PREDICTION: Zack Martin AND Ja'Wuan James in the First | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PREDICTION: Zack Martin AND Ja'Wuan James in the First

No chance

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Martin is gone by 19.

James is gone by 50.

IMHO all the top tackles will be gone by 19 so my guess dolphins wait to pick oline help. A top tier weapon on offence should be the pick in rnd 1. WR or te. If none if those are available cj Mosley

I also believe all the top tackles will be gone before 19th ...so I would like us to drop further back in the draft and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd Rnd.

No chance

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Martin is gone by 19.

James is gone by 50.

Lots of teams need O linemen, badly,...and we have a horrible draft position.

I have no problem with fixing the O line early, it's a mess, but can you imagine if we go tackle/guard in round one and two regardless of who's there, and our O line still struggles to open running lanes all year and can't protect Tannehill? They will be ready to hang Hickey from the highest tree. It will have been another wasted draft. We have lots of areas on the team we can upgrade, on both sides of the ball. Hickey's looking for a playmaker, and he's going to get one, one way or another.

Far crazier things have happened.. look no further than last year when they moved up for Dion Jordan... I don't get this forums obsession with hating offensive lineman. I really don't. There is nothing wrong with taking offensive lineman high. Miami gave up 58 sacks last year. That cannot be overstated. 58. Sacks. There is no rule or formula that says you can only find skill players in the first round. There is no rule that says you can only find good offensive lineman in the late rounds. Good players at different positions can be found in just about any round. Tom Brady went #199 in the 6th round. Russell Wilson was taken in the 3rd. Jamaal Charles went in the 3rd round. Arian Foster went undrafted. Brandon Marshall went in the 4th round. Jimmy Graham went in the 3rd. Richard Sherman was a 5th round pick. Robert Mathis went in the 5th. Stevie Johnson was a 7th round pick. So was Marques Colston. And Cortland Finnegan. Jason Taylor was picked in the 3rd round. Zach Thomas went in the 5th.

I can go on and on with countless examples. The point is, there is no formula that says you have to take a certain position in a certain round. Talent can be found in every single round. This team needs corns. Sorry it's not exciting. But Tannehill got killed last year. Unless you want him to turn into David Carr, they need 2 high round offensive lineman. BAD

Miami had 2 2nd round picks last year. They traded firsts and gave up one of those 2nds. Miami doesn't have the luxury to do that this year. They need all the picks they can get this year.

The only way we end up with two Oline in the 1 and 2 rds -> is a trdae down where we pick up extra

Now that Albert is in the fold Hickey (first draft is not gonna be vanilla) is gonna look play-maker in rd 1 -> LB,TE, WR, (outside shot at a Safety, CB)

If Lewan slipped it may change his perspective

Just pray all the QBs slip to the middle of the first rd and we'll have a dance partner for our 1st

The only way we end up with two Oline in the 1 and 2 rds -> is a trdae down where we pick up extra

Now that Albert is in the fold Hickey (first draft is not gonna be vanilla) is gonna look play-maker in rd 1 -> LB,TE, WR, (outside shot at a Safety, CB)

If Lewan slipped it may change his perspective

Just pray all the QBs slip to the middle of the first rd and we'll have a dance partner for our 1st

I can see the possibility of the QB sliding but those OL are going to go quick of the board IMO just like last year.

I can see the possibility of the QB sliding but those OL are going to go quick of the board IMO just like last year.

If 5 Linemen go so quickly the QBs fall -> Not a bad scenario -> i doubt 5 OTs go in the first 19 selections

Yes 3 OTs will go first 15 -> you think Moses and Martin will go in the first 19 making 5 OTs in the first 19 picks....?

The funny thing is you see people arguing that Seattle had a great o-line yet they gave up only 14 fewer sacks than us, thats less than one a game and if you've ever watched a Seahawks game you would know Wilson escapes a lot of sacks with his legs. Tannehill was 100% responsible for a portion of the sacks, checking into a play at the end of the Buffalo game that directly resulted in not just a sack but a turnover (and the win) is an example. Also, the guys on playbook showed that Tannehill was being indecisive and not throwing to open receivers seconds before getting sacked. The running backs were responsible for a portion as they just plain sucked at pass protection. Mike Sherman was responsible for a portion as its his job to scheme and playcall us into advantageous situations. And Joe Philbin is responsible for a portion with his philosophy that we're going to live or die passing the ball.

So we added Albert which should be a huge upgrade. We added Moreno which should be a huge upgrade. Tannehill has more experience. And Lazor is hopefully a huge upgrade. Shouldn't all of that be worth the sack a game that gets us at least to the Super Bowl championship level?

The whole world knew Ireland under-reacted last season, especially now that we know Martin was suicidal, but adding Albert, Moreno and using our entire draft on two cornfeds in the first round would be a huge overreaction. I believe in quantity over quality for the o-line, give Philbin 3 or 4 decent options at RT and let him decide which should be starting.

If 5 Linemen go so quickly the QBs fall -> Not a bad scenario -> i doubt 5 OTs go in the first 19 selections

Yes 3 OTs will go first 15 -> you think Moses and Martin will go in the first 19 making 5 OTs in the first 19 picks....?

Martin yes, Moses no more like round 2-3. So if we are at 19 and Martin is gone, which I believe he will be then I can see a trade down if QB slide etc but still think it may be hard to get someone to trade up with. My thoughts are we sit there at 19 and have to decide who to go with and if the OL we have highest on the chart are gone we look at the other spots WR, LB which is why I think the WR were brought in and its not just all a smokescreen.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/morgan-moses?id=2543489

The funny thing is you see people arguing that Seattle had a great o-line yet they gave up only 14 fewer sacks than us, thats less than one a game and if you've ever watched a Seahawks game you would know Wilson escapes a lot of sacks with his legs. Tannehill was 100% responsible for a portion of the sacks, checking into a play at the end of the Buffalo game that directly resulted in not just a sack but a turnover (and the win) is an example. Also, the guys on playbook showed that Tannehill was being indecisive and not throwing to open receivers seconds before getting sacked. The running backs were responsible for a portion as they just plain sucked at pass protection. Mike Sherman was responsible for a portion as its his job to scheme and playcall us into advantageous situations. And Joe Philbin is responsible for a portion with his philosophy that we're going to live or die passing the ball.

So we added Albert which should be a huge upgrade. We added Moreno which should be a huge upgrade. Tannehill has more experience. And Lazor is hopefully a huge upgrade. Shouldn't all of that be worth the sack a game that gets us at least to the Super Bowl championship level?

The whole world knew Ireland under-reacted last season, especially now that we know Martin was suicidal, but adding Albert, Moreno and using our entire draft on two cornfeds in the first round would be a huge overreaction. I believe in quantity over quality for the o-line, give Philbin 3 or 4 decent options at RT and let him decide which should be starting.

also another fact, seattle had more long sacks than Miami. meaning, their offensive line held their blocks longer, and it took longer for Wilson to get sacked. So is that the olines fault, that Wilson held onto the ball longer?

About tannehill not throwing to open receivers seconds before getting sacked...tannehill was getting sacked within 2.5 seconds. So you are saying receivers were getting wide open after .5 seconds? Sure, there were some long sacks, but the majority of tannehills sacks came under 3 seconds. So saying tannehill had a few seconds to throw to open receivers is a bit short sighted.

also another fact, seattle had more long sacks than Miami. meaning, their offensive line held their blocks longer, and it took longer for Wilson to get sacked. So is that the olines fault, that Wilson held onto the ball longer?

About tannehill not throwing to open receivers seconds before getting sacked...tannehill was getting sacked within 2.5 seconds. So you are saying receivers were getting wide open after .5 seconds? Sure, there were some long sacks, but the majority of tannehills sacks came under 3 seconds. So saying tannehill had a few seconds to throw to open receivers is a bit short sighted.

Sorry, "seconds" was a figure of speech, of course it wasn't seconds but he had plenty of time if he just released the ball. I don't buy the "long sack" stat either because so many times I saw Wilson have to roll out almost immediately so if he gets sacked after escaping what would be a "short sack" he now gets blamed for the "long sack?"

Sorry, "seconds" was a figure of speech, of course it wasn't seconds but he had plenty of time if he just released the ball. I don't buy the "long sack" stat either because so many times I saw Wilson have to roll out almost immediately so if he gets sacked after escaping what would be a "short sack" he now gets blamed for the "long sack?"

I suppose. it really depends on if tannehill could go through his progressions. maybe he waited too long to see if his number 1 and 2 routes would open up, while 3 was wide open, but didn't have enough time. Having him roll out would have helped, which I believe is shermans fault, for the majority of it. as tannehill even said he thinks that would have helped.

Back
Top Bottom