Predictions of Eight & Eight Stink | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions of Eight & Eight Stink

Finland said:
Yes, I am saying don't predict 8-8 even if you think that is right. It is safe and useless and you have a great chance of being right. In short it is not much of a prediction. Anyone can can say that and be pretty safe at being correct. It is not like you are betting money, you are communicating with others, so get off the middle ground.

So, you'd rather everyone who REALLY and TRULY BELIEVES we will be 8-8 shut up or, better yet, lie?

"You have a great chance of being right". Well, you don't want to do that!!! We definately don't want to make a prediction that is realistic! :lol:

Dude, maybe you drank too much coffee this morning. :rolleyes:

My prediction: 8-8

Boy this fence is hard to straddle! :D

Now, all this said, why not tell us YOUR PREDICTION. Here are your choices:
0-16, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13, 4-12, 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 9-7, 10-6, 11-5, 12-4, 13-3, 14-2, 15-1, 16-0. Funny, it's kind of like saying zero is not a number. Can you imagine number lines in math class: ...,-3, -2, -1, 1, 2, 3, ... Just what would 4 - 5 + 1 give you?

what hes saying is stop picking the safe bet... 8-8 is the middle ground for a record so if you got 6-10 your like well i as only 2 off... but if we got 10-6 you say the same ****... which makes it the safe bet...

so at least have some balls to say whether or not we'll go over or under that 8-8 marker and stop picking the safe bet so that in 9 months you can up some old *** thread when we go 9-7 and say "see i picked 8-8 i was only 1 game off"

arsenal said:
what hes saying is stop picking the safe bet... 8-8 is the middle ground for a record so if you got 6-10 your like well i as only 2 off... but if we got 10-6 you say the same ****... which makes it the safe bet...

so at least have some balls to say whether or not we'll go over or under that 8-8 marker and stop picking the safe bet so that in 9 months you can up some old *** thread when we go 9-7 and say "see i picked 8-8 i was only 1 game off"

That's even more ignorant than the original idea.... You can't actually be serious.

arsenal said:

Oh my god, someone actually gets it. THAT IS IT!

Is this a thread based on nothing or what !!

8-8
6-10
1-15

who cares.....

Nobody knows,
i dont particularly care what everyone else thinks and as far as looking forward to the season , I just want us to win as many games as possible.

I confidently predict that tommorrow the sun will shine somewhere in the world and somewhere it will rain. Whooa better stop this old predicting lark its getting to easy...

At least decide which side of the fence you are on. That is I think we will be better that 8 or worse than 8. So when the season is over if you said 9-7 you can say you were close to 7-9. Rather, you predicted a winning record and that did not happen or the reverse.

That way we are not all "threading it up" next year tlaking about how smart we were.

So "Paul Mad" why read this thread if you don't care. You predictions of it raining somewhere in the world tomorrow is exactly what we are talking about, but I guess you don't get your point is my point. Oh well.

I predict that before the season starts, the Dolphin's record will be 0-0.

Because im in work and bored and killing time before I go home,

My prediction was reinforcing my belief that prediction is useless, banal and most of all boring. I was reinforcing that argument, not addding any legitamacy to the 8-8 people .

Sorry that was not clear.

ladeback said:
That's even more ignorant than the original idea.... You can't actually be serious.

what idea? all i did was re-say basically what he said in the first post, haha

if you mean the idea of people re-upping threads to say they were right, people here do it all the time, yes it is dumb, but people here need to point out when they were right so they can feel better about themselves...

arsenal said:

This post, and this thread in general, are two of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted on this board. You guys don't seem to understand that there's nothing wrong with a "safe" bet if it's the RIGHT bet! If someone looks at the schedule and sees 8 wins and 8 losses, are you gonna tell them they're wrong? You seem to be more interested in trying to shame people down the road for who-knows-what reasons. We can't pick 8-8 because we'll be able to say later that we were close to both a winning and losing record? What the heck do you guys care? Are you the Safe Bet Bragging Patrol or something? The entire thing is incredibly juvenile.

I still really think we'll be 9-7 next season and maybe, just maybe slip into the playoffs as a wild-card.

Within the division; I say we split with New York, sweep Buffalo and get swept by New England.

In the AFC; We'll beat Denver, Oakland, Tennessee & Cleveland

In the NFC; We'll beat Tampa Bay & New Orleans.

If Wannstedt can go 11-5 with the team we had in 2000, we can easily go 9-7 with a team that could be stacked by the end of this summer. Book it.

Safe predictions are boring indeed.

Ever watch a boxing match with a room full of friends. Before the fight starts everyone say who they think is going to win. Lets say it is a very even match but you have to force yourself to decide regardless and take a side.

I can't believe avid sports fans have such a problem with this thought. Wow improving from 4-12 to 8-8. And I called it too, I'm so smart!

Wanny took us from 7-8 to 4-12, so at 8-8 Saban is only going to be one game better? I would think any Wanny hater and Saban lover should be able to step up to 9-7.

Back
Top Bottom