Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday

I'll get back to you all on Sunday. :D

BlueFin said:
Now that San Fran has decided to get in on the trade down possibilities and start smokescreening who they really want, here is what I think will happen:

You will start hearing that the Niners are shifting their interest to Braylon Edwards as we get further into this week, Minnesota badly wants Edwards and will trade up with the Niners.

The Niners think that Rodgers, their real first choice will still be there at #7 and they will have picked up an extra first rounder in the process.

Miami will then have to decide between Alex Smith or a possible trade down......I go on record here stating Alex Smith will be a Miami Dolphin on Saturday.

I agree. It is really the only position that dictates reality for the amount of money you dish out for picking that high. I think with edwards or Smith we cant lose but Alex is #1 IMO. I think SF is bluffing becuase they know Condon is gonna put big time pressure on them as far as a contract.

Jaj said:
I think Saban will work a trade for Minny. Minny will try and put themselves over the top with Braylon Edwards and a DL like Pollack at 18. We'll get their 7th overall, their 2nd, their 3rd, and maybe a pick next year if anything else.

We can't work a deal with Minny if San Fran drafts Edwards and then trades him for Minnys picks, or trades the #1 for the picks while still on the clock, I think one of those two scenarios will play out.

San Fran was a little slow in figuring it out but they now realize they are better off to wait until all their time is allotted Saturday before pulling the trigger.

They will draft the player they think they can get the best trade down value from, which appears to be Minnesota's #7 & #18 picks for Braylon Edwards, Braylon is considered by most scouts the most talented player in this draft.

Of course that will leave Alex Smith to us when the dust settles, Tampa will decide to probably sit tight and not pony up the fortune it will take to move up and we will select Alex Smith.

larfo2224 said:
If SF suddenly gets enamored with Braylon Edwards, everyone will know it is a total smokescreen. IMHO they are going QB and they are not fooling anyone. Minnesota is now a likely trade partner and I hope to god it works out.

But you forget something, Edwards is the most talented player in this draft, no one will criticize the pick if they make it, they have a big hole at WR as well.

They will take him even if a deal isn't consumated yet and deal him to Minnesota, either way our trade down opportunities shrunk.

testtubetimmy said:
Saban wants out of the number 2 spot, so its this simple.

If San Fran takes Smith (or trades with Tampa), we trade with Minn. and get what they give us.

If San Fran takes Edwards (or trades with Minn), we trade with Tampa and get what they give us.

If San Fran takes Rodgers, we do whatever is best in the Fins interest. Perhaps its trading with Tampa first, then if Edwards falls to number 5 (doubt it) We trade AGAIN with Minn. and pick up what they give us, having perhaps two number ones and a number 2. ::shrugs::

Either way, I see SAN FRAN holding the key to this draft and who we choose/where we go.

Your fooling yourself if you think he wants out so badly he'll take "what they give us" as you put it, Saban is high on Smith and if the Edwards to Minnesota thing with San Fran comes to fruition Alex Smith to Miami is a solid bet and its where my money is.

finfan54 said:
I agree. It is really the only position that dictates reality for the amount of money you dish out for picking that high. I think with edwards or Smith we cant lose but Alex is #1 IMO. I think SF is bluffing becuase they know Condon is gonna put big time pressure on them as far as a contract.

They are fishing for tradedown offers right now, after they mine the Smith field they will go to the Braylon Edwards field where they will find the best offer, with Minnesota.

I was wondering last week why the Niners would sit there and let all the media talk about all the tradedown opportunities for Miami getting rich when San Fran holds the real key.

PHINATIC13 said:
Might be a big gamble for SF. I'm not so sure Rodgers will be there at #7. If we take your boy Smith I think CLE will take Rodgers. JMO

If Rodgers doesn't go #1 he may really slip...Randy Mueller suggested that Rodgers could slip out of the top 10 if he doesn't go #1. Its really an interesting possibility & speaks to the NFL executives opinion of AR.

I just don't see Miami taking one of these QB's at the #2...to me, its looking more and more like Braylon Edwards.:cooldude:

motioncityhifi said:
I dont think so. I think by Sat Smith will be a 49er and we will trade down with either Tampa or Minnesota
:pray: I hope you're right.

It's interesting how it's so obvious that the 49ers are creating a smokescreen but, Saban would never do anything like that. :rolleyes:

You see certain screen names and you don't even have to click on the thread to know what agenda the post will be pushing. Objectivity is lost in the abyss.

inFINSible said:
:pray: I hope you're right.

It's interesting how it's so obvious that the 49ers are creating a smokescreen but, Saban would never do anything like that. :rolleyes:

You see certain screen names and you don't even have to click on the thread to know what agenda the post will be pushing. Objectivity is lost in the abyss.

Not pushing an agenda, going out on a limb and making a prediction that I really feel will be what happens, based upon logical thought.

BlueFin said:
Not pushing an agenda, going out on a limb and making a prediction that I really feel will be what happens, based upon logical thought.
I knew exactly what your "prediction" was going to be before I ever opened the thread.

How can you summarily dismiss the fact that Saban could be creating smokescreens with implied interest in Alex Smith but, turn around and be sure that that is exactly what Nolan is doing?

It's not logical at all, it's simply manufactured reasoning to fit what you want to happen.

inFINSible said:
I knew exactly what your "prediction" was going to be before I ever opened the thread.

How can you summarily dismiss the fact that Saban could be creating smokescreens with implied interest in Alex Smith but, turn around and be sure that that is exactly what Nolan is doing?

It's not logical at all, it's simply manufactured reasoning to fit what you want to happen.

I don't discount anything, and it shouldn't surprise me you knew what it would be as I've made my thoughts very clear on this board in numerous threads.

What I posted here was what I honestly feel will happen, regardless of what I hope will happen, who are you to say the two cannot logically be the same?

Instead of attacking the poster why don't you try attacking the thought and give me your logical reasons why my prediction is wrong?

heres how i see it either way...

A) niners draft smith, now we've put out some info that supposedly we dont want a RB, and we dont want rodgers really, which means we'd take braylon, so minnesota would be our trade down partner and at 7 we could still get one of the RBs...

B) niners draft rodgers, now we have the alex smith rumors so Tampa trades up with us to get him and us at 5 probably have our choice of one of 2 RBs or mike williams...

either way id be mighty happy...

arsenal said:
heres how i see it either way...

A) niners draft smith, now we've put out some info that supposedly we dont want a RB, and we dont want rodgers really, which means we'd take braylon, so minnesota would be our trade down partner and at 8 we could still get one of the RBs...

B) niners draft rodgers, now we have the alex smith rumors so Tampa trades up with us to get him and us at 5 probably have our choice of one of 2 RBs or mike williams...

either way id be mighty happy...

But see, I'm making one prediction, not giving out every possibility, I fully realize there are numerous possibilities, I was simply making a single prediction of what will happen and InFins didn't seem to get that.

Finally, your leaving out the very real possibility that San Fran trades down with Minnesota.

BlueFin said:
I don't discount anything, and it shouldn't surprise me you knew what it would be as I've made my thoughts very clear on this board in numerous threads.

What I posted here was what I honestly feel will happen, regardless of what I hope will happen, who are you to say the two cannot logically be the same?

Instead of attacking the poster why don't you try attacking the thought and give me your logical reasons why my prediction is wrong?
Part of debating someone's opinion involves uncovering the motivations behind the opinions. It is not a personall attack.

The logical reason why your prediction could be wrong, is simple, Saban could also be creating false interest in Alex Smith.

Being that Smith and Edwards are the only logical players to feign interest in, it's hardly out of the realm of possibilty that even you have ben duped. And if you look at the whole situation obbjectively the only conclusion that you could possibly come to is that you haven't got a clue what's going to happen on Saturday.

Pretending that there are any logical steps to follow that point towards the answer, is wishful thinking.

haha, im not worried about what infins said or about what you said, just commenting on the thread about what will transpire come saturday... those are the only 2 options i see, i think in the end SF will stay put and take of the QBs... i think nolan wants to start with a new face for the franchise and trading to 7 is a big gamble in hoping rodgers slips that far, TB could take him at 5 without trading either way...

but i was just leaving my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom