering.

My feeling is Alex Smith will be a Dolphin if that Viking/Niner deal comes to pass.

Of course my prediction will be based on my evaluation of the players involved, could I be wrong? Of course.

ehhh.....you're probably right.

Phinfan31 said:
If we trade with the Vikings for 7 and 18 then what about Benson/Matt Jones?? Baltimore might be taking Matt Jones at #22!!!! Is he worth the 18th pick? I always hoped a trade for Surtain would enable us to pick him up in the 2nd but now it looks like hes going before the 2nd. Saban really has nice things to say about the guy, do you think he would take him? We would have a potential franchise RB in Benson - a power runner. Then we would have Chambers, Jones, Booker, and Mcmichael for Linehan to play with. How bout it?
IMO, 18th is too high to pick a player who is projected to a new position.
It also depends too on who else is on the board. Would you take Jones at 18 if Mark Clayton was still on the board? I know for sure I would not.

If the 49ers don't take Smith or Rodgers....why would anyone think that the Dolphins would? Give me a break....some of you act like Rodgers and Smith are even franchise QB's....there not....neither are ready for the NFL...and neither are worth selecting with the 2 pick...especially when you have two QB's that have NFL experience...and the Dolphins have far more pressing needs. Saban will trade down...or he will take a player HE feels safe with....even if some fans don't like it. The days of J.J. and Wanny are over...stop thinking like the're still around.

fishypete said:
If the 49ers don't take Smith or Rodgers....why would anyone think that the Dolphins would? Give me a break....some of you act like Rodgers and Smith are even franchise QB's....there not....neither are ready for the NFL...and neither are worth selecting with the 2 pick...especially when you have two QB's that have NFL experience...and the Dolphins have far more pressing needs. Saban will trade down...or he will take a player HE feels safe with....even if some fans don't like it. The days of J.J. and Wanny are over...stop thinking like the're still around.

Pete, Wanny and JJ would never draft a QB, thats exactly the difference.

fishypete said:

I agree I dont feel either one of these QB's are NFl ready or will make a big impact over the next few seasons. Trade down grap one of the top 3 Rb's, and if we get the 18th pick get Mark Clayton.

O.K. If any team needs a QB it's the 49ers....yet they are playing games now...why because they have seen that Miami is getting all the calls. IF your set at QB...why play games...no one can beat out the 49ers...just make the pick...and move on...the truth is....they aren't happy with either QB. Maybe they feel they can acquire Smith or Rodgers at a lower pick...again...what does that say about the two QB's. HYPE..HYPE..HYPE. Edwards is the key player...period.

fishypete said:
J.J. Drafted Aikman...but Aikman was a franchise QB.

With the Dolphins Pete.....and who made you the god of quarterbacks? You might not like them, but a lot of people do.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Didn't wansteadt draft Cade McNown?
I think he was gone from chicago by then but I know he did give up a 1st for Rick Mirer :roflmao:

BlueFin said:
With the Dolphins Pete.....and who made you the god of quarterbacks? You might not like them, but a lot of people do.

And most experts have them below Edwards...in fact...most mock drafts that are run by people that really know football...have both QB's rated no better than 4th or 5th best available players in the draft. It's the first draft I can remember where the so called top QB's are not rated on the top. Thats enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom