PREDICTION: Zack Martin AND Ja'Wuan James in the First | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PREDICTION: Zack Martin AND Ja'Wuan James in the First

I suppose. it really depends on if tannehill could go through his progressions. maybe he waited too long to see if his number 1 and 2 routes would open up, while 3 was wide open, but didn't have enough time. Having him roll out would have helped, which I believe is shermans fault, for the majority of it. as tannehill even said he thinks that would have helped.

The thing is Sharpe played as a receiver in that same system so when he looks at the tape he says if this is the same system I played in, and I think that it is, Tannehill was supposed to let it go there. I don't know how often if happened on the season but I believe he showed 3 examples in that segment. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in our system he's supposed to decide where his first progression will be based on the presnap defense then if that guy is in fact open he's supposed to throw it immediately before he goes to the second progression.

The funny thing is you see people arguing that Seattle had a great o-line yet they gave up only 14 fewer sacks than us, thats less than one a game and if you've ever watched a Seahawks game you would know Wilson escapes a lot of sacks with his legs. Tannehill was 100% responsible for a portion of the sacks, checking into a play at the end of the Buffalo game that directly resulted in not just a sack but a turnover (and the win) is an example. Also, the guys on playbook showed that Tannehill was being indecisive and not throwing to open receivers seconds before getting sacked. The running backs were responsible for a portion as they just plain sucked at pass protection. Mike Sherman was responsible for a portion as its his job to scheme and playcall us into advantageous situations. And Joe Philbin is responsible for a portion with his philosophy that we're going to live or die passing the ball.

So we added Albert which should be a huge upgrade. We added Moreno which should be a huge upgrade. Tannehill has more experience. And Lazor is hopefully a huge upgrade. Shouldn't all of that be worth the sack a game that gets us at least to the Super Bowl championship level?

The whole world knew Ireland under-reacted last season, especially now that we know Martin was suicidal, but adding Albert, Moreno and using our entire draft on two cornfeds in the first round would be a huge overreaction. I believe in quantity over quality for the o-line, give Philbin 3 or 4 decent options at RT and let him decide which should be starting.

who's arguing that?? i think it was clear all season that Seattle Oline was one of their team's weaknesses. Their line was more apt in run blocking though, and is simply more talented than the dolphins unit. I'm not going to argue about tanne's level of responsibility for each sack etc because like you stated I think there is blame to go around. It is worth keeping in mind that Wilson running around back there actually makes it a little more difficult to block for him...

I do think Oline in first 2 rounds is a bit of an over-reaction....but depending on who's on the board it would be a good play....albert is on the tail end of his career regardless of the length/size of contract we gave him...we need to be prepared to groom his replacement, and still need some help on the right side. I'd like to trade down and grab a an OL late first & Chris Borland in the 2nd... as I have a feeling ebron/martin will be gone.

Some of you fail to realize that if Hickey doesn't get the line squared away, him and Philbin will be jobless come black Monday 2015. Playoffs or bust.

who's arguing that?? i think it was clear all season that Seattle Oline was one of their team's weaknesses. Their line was more apt in run blocking though, and is simply more talented than the dolphins unit. I'm not going to argue about tanne's level of responsibility for each sack etc because like you stated I think there is blame to go around. It is worth keeping in mind that Wilson running around back there actually makes it a little more difficult to block for him...

I do think Oline in first 2 rounds is a bit of an over-reaction....but depending on who's on the board it would be a good play....albert is on the tail end of his career regardless of the length/size of contract we gave him...we need to be prepared to groom his replacement, and still need some help on the right side. I'd like to trade down and grab a an OL late first & Chris Borland in the 2nd... as I have a feeling ebron/martin will be gone.

I wouldn't have a problem with 2 o-line in the first two rounds but OP is suggesting 2 o-line in the first round which should cost us our second, third, fourth, fifth and maybe even the sixth, ie our entire draft gone on 2 cornfeds. Unless we trade our 2015 first which I wouldn't have a problem with.

Thank you no to Ju'Wuan james in the 1st. A guy who's gotten lost in the shuffle is LT Sean Hicky from Syracuse. 6-5, 300 lbs, has been working on his lower body strength, put up 41 reps at 225 on the bench. He moves well, very athletic and quick for an OT. He's on my radar for rds 6 and 7, along with OT Matt Patchan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfo1tqPy6DU

has anyone ever traded their next years number 1, for a rookie corn? lol that seems a bit of a reach.

I don't know but I doubt anybody would because its poor value to trade a first this year for a first next year. If they are stupid enough to I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'm still sticking with this prediction..

but if Miami loses out on Martin.. I'd look into moving back in the first and pickup a 2 or 3 (depends how far they would move back) and take Ja'Wuan James in the first. Then I would target Marcus Martin or Weston Richburg to play Center in the 3rd.

LT-Albert LG-Pouncey C-Marcus Martin RG-Smith RT-James

you would still have a 2nd and a 3rd or two 2nd's depending on how far you trade back into the first.. just some food for thought. I've been saying Pouncey's best position is at guard. He's one of the top 5 centers, but center is the lowest valued position on the offensive line. I think Marcus Martin and Weston Richburg could both develop into top 10 centers. Then you could pick up a WR LB or DB and maybe a Tight End like Niklas on day 3

I like it but i agree i don't think a 2nd and 3rd would get a 1st even if its number 32

I like it but i agree i don't think a 2nd and 3rd would get a 1st even if its number 32

according to the point system, Miami's 2nd and 3rd equals 585 and the 32nd overall pick is 590. it will be up to the seahawks, if they think that's a good value or not. and denvers pick is worth 600, so it's really up to them, if they really like someone at their pick, or if they rather have the other 2 picks.

according to the point system, Miami's 2nd and 3rd equals 585 and the 32nd overall pick is 590. it will be up to the seahawks, if they think that's a good value or not. and denvers pick is worth 600, so it's really up to them, if they really like someone at their pick, or if they rather have the other 2 picks.

Touche or move to any pick from 30-35. He should be there

Thank you no to Ju'Wuan james in the 1st. A guy who's gotten lost in the shuffle is LT Sean Hicky from Syracuse. 6-5, 300 lbs, has been working on his lower body strength, put up 41 reps at 225 on the bench. He moves well, very athletic and quick for an OT. He's on my radar for rds 6 and 7, along with OT Matt Patchan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfo1tqPy6DU

Matt Patchan hasn't been healthy enough to play a meaningful down in YEARS and you think he is a draft prospect in ANY round? Based on what? MEASUREABLES? METRICS? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You guys who paint by numbers crack me up. Draft PROVEN PERFORMERS against top-level talent no matter what the tape, scale, stopwatch or cheat-sheet says.

Back
Top Bottom